Oline-Chilo Rachal

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Other than a few false start penalties, I thought Rachal had a decent game at LG. He was o.k. at pass protection and along with Garza looked real good early on in the running game. I think Spencer lost his job for good.

On the other hand, Webb once again struggled on the proverbial "island" without help. When he had a TE or RB to chip, he was atleast mediocre. So, is this the oline we see going forward barring injury, or will more changes be made?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I agree, and with Rachal, those false starts at least for now can be attributed to not having a lot of time with this line.

Looking at it, Going into the draft next year, I think you need to get a LT #1, even if you trade up to get the best on the board, and then I think the next move should be a guard. Pick up another guard in the offseason and extend Lance Louis for 2 years.

Happy Human 1001

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears have anyone to take Webbs place who is actually better, so unless Rachal screws up, I think we will roll with this group.

If Rachal needs to be replaced, I dunno whether they go back to Spencer or use CW (or maybe EW)

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears have anyone to take Webbs place who is actually better, so unless Rachal screws up, I think we will roll with this group.

If Rachal needs to be replaced, I dunno whether they go back to Spencer or use CW (or maybe EW)

Sadly, I think you're right. I do think it will be CW if Rachal can't do the job, but honestly I thought he did ok.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

It's pretty bad when we put 7 Olmen on the field and still lose yards.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I hate Webb, but I'll say this, the guy can run block.

Happy Human 1001

Liked Posts:
Sadly, I think you're right. I do think it will be CW if Rachal can't do the job, but honestly I thought he did ok.
I thought Rachal was good yesterday, he just has a rep among 49er fans (or at least the ones who post on the internet) as a penalty maker- mainly false starts I think.

Hopefully it's never a big issue for us, but I know he got called for one yesterday.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We should go for 8, lol. 8 in a box vs 8 O linemen. Just for shits and giggles.

We'd probably have 8 vs 7 in the box and still lose 3 yards. I'd throw out that formation until we get lineman that can, you know, block.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's pretty bad when we put 7 Olmen on the field and still lose yards.

It's bad coordinating.. way to make it entirely too obvious they are going to run. Bad moves by Tice right there.. I think every play Chris Williams went into was almost a no gain run. It wasn't that he was blown on all the plays but it was a run attack by the Rams each time.. at least Tice should of done 1 PA out of that lineup to settle the opponent. It may be useful if he does that in a future game.