Oline Getting Beat Up

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy said there were no changes with the injury list Sunday. That list was comprised of the following players: Newsome (collarbone), OT Teven Jenkins (back), S Tashaun Gipson (groin), OL James Daniels (quadriceps), DB Michael Joseph (hamstring), LB Josh Woods (quadriceps), OLB Robert Quinn (back), LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe (hamstring), OT Larry Borom (concussion), CB Desmond Trufant (hamstring), TE J.P. Holtz (quadriceps), WR Thomas Ives (leg), OL Lachavious Simmons (concussion), LB Roquan Smith (groin).

Oline are the only ones getting concussed from what I am seeing at training camp.

Seems like with all those injuries the DL and OL are really goin at it.

Getting hit upside their heads from the edge seems to be frequent enough to warrant 'precautions'

Solutions

1) Do nothing ? Its great that they are so intense before the season starts.

2) Tell them to 'backoff' a little with punches to the head ??

3) Have Oline put on a lightweight/thinnish 2nd helmet to absorb a good percentage of the force of impacts
AND then let them go at it ??

4) Different solution(s) / please suggest

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I just do not think there is much you can do as a team. The NFL has backed off practices and contact drills and the injuries still mount up across the league.

I think in general as players have gotten stronger, strength training is pushing the limits of what joints/tendons/ligaments can do. I mean you can build muscle but you can't build cartilage in your knee.

Even golfers get injured now. I don't think the Bears are doing anything wrong just had some bad luck along on the OL this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy said there were no changes with the injury list Sunday. That list was comprised of the following players: Newsome (collarbone), OT Teven Jenkins (back), S Tashaun Gipson (groin), OL James Daniels (quadriceps), DB Michael Joseph (hamstring), LB Josh Woods (quadriceps), OLB Robert Quinn (back), LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe (hamstring), OT Larry Borom (concussion), CB Desmond Trufant (hamstring), TE J.P. Holtz (quadriceps), WR Thomas Ives (leg), OL Lachavious Simmons (concussion), LB Roquan Smith (groin).

Oline are the only ones getting concussed from what I am seeing at training camp.

Seems like with all those injuries the DL and OL are really goin at it.

Getting hit upside their heads from the edge seems to be frequent enough to warrant 'precautions'

Solutions

1) Do nothing ? Its great that they are so intense before the season starts.

2) Tell them to 'backoff' a little with punches to the head ??

3) Have Oline put on a lightweight/thinnish 2nd helmet to absorb a good percentage of the force of impacts
AND then let them go at it ??

4) Different solution(s) / please suggest
I suspect getting concussions is about contact when driving for a run block or hitting the ground or a knee. Nobody's getting hit upside their heads.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect getting concussions is about contact when driving for a run block or hitting the ground or a knee. Nobody's getting hit upside their heads.
Seeing that the rest of the roster isn't suffering from concussions, it seems to me that the DL / OL scrimmaging is causing this. A secondary, thin/lightweight/shock absorbing outer helmet should still help from a knee or a ground impact

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sounds to me like a lot of players are tired of practicing?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Possibly, but I think the protocol is enforced after dilation/non-dilation ? of eyes and/or other symptoms indicate a concussion

Last edited:

jonimus

Liked Posts:
I hope they are considering head replacements for the O-lineman. If they just got a micro head implant to replace their current giant ones, collisions would be much less likely.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope they are considering head replacements for the O-lineman. If they just got a micro head implant to replace their current giant ones, collisions would be much less likely.
they just need to amputate teven's back like they did urlacher's for the spanakopita

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Elijah Wilkerson is back from the COVID list so that helps.
It's just the beginning. They whole injured oline group will begin their redemption tour this week. Jenkins will show the patience and PRP injections into his spinal cord were all worth it in the end

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Like actually concussions or in some sort of better safe then sorry protocol

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better than Hambright so yeah it does.

And better than Simmons. I assume probably better than Bars as well
Based on what? I’m not trying to be a smart ass I’m just wondering. Seems like all 3 have been pretty pathetic.

Based solely on the tweet threads Borom may be the best LT on the roster and every other T has been getting beat left and right.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Based on what? I’m not trying to be a smart ass I’m just wondering. Seems like all 3 have been pretty pathetic.

Based solely on the tweet threads Borom may be the best LT on the roster and every other T has been getting beat left and right.
Wilkinson actually has 26 starts in the league and was higher on the depth chart. None of the other guys have played enough to really tell. As good as Boroms tweets have been were talking what? 3 or 4 practices?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilkinson actually has 26 starts in the league and was higher on the depth chart. None of the other guys have played enough to really tell. As good as Boroms tweets have been were talking what? 3 or 4 practices?
I believe Wilkerson has never started at LT though. From what I can decipher from the shitty coverage he’s been kind of awful as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I believe Wilkerson has never started at LT though. From what I can decipher from the shitty coverage he’s been kind of awful as well.
Well if you can’t see how getting a tackle back that’s played four years in the league and has starting experience is a positive then ?‍♂️

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad to see the management has the Oline wearing 'space' balls helmets for protection.

( Now they just need back stabilizers )