OMG what did the Lions just do?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now your really grasping at straws, they had like what? 80 more rushing yards?
Care to compare passing yards?
Total offense?
BTW, you just traded away your best rusher for a 6th round pick!

LMAO
Moving goalposts. Your comment was about rushing yards not passing yards or total offense. The fact remains Bears were a top rushing team last year.

Yes we traded our best rusher and signed a guy that had more rushing yards than Monty and Gibbs. A guy that according to you is better than Monty.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moving goalposts. Your comment was about rushing yards not passing yards or total offense. The fact remains Bears were a top rushing team last year.

Yes we traded our best rusher and signed a guy that had more rushing yards than Monty and Gibbs. A guy that according to you is better than Monty.
And more hogwash. you had more rushing yards because you had more rushing attempts. Why? Because your QB couldn't throw the dam ball. Your RB's were pedestrian at best, and if you take away JF's "scramble" yards, your rushing totals become pedestrian as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And more hogwash. you had more rushing yards because you had more rushing attempts. Why? Because your QB couldn't throw the dam ball. Your RB's were pedestrian at best, and if you take away JF's "scramble" yards, your rushing totals become pedestrian as well.

Bears averaged 4.5 YPC and Lions 4.6. And no JF's rushing yards happened. You have to be a real biased meatball to try and cherry pick which rushing yards count.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears averaged 4.5 YPC and Lions 4.6. And no JF's rushing yards happened. You have to be a real biased meatball to try and cherry pick which rushing yards count.
Meatball?

How about only counting rushing yards when the play called was actually a run?

What a dumbass.

cwcwcwcw1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Reading the last few pages regarding RB's was like listening in while two midgets argued about who is the taller.

Both teams had arguably two of the best running backs of all time.
Detroit, in Barry's time, made the playoffs 5 times and went 1-5.
Chicago, in Walter's time, made the playoffs 6 times and went 4-5 and WON THE SUPERBOWL. Primarily due to the defense.

Detroit's signing of Montgomery was not ideal and defiantly an over spend. However the percentage of cap was low enough that it probably didn't really hurt them and they can get out of it next off season with a modest dead cap hit of 2.25M if they choose. He could then be replaced with a cheap 3-5 round draft pick.

Chicago's signing of Swift also was not ideal and defiantly an over spend. However the percentage of cap was low enough that it probably didn't really hurt them and they can get out of it after the 2025 season with a modest dead cap hit of 1.33M if they choose. He could then be replaced with a cheap 3-5 round draft pick.

Drafting Gibbs at #12 was malpractice. following that up with a two down inside LB at #18 who can't play the pass in a passing league is boarder line terminal.

If Detroit doesn't fix their drafting strategy quick, like this year, the will return to the basement very soon.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't know why you guys keep feeding the trolls.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meatball?

How about only counting rushing yards when the play called was actually a run?

What a dumbass.

That is not how the NFL you biased meatball. We all know if Lions had a mobile QB you would include those yards.
Just like when Swift is on the Lions he is better than Monty but when Monty is on the Lions he is better than Swift.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is not how the NFL you biased meatball. We all know if Lions had a mobile QB you would include those yards.
Just like when Swift is on the Lions he is better than Monty but when Monty is on the Lions he is better than Swift.
Like when you said Mooney was better than Amon St. Brown?

And no, I would not include a QB's scramble yards into a discussion about RB's, Mr. Grasping at straws.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like when you said Mooney was better than Amon St. Brown?

Never said that.

Lol 1 less TD. YPR and Yards still higher. Sorry.

Are you dense? I already told you pages ago your better case was to compare their rookie years. St Brown had better rookie year statistically. Mooney had a better 2021 overall.

I said Mooney had a better 2021 which he did but Amon-Ra had a better rookie year.

WR 2 - Mooney has a higher grade than any WR on the Lions.

Be curious to see who has a better year, him or Perriman. This one is closer than you think.

Now how is your boy Perriman doing? Remember when you suggested he could have a better year than Mooney? Mooney just got 13m. Perriman hasnt played since 2022. LMFAO!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said that.

I said Mooney had a better 2021 which he did but Amon-Ra had a better rookie year.

Now how is your boy Perriman doing? Remember when you suggested he could have a better year than Mooney? Mooney just got 13m. Perriman hasnt played since 2022. LMFAO!
LMAO, all you are capable of doing is spweing history and placing the Remy spin on things. When it comes to projecting forward, you are ass, I mean, I have not seen anybody worse than you at it. (Claypool anyone). Yes, you did try to say Mooney was better than Amon. Yes you did try to say JF would start on the Lions. yes, you even tried to say the Bears O-line was as good as the Lions. If i cut off three fingers, I could still count the times you have been right on that hand.

Now, the "current" conversation was never who is better Monty or Swift, it is who would you rather have, Monty at 5.5 mil a year or Swift at 8+ mil a year. Now that the goalposts have been put back in place, answer the question.

Yes, there was a time I thought Swift was a better back, add a few years and multiple missed games, the fact the Lions Rb coach stated he was never "all in" and my opinion changed. As it stands now, I would much rather have Monty @ 5.5 mil. Why? We alread have Gibbs, who is everything and more than Swift.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LMAO, all you are capable of doing is spweing history and placing the Remy spin on things. When it comes to projecting forward, you are ass, I mean, I have not seen anybody worse than you at it. (Claypool anyone). Yes, you did try to say Mooney was better than Amon. Yes you did try to say JF would start on the Lions. yes, you even tried to say the Bears O-line was as good as the Lions. If i cut off three fingers, I could still count the times you have been right on that hand.

Now, the "current" conversation was never who is better Monty or Swift, it is who would you rather have, Monty at 5.5 mil a year or Swift at 8+ mil a year. Now that the goalposts have been put back in place, answer the question.

You are the one that keeps lying about history. I said Mooney had a better 2021. I have proven that is what I said. Now produce the evidence that says otherwise.

The issue here is your arguments change depending on the uniform. You were deepthroating Swift when he was a Lion and making fun of how slow Monty was. Now you are sucking off Monty and lying about how injury prone Swift is when on average he has missed 1 more game than Monty has.

Finally I already gave you my answer. I would not sign either of them at those prices. However doing so is far more forgiveable than drafting a backup RB in the first round.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Yes, there was a time I thought Swift was a better back, add a few years and multiple missed games, the fact the Lions Rb coach stated he was never "all in" and my opinion changed. As it stands now, I would much rather have Monty @ 5.5 mil. Why? We alread have Gibbs, who is everything and more than Swift.
You know what’s cool fake Lions fan? The Bears that you believe are awful dominated your pretend team the Lions for 116 minutes of 120 played last season. They did that with “an awful QB.”

Whenever they pressured Goff, he folded like a deck chair.

Imagine what the Bears will do to the Lions with Williams.

The Bears lead the all time series 105-78. There have been five ties.

The Lions would have to win every game against the Bears for 14 seasons straight to get the upper hand.

Now please fuck off out of here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what’s cool fake Lions fan? The Bears that you believe are awful dominated your pretend team the Lions for 116 minutes of 120 played last season. They did that with “an awful QB.”

Whenever they pressured Goff, he folded like a deck chair.

Imagine what the Bears will do to the Lions with Williams.

The Bears lead the all time series 105-78. There have been five ties.

The Lions would have to win every game against the Bears for 14 seasons straight to get the upper hand.

Now please fuck off out of here.
LMAO, clueless dolt. the Lions have won 3 of the last 4 meetings, and the one win the Bears did have is when the Lions were missing 3 starting O-lineman, so congrats on that. You don't see me cheering because the Lions were winning the NFC championship game for 3 quarters now do you? GTFO with your stupid narative.

Just goes to show how desperate you are when you have to resort to "almost wins".

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
LMAO, clueless dolt. the Lions have won 3 of the last 4 meetings, and the one win the Bears did have is when the Lions were missing 3 starting O-lineman, so congrats on that. You don't see me cheering because the Lions were winning the NFC championship game for 3 quarters now do you? GTFO with your stupid narative.

Just goes to show how desperate you are when you have to resort to "almost wins".
Get back to me after you reel off 28 straight wins. Then you’ll have bragging rights.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You are the one that keeps lying about history. I said Mooney had a better 2021. I have proven that is what I said. Now produce the evidence that says otherwise.

The issue here is your arguments change depending on the uniform. You were deepthroating Swift when he was a Lion and making fun of how slow Monty was. Now you are sucking off Monty and lying about how injury prone Swift is when on average he has missed 1 more game than Monty has.

Finally I already gave you my answer. I would not sign either of them at those prices. However doing so is far more forgiveable than drafting a backup RB in the first round.
Monty missed more games in 2023. So if we're using the most recent metrics, Monty is more injury prone than Swift.