OMG what did the Lions just do?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0 why are you arguing something that the Lions won't even be a part of this year?

In all honesty, not sure why the Bears get 3 appearances other than being a big TV market. I just think this will be a long year @Toast88

anyone else believe this too?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
In all honesty, not sure why the Bears get 3 appearances other than being a big TV market. I just think this will be a long year @Toast88

My guess with the large market and promising young QB is the reasoning. Although, I don't think they'll be good. Not as bad as Foxy's 3-13 "at least they are good character guys" year. But they are transitioning from a dumpster fire to a recycling bin.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess your missing the part where the Bears finish with the worst record in the NFL?
Sounds amazing. We could really speed this re-tooling up after the bears trade out of the 1 spot for multiple firsts

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sounds amazing. We could really speed this re-tooling up after the bears trade out of the 1 spot for multiple firsts

He says this like it's a bad thing. It's easier, in almost all sports, to go from bad to great than average to great. Unless your the Lions of course.

He also forgets the $140 million in cap space next year while the Lions have virtually none.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lol I hate when we have prime time games

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He says this like it's a bad thing. It's easier, in almost all sports, to go from bad to great than average to great. Unless your the Lions of course.

He also forgets the $140 million in cap space next year while the Lions have virtually none.
Who are they spending money on? Lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who are they spending money on? Lol

The rapist coach spent big on Patriots retreads. And surprise! It didn't work.

If Fields can show to be the man this year and get a top 3 pick in a QB heavy 1st round? Holy jackpot Batman!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL considers prime time as Thursday NIGHT, Sunday NIGHT and Monday NIGHT games. Please provide proof to me where the NFL considers Thanksgiving as a prime time game. I’ll be waiting
The games you are referring to are games the NFL decides both opponents, because the Lions and Cowboys host these games every year, they are considered to be "awarded".

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The games you are referring to are games the NFL decides both opponents, because the Lions and Cowboys host these games every year, they are considered to be "awarded".
You are correct, the NFL decides on which teams plays in prime time games and for the second year in a row, the Lions will not participate in one. The NFL has chosen wisely.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears also have nearly no one under contract next year worth a dam, and having alot of cap space has worked out so well for teams in the past.
Lions can easily clear up 40 mil in cap next year, and will.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are correct, the NFL decides on which teams plays in prime time games and for the second year in a row, the Lions will not participate in one. The NFL has chosen wisely.
And the Lions - Bills Thanksgiving game will have more viewership than two of the Bears "Prime Time games" combined.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
And the Lions - Bills Thanksgiving game will have more viewership than two of the Bears "Prime Time games" combined.
Ok….but this is a discussion on prime time games, not number of views. Ughhhh your an idiot.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s because the bears market inflated those numbers you imbecile.

No one gives a fuck about shithole Detroit.
LOL

Looks more like no one gives a fuck about the Bears, only less than 13 mil viewership in one of your precious prime time slots.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok….but this is a discussion on prime time games, not number of views. Ughhhh your an idiot.
*you're

what makes a prime time game so valuable?

Hmmm.

Maybe it is playing for a National audience, and not just the local market?

The one reason the Thanksgiving games do not enter into the discussion in the "proof" you are trying to provide is because these games were already a given. I am quite sure the Bills consider this to be a premium, Nationally televised game.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
LOL

Looks more like no one gives a fuck about the Bears, only less than 13 mil viewership in one of your precious prime time slots.
Technically that’s 13 million viewers who wanted to watch a football game that involved the Bears. So people do care. The funny thing is the Lions received 0 views the past two years in prime time games.

And yes we know the Lions receive more views on Thanksgiving. And yes we all know those views are because the game is played on a holiday and it has nothing to do with the Lions.