On Andy Dalton’s *4* INTERCEPTIONS……

mecha

Liked Posts:
We’ve been watching guys like Andy Dalton play QB for The Bears for so many years.

He’s just another in a very, very long line of lower level league talents who won’t lose the game on a good day, and depending on how good the defence is that might give you a chance to win or it might not.

At least Cutler was entertaining at times!

Finally now we might have a young QB talented enough to take the team on his shoulders, and if he is that guy we definitely deserve it, because has been a long, painful journey watching games like yesterday.
the problem I see is the current team's staff are incapable of elevating the rookie's play. taken into account as a pure, raw, natural talent, Fields certainly seems a lot more promising than what they've had before. this problem has existed for longer than probably anyone cares to be aware though. Cutler could've been something if they paid attention to his flawed mechanics more, otherwise he functioned as a veteran level raw and natural talent that just happened to have arguably the strongest arm in the league and the belief they could make every throw because of it. no, they just whistled and looked the other way cause they knew the media would butcher Cutler, cause that's how it works here.

like Trubisky before him, Fields was supposed to sit behind some big money free agency acquisition temp quarterback and got rushed to action. Trubisky maybe could've been something too if Nagy didn't act like an unprofessional cock and write him off out the gate.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not at all about Fields sucking. It's about the disparity of posters' blame game depending on who the QB is.

INTs 1 and 4 would have been blamed on the o-line not blocking good enough for Fields. Especially #4 where a rushing defender got a hand on the ball.
Of course some would but when one poster says something you immediately go to the entire board feeling that way and being against you, then assign greater meaning to those that actually have some disagreement with you. It borders on delusion. I wish it were just a schtick but it's simply where you've taken this, to try and retain some credibility. It's gotten to where you're basically holding a target in front of your face while claiming persecution. You're incapable of having any form or a reasonable discussion with members due to your antics and the board is clearly worse for it.

What a fucking waste.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Of course some would but when one poster says something you immediately go to the entire board feeling that way and being against you, then assign greater meaning to those that actually have some disagreement with you. It borders on delusion. It's gotten to where you're basically holding a target in front of your face while claiming persecution. You're incapable of having any form or a reasonable discussion with members due to your antics and the board is clearly worse for it.

What a fucking waste.
Oh, I agree the board is worse. It took a bad turn when posters refused to allow others to have an opinion w/o getting really nasty.

You played a part in this during the preseason. Own up to it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, I agree the board is worse. It took a bad turn when posters refused to allow others to have an opinion w/o getting really nasty.

You played a part in this during the preseason. Own up to it.
Still false injustice collecting, LOL. Good thing that other lineman mistimed his jump or bomber Dalton would have had 3 picks behind the line and your I'm not saying I'm just saying bullshit like the 1st 1/2 of AZ game speaks for itself. Gives an out regardless of what happens. Just a bunch of weak bullshit as usual and it's not like everyone can't see it.

Funny how you're always the one that has issues with everyone and I get along with anyone, even after a disagreement. You just became insufferable and ran out of chances with me.

For the record, In the pre, I preferred not starting Fields day one (though I didn't think it a huge deal either way) but he still should have had more reps with ones. Why does an 11 year vet need all the reps?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Still false injustice collecting, LOL. Good thing that other lineman mistimed his jump or bomber Dalton would have had 3 picks behind the line and your I'm not saying I'm just saying bullshit like the 1st 1/2 of AZ game speak for themselves. Gives an out regardless of what happens. Just a bunch of weak bullshit as usual.

Funny how you're always the one that has issues with everyone and I get along with anyone, even after a disagreement. You just became insufferable and ran out of chances with me.

For the record, In the pre, I preferred not starting Fields day one (though I didn't think it a huge deal either way) but he still should have had more reps with ones. Why does an 11 year vet need all the reps?
Just on your last point, right after the draft last year Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller said no matter who is starting Fields should be getting 60% of the reps at least in camp. Said Dalton and Foles have been around long enough they really don't need that many reps anyway

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Still false injustice collecting, LOL. Good thing that other lineman mistimed his jump or bomber Dalton would have had 3 picks behind the line and your I'm not saying I'm just saying bullshit like the 1st 1/2 of AZ game speaks for itself. Gives an out regardless of what happens. Just a bunch of weak bullshit as usual and it's not like everyone can't see it.

Nice word salad Nagy. Didn't read.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Dalton was horrible today but we have a large enough sample size to realize that Nagy makes QBs worse when they get here. The evidence is overwhelming.

We will see what have in Fields next season with a different coach.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Also Dalton is primarily a dink and dunk QB at this stage in his career. He was like that with Dallas and now he showing it again with us so it’s not the system or coaching with him. This is who he is.

Regarding the interceptions, he had to recognize that the conditons were slick so he had to put the ball on the numbers. He did not do that — and it led to at least 3 of the 4 INTs.

At the end of this season, unless he signs with us for a significant price cut and agrees to be a backup, it’s time to bid him adieu.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Just on your last point, right after the draft last year Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller said no matter who is starting Fields should be getting 60% of the reps at least in camp. Said Dalton and Foles have been around long enough they really don't need that many reps anyway
Dalton needed all those reps to be able to run Nagy’s complicated offense that takes years to learn, of course….

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
Dalton was horrible today but we have a large enough sample size to realize that Nagy makes QBs worse when they get here. The evidence is overwhelming.

Nice to see a level-headed post.

I see a lot of posts saying Fields is elite level and only being stifled by Nagy. I can't help but see echos of the Cutler and Grossman excuse train.

In all honesty if this were the packers, bears fans would be screaming bust already.

Fields has been terrible far more often than not.
He undoubtedly deserves a clean slate in 22 with a new coach.
He may become a decent player.

As of this moment, he is just another unknown in a league where his physical talents are a dime a dozen.
The mental game is what separates the good from the bad, and he has been dismal.

He is just another average guy that has been underperformed for a clownshow of a franchise.
We will see what rookie year number 2 shows- if he can make the jump to nfl processing speed.

I am willing to overlook a season that screams bust and see what 22 brings.
To those calling him an elite player handcuffed by a clown... slow your roll.
He is an unknown, unable to overcome the clown show.
Nothing points to elite yet. Nothing.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Poor ball placement…..

On first glance, some of the INT’s looked like they were on the receivers. But upon closer inspection Dalton threw many of those balls poorly — ESPECIALLY when considering the slick conditons.

Moreover, our receivers (all season - just ask Fields) do not give QBs much margin for error. If the ball is not thrown perfectly, it will be exposed.

2 were DEFINITELY on Dalton…. another one (a 3rd one) was more 70/30 ish on Dalton because of how poorly placed the ball was. The 4th one (although not perfectly thrown) I would put more on the receiver.

Dalton is ok. Seems like a good bloke. But he should really get the idea of being a Starter, with any team, out of his head. He is a back-up at this stage in his career. No shame in that. The travesty is on our GM who keeps picking up these re-tread QB’s (Glennon/Foles/Dalton) when their best days are clearly far behind them and it always seems like we are the last ones to know.

What an honest and objective assessment of Dalton's performance. Not sure why @Black Rainbow immediately felt the need to turn this into a Fields thread.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"To those calling him an elite player handcuffed by a clown... slow your roll.
He is an unknown, unable to overcome the clown show."

He is a rookie that was thrown in to the games 'cold' ( no time to work with 1st unit). Keep this in mind.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I see a lot of posts saying Fields is elite level and only being stifled by Nagy. I can't help but see echos of the Cutler and Grossman excuse train.

In all honesty if this were the packers, bears fans would be screaming bust already.

As of this moment, he is just another unknown in a league where his physical talents are a dime a dozen.
The mental game is what separates the good from the bad, and he has been dismal.

He is just another average guy that has been underperformed for a clownshow of a franchise.
We will see what rookie year number 2 shows- if he can make the jump to nfl processing speed.

You are hereby grouped with reetards like shit stain rainbow and bust, congratulations.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You cast a lotta aspersions on Fields. You question his smarts. You call him a "physical talent". Yet he's tested off the charts on a couple IQ tests. There's no comparison between he, cutler and grossman. You call him average, "underperforming", "unknown", "He may become a decent player." I will say he came here with good credentials. And he's still a rookie.

You're the extreme opposite of what u claim other ppl are doing. You need to find a middle-ground. Don't ya think?

mecha

Liked Posts:

though honestly, Dalton is still better than Chase Daniel.