One important positive from today's game

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The o-line looked fantastic. Like, really really good, in both run blocking and pass protection.

Granted, the bears were essentially going against backups on an already bad defense, but still.. They never (as a unit) looked this good or complete last season, at any point. So that's a definite positive. I think Monty has a good season this year when all is said and done, and he'll be able to thank this line instead of hating it.

It's almost like Kyle Long was an overrated cancer.. I wish someone would have predicted that

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The o-line looked fantastic. Like, really really good, in both run blocking and pass protection.

Granted, the bears were essentially going against backups on an already bad defense, but still.. They never (as a unit) looked this good or complete last season, at any point. So that's a definite positive. I think Monty has a good season this year when all is said and done, and he'll be able to thank this line instead of hating it.

It's almost like Kyle Long was an overrated cancer.. I wish someone would have predicted that

Pass protection was really good at times, not that consistent, but it was enough for Trubisky to make plays. They did a great job run blocking. That was encouraging.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pass protection was really good at times, not that consistent, but it was enough for Trubisky to make plays. They did a great job run blocking. That was encouraging.
At any point last year did you think the run blocking "did great" or that the pass blocking was "really good"? I sure didn't.

The bears were routinely getting manhandled up front. That's what I remember anyways.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At any point last year did you think the run blocking "did great" or that the pass blocking was "really good"? I sure didn't.

The bears were routinely getting manhandled up front. That's what I remember anyways.

its one game but a good start

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OL was one of the bright spots of the game that really jumped out at me. They looked so much better then at any other moment of 2019.

The other bright spots were 33 and the final score. Johnson IMO had a fantastic debut. Was he perfect? Far from it but he looks aggressive and confident. I believe it was him that tipped up Fuller’s INT. Do 33 proud Jaylon!!

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would still like to move on from massie and leno next year if they can replace them. Leno especially still looked like trash i thought. Falling down, looking lost at times

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

the bears were essentially going against backups on an already bad defense

Little early yet, but to be honest, I would be happy to lose if Bears turn their offense on.

You know what's kinda funny? If this game is any indication I could totally see the OL wake up and play well while the DL regresses leaving the secondary to get run down and damaging future Bears' wins.

Seems like the way it always goes for us .... I would lose the bet but both of us would be unhappy.

No, I haven't consulted any medical professional for anti-depressants, why?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little early yet

For sure I am not ready to go into full #nailedit mode yet, but the run blocking alone was so night & day different against a pretty good DL that I really think Castillo is the difference maker.

That said, the rushing touches were broken up so well...they could break 2000 yards rushing as a team, but not one player gets that 1k for me.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For sure I am not ready to go into full #nailedit mode yet, but the run blocking alone was so night & day different against a pretty good DL that I really think Castillo is the difference maker.

That said, the rushing touches were broken up so well...they could break 2000 yards rushing as a team, but not one player gets that 1k for me.

Nah no way. If they get 2k, one player gets 1k for sure. I also don't think DET DL is "pretty good" especially vs. the run. But even so, Nagy is still your biggest wild card. He will feel it... maybe even as early as next week and then we can see a game with 40 passes and 9 rushing plays. Regardless of score.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will feel it... maybe even as early as next week and then we can see a game with 40 passes and 9 rushing plays

As much as I am banking on you being wrong...history is on your side.

I think he keeps it going for a couple more games to pump by head up and then puts the ball up in the air sixty times against the Colts to try to out Andy Reid his buddy Frank Reich.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vu and I are assessing each other's chances of winning a standing bet we have. Not sure who you think is arguing semantics.

So you WANTED Long to suck so you could be RIGHT???? Fake fan!!

(just fucking with ya) welcome back!