One Minor Disappointment..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
was that the game didn't end with the Bears running game having more yards than the entire Patriots offense. Considering how many times Belichick has run up the score on the Bears, it would have been a nice final stamping.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I think you mean to say they should have punched in for that final touchdown as a fuck you to belichick. Belichick could care less about our rushing yards topping their total yards but a meaningless TD once the game was over and decided just to run up the score would mean something.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you mean to say they should have punched in for that final touchdown as a fuck you to belichick. Belichick could care less about our rushing yards topping their total yards but a meaningless TD once the game was over and decided just to run up the score would mean something.
Yeah I wanted that for a moment but then realized how delicious it was to handle it the classy way, especially when, as you say, Belichick hasn't demonstrated the same level of class, especially towards the Bears, in the past. But having more yards on the ground than their entire offense? Yeah, that would have been a nice box-score to study.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Yeah I wanted that for a moment but then realized how delicious it was to handle it the classy way, especially when, as you say, Belichick hasn't demonstrated the same level of class, especially towards the Bears, in the past. But having more yards on the ground than their entire offense? Yeah, that would have been a nice box-score to study.

If anyone deserves it it's him but our coaches have no reason to do that.
True, it felt good when the announcers pointed it out. I didn't know they caught up until you posted this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Belichik once rang up 59 on the hapless 2007 Titans. Fuck that guy, Eberflus should have punched it in.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brady era Pats always crushed the Bears. I couldn’t remember the last time we beat them, part of me was hoping for a 40 burger but the mercy rule is somehow better.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
If anyone deserves it it's him but our coaches have no reason to do that.
True, it felt good when the announcers pointed it out. I didn't know they caught up until you posted this.
Agree, no time to start Acting like Lion fans after one win.
we now have A Standard regardless of talent lever.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brady era Pats always crushed the Bears. I couldn’t remember the last time we beat them

Way back in the year 2000, when Belichick was the new HC in New England and Tom Brady was a pudgy 6th round rookie on the bench.

This was also the first time the Bears have ever beaten the Patriots on their home field.

jive

Liked Posts:
Watching the Pats take a knee in the final 30 seconds was just as satisfying as another TD.
It was them recognizing that they've been dominated and have no chance to win, and the best thing for them is to pack up and go home. It was a signal to the fans to pack up and go home if they hadn't already.

The Bears dominated in all 3 phases of the game, especially in the 2nd half. There was nothing left to prove. It was obvious that the Bears were the better team that day, no excuses.