One re-org idea i havent heard discussed

greg23

Liked Posts:
The family seems to love pace
Pace seems to have had time with 6 years +2 coaches and 3 qb's
BHVWGHC has to go

Why not move Pace into a President of Football Operations role and let him help with bringing on board a new gm (preferably one with an offensive background since most of our gm have been defensive minded)

That new gm can then decide the fate of who the next hc is and lean on pace for advice/suggestions on player personnel etc (since pace has a keen eye for mid round and bargain fa defensive players)

This would involve moving or getting rid of Phillips; which would be the best thing for the org long term.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The family seems to love pace
Pace seems to have had time with 6 years +2 coaches and 3 qb's
BHVWGHC has to go

Why not move Pace into a President of Football Operations role and let him help with bringing on board a new gm (preferably one with an offensive background since most of our gm have been defensive minded)

That new gm can then decide the fate of who the next hc is and lean on pace for advice/suggestions on player personnel etc (since pace has a keen eye for mid round and bargain fa defensive players)

This would involve moving or getting rid of Phillips; which would be the best thing for the org long term.
You lost me at ABCDEFGHC

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Are you proposing that Pace takes over the financial affairs of the McCaskey’s?
Their current CFO or Cliff Stein would be much better alternatives.
What qualifications does Pace have to manage corporate finance? Mismanaging player salary cap is not the same ball game as corporate finance.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Are you proposing that Pace takes over the financial affairs of the McCaskey’s?
Their current CFO or Cliff Stein would be much better alternatives.
What qualifications does Pace have to manage corporate finance? Mismanaging player salary cap is not the same ball game as corporate finance.

No...he takes over as team president (basically sweaty Ted's position) and hires a gm who hired a coach.....basically a real football operation. He focuses on long term strategic goals (which is what the family loves him for) while also being able to add input on player personnel/draft/etc.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So essentially, fuckup, moveup..... I think Pace gets another shot at QB as GM....

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Nobody has discussed that because Pace would be failing upward. If the end game is a new GM, just hire a new GM. If the ownership loves Pace and think he's good at his job, they are wrong....but then keep him. Don't promote him for 1 winning season in 6 years.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Fire Nagy for sure - no matter the final record because it's clear he wasn't ready for an HC gig.

Fire ? Pace if we finish 8 - 8 again. Only 9 wins should save his job for one more year. Being decent with mid-round picks is a stupid reason to keep a GM that has effed up the HC job and QB position multiple times.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Pace is no way qua
No...he takes over as team president (basically sweaty Ted's position) and hires a gm who hired a coach.....basically a real football operation. He focuses on long term strategic goals (which is what the family loves him for) while also being able to add input on player personnel/draft/etc.
Pace has no qualifications to handle TP’s responsibilities that include overseeing: Corp Finance, Tax, Legal, Marketing, Customer Service, Real Estate, etc etc.
What you are proposing would require a McCaskey reorganization rather than replace TP. And I agree with the group that says you don’t reward poor results.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
This thread delivered as promised

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Sounds like something I posted on Twitter recently as a Bears-ish type move.

32FA2AE1-EF11-434C-9910-6CEA30D2D3D3.png

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Very stupid suggestion. Awful. No.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Phillips over the past few years has very little say so of football operations. He is there to make the McCaskey's money, something he is good at.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This is not a real thread.

He just loves to get his acronym in and then he jerks off in a corner everytime it gets a reply.

He gets the ball gag out if his acronym gets re-quoted.