One thing to remember

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
While we see mock draft after free agent signing threads pile up. Remember this, who is going to take the role of mentor or quarterback of the DEFENSE with the changes that lie ahead this off season.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Leadership is the biggest thing we were missing this year imo, next to talent

Briggs is obviously not the solution there

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing to remember:

2nd down FG's in overtime might backfire

Timeouts should be taken in succession

Successful players should be vaccinated of success

The Bears are 0-0 (and will remain that way until they play 4 or more games)

Oh, and yeah, you need a defensive leader or some nonsense I guess.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Lots of things might back fire. I was really into Trestmans 'go for it on 4th' style early in the season. I like that aggressive style in a coach. He cooled off on it a bit by the second half of the season when it backfired on him but I thought he should have stuck to his guns.

It's hard to know what kind of coach Trestman even is, conservative or aggressive and ballsy. We saw both from him this year

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of things might back fire. I was really into Trestmans 'go for it on 4th' style early in the season. I like that aggressive style in a coach. He cooled off on it a bit by the second half of the season when it backfired on him but I thought he should have stuck to his guns.

It's hard to know what kind of coach Trestman even is, conservative or aggressive and ballsy. We saw both from him this year

He's a liar or an idiot. He could be both. Not sure yet.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Peppers was/is a leader. Briggs was/is a leader. Tillman was/is a leader. The defense was bad with Briggs, it was bad with Tillman, it was bad with Peppers the entire season. The Bears need talent on defense. If the defensive coordinator can lead, who cares who leads on the field. See Saints for example. Who's their defensive leader? Yet they finished top 5 in defense.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Briggs is a leader but he's not a vocal leader cut out to make the playcalls.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Peppers was/is a leader. Briggs was/is a leader. Tillman was/is a leader. The defense was bad with Briggs, it was bad with Tillman, it was bad with Peppers the entire season. The Bears need talent on defense. If the defensive coordinator can lead, who cares who leads on the field. See Saints for example. Who's their defensive leader? Yet they finished top 5 in defense.

Briggs is most certainly not a leader.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How is he not? He worked tirelessly with Bostic and Greene when he was hurt last year.

He's also done nothing but bitch and whine in his time here, while also walking out on the team refusing to do interviews after the final two games of the season. These are not the actions of a leader.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Ok whether Briggs is a leader or not. The defense didn't suck because of lack of leadership, bottom line.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't care about him not speaking to the media, what matters is on field production. Conte didn't hear the play call and it cost us the season. I just choose to believe that Urlacher would have had guys in position to make plays more often this year and possibly on the last defensive play of the season. As the pretender leader of the defense Briggs is responsible

marines1

Liked Posts:
It was Jays first year in Trestman's offense with a year under his belt he will be way better.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

It seemed as though once McCown took over Trestman backed off a bit like you said but I think he was more willing to take chances with Cutler for whatever reason.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't care about him not speaking to the media, what matters is on field production. Conte didn't hear the play call and it cost us the season. I just choose to believe that Urlacher would have had guys in position to make plays more often this year and possibly on the last defensive play of the season. As the pretender leader of the defense Briggs is responsible

Urlacher had the same situation happen to him in the super bowl.

All your distinctions on Briggs doesn't mean he's not a leader it's just tiny nitpicks on done visual perception of a leader that's not grounded in how he functions with the team.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well my point is being made by all the responses. There is no clear cut leader on the Defensive side of the ball ie Urlacher, Ray Lewis, type with that said being said a free agent or draft somebody, cause if Peppers Tillman Briggs get cut or whatever we have nothing that excites me about this Defense

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Urlacher truly was 1 of a kind....

All know is that we need a leader who understands the offensive looks that can line people up on the fly like Brian did...

His football IQ was a huge part of what made him a super talent in the NFL... a lot of guys can run fast and make big plays... Brian knew how to put everyone in the best position possible to make big plays and it never seemed to revolve around himself... every one seemed to make big plays with Brian leading the defense... his leadership was critical to the success of this defense...