One transition plan - Promote Pace to VP Operations reporting to ownership.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Yea, he did, but you could do a lot worse than Pace as your president.

We're talking about a guy who handles 90% business ops mostly.

Nagy was a shit hire, but he was the right hire at the time. Everyone here loved it. Seemed like a home run. Nagy has been the #1 reason for his downfall. There may be a good coach there eventually but the guy is just too proud to admit when he's wrong.
This. Nagy's situation his 4 years here have been rather bad personnel on the offensive side. Granted Nagy should have adjusted his play calling, but often times coaches need to be humbled with a firing or removal from play calling to realize their wrongs. Many coaches have had this happen and became much better. I don't think he has the chops to be head coach and call plays, he has to choose one or the other.

If we were to go back in time and he allows Lazor to cal plays since game 1 of 2020, we may not be talking of firing Nagy today.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This. Nagy's situation his 4 years here have been rather bad personnel on the offensive side. Granted Nagy should have adjusted his play calling, but often times coaches need to be humbled with a firing or removal from play calling to realize their wrongs. Many coaches have had this happen and became much better. I don't think he has the chops to be head coach and call plays, he has to choose one or the other.

If we were to go back in time and he allows Lazor to cal plays since game 1 of 2020, we may not be talking of firing Nagy today.
Not sure that is true. Lazor has proven he can not escape Nagy's event horizon. The Bears are 2-3 with wins over Det. and a Gruden shitstorm Raiders team. His best job as playcaller was with Nagy in his barco lounger. And as for Nagy choosing HC or playcaller, he was awful as playcaller with the Chiefs and equally awful at the duties as a non playcalling HC.
Oh and Nagy humbled? where do I start?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yea, he did, but you could do a lot worse than Pace as your president.

We're talking about a guy who handles 90% business ops mostly.

Nagy was a shit hire, but he was the right hire at the time. Everyone here loved it. Seemed like a home run. Nagy has been the #1 reason for his downfall. There may be a good coach there eventually but the guy is just too proud to admit when he's wrong.

Honestly, it goes beyond pride.

I think I said this before, but let's look at your average NFL OC compared to Nagy in the context of a math class:

Most NFL OCs are a math student that at least somewhat understands the math. Some might get it better than others, but in general, all but the worst can pull in at least a C in the class.

Then you have Nagy - Nagy is the kid who got a hold of all the answers to all the quizzes and tests the prior year, and instead of actually learning the math, chose to just memorize the answers from last year. It works fine for a little bit, but the SECOND the teacher adjusts and changes up the problems, its over. He's dead in the water. No coming back.

Nagy knows all the PLAYS in the KC offense, but he DOESN'T know how to use them properly, or how to dissect them to adjust to what the league is doing. The league has him totally figured out now, which is why he is flunking class.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure that is true. Lazor has proven he can not escape Nagy's event horizon. The Bears are 2-3 with wins over Det. and a Gruden shitstorm Raiders team. His best job as playcaller was with Nagy in his barco lounger. And as for Nagy choosing HC or playcaller, he was awful as playcaller with the Chiefs and equally awful at the duties as a non playcalling HC.
Oh and Nagy humbled? where do I start?

Plus, prior to Nagy, Lazor was a bottom tier coach. Keeping either is setting us up to fail.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
More Bears unorthodox disfunction if they promote a bad GM to President. As if there is no one else in the world to hire.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
More Bears unorthodox disfunction if they promote a bad GM to President. As if there is no one else in the world to hire.

Honestly?

Pace has knocked it out of the park for the Bears on all non-football decisions. It'd be a great fit.

The only issue I have with it, also happens to be the main issue: He's then responsible for hiring his replacement.

That's the one thing that scares the shit out of me about the idea (and rightfully so).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

repost of a repost.

This is pretty much the worst kept secret in halas hall right now.

Pace is getting groomed to become the next sweaty teddy. Guys gonna be a lifelong vampire of this organization going forward.
Didn't that rumor originate on CCS or was it from an actual good source? And no not any media person is a good source, actually most aren't.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didn't that rumor originate on CCS or was it from an actual good source? And no not any media person is a good source, actually most aren't.
says the dork who posts erik lambert and fansided daily

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The DB70 truth is i don't care who gets fired at the end of the year and that goes for Pace as well as long as Nagy and pretty much his whole offensive staff is gone. I know i have a lot of fun with AnyClown and some others on here and act like i think Pace has done some great job, i realize while he hasn't been as bad as many of the clowns make him out to of been, i do think he's made a some mistakes that will make it harder for whoever our next GM is, whether it's him or someone else, to get this team in a good place. It's far from impossible but it'll be more challenging.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

It definitely didn't originate on CCS - I saw it out in the wild last offseason, and there have been rumblings about Phillips mulling retirement over the past couple years.

That's one of the reasons why I think the Bears will be selling the team in the next few years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It definitely didn't originate on CCS - I saw it out in the wild last offseason, and there have been rumblings about Phillips mulling retirement over the past couple years.

That's one of the reasons why I think the Bears will be selling the team in the next few years.
Any way you can find the link? Not that i don't believe you but would like to see just how this was said by whatever writer wrote it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Most people who are close to the organization feel like pace is safe.

That doesn't mean nagy can't get shit canned at the bye. That guy has no job security.

Who started the rumor does it have any basis?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The DB70 truth is i don't care who gets fired at the end of the year and that goes for Pace as well as long as Nagy and pretty much his whole offensive staff is gone. I know i have a lot of fun with AnyClown and some others on here and act like i think Pace has done some great job, i realize while he hasn't been as bad as many of the clowns make him out to of been, i do think he's made a some mistakes that will make it harder for whoever our next GM is, whether it's him or someone else, to get this team in a good place. It's far from impossible but it'll be more challenging.

My negative feelings on Pace being bumped to Ted's job come down to just one issue:

Ryan Pace got hoodwinked and hired Matt Nagy.

That's it. Some may even want to lay John Fox at his feet, but what can you do about an experienced HC deciding to use the Bears as a retirement home.

Pace got hoodwinked by Nagy.

And the pool of candidates he chose Nagy from?

Vic Fangio, Josh McDaniels, John DeFilippo, George Edwards and Pat Shurmur.

:walkin:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Honestly?

Pace has knocked it out of the park for the Bears on all non-football decisions. It'd be a great fit.
Name one

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
What I really like about Pace moving up, is that it keeps the scouting infrastructure in place. If Pace would hit on the GM, then we can assume the GM could hit on the next head coach.

And if the off season comes around and we have fired Pace/Nagy, then the ownership would likely be out on the top head coaching candidates because of searching for a GM. If we keep Pace they can do this now and have their list of coaches ready to go after the season ends.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
7 years with no playoff wins = promotion.

?‍♂️

Rise

Liked Posts:
Champ Kelly is the in house candidate for GM.