One transition plan - Promote Pace to VP Operations reporting to ownership.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
This is the easy way out for ownership. Fire Nagy. Pace hires a GM who hires next the HC. Ownership doesn’t have to be heavily involved. They like Pace. If it gets Teddy out of Football decisions (works on new stadium and finances) and replaces Nagy I’m ok with it. Don’t trust ownership to hire another GM.

msadows

Liked Posts:

repost of a repost.

This is pretty much the worst kept secret in halas hall right now.

Pace is getting groomed to become the next sweaty teddy. Guys gonna be a lifelong vampire of this organization going forward.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the easy way out for ownership. Fire Nagy. Pace hires a GM who hires next the HC. Ownership doesn’t have to be heavily involved. They like Pace. If it gets Teddy out of Football decisions (works on new stadium and finances) and replaces Nagy I’m ok with it. Don’t trust ownership to hire another GM.

Where did you get the information that they like Pace?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’ll take it honestly. Anything to get rid of Ted Phillips. Plus even though Pace is incompetent he is a football guy so I see this as an upgrade. I also think we have a very good in house GM ready to go. I like this as well as then that Fields connection stays. Both of these moves can be made fast, putting the focus on the new head coach.

is it perfect obviously not but I can live with this for the next few years until the new stadium and the new owner gets here to really turn this thing around.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Where did you get the information that they like Pace?

Most people who are close to the organization feel like pace is safe.

That doesn't mean nagy can't get shit canned at the bye. That guy has no job security.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’ll take it honestly. Anything to get rid of Ted Phillips. Plus even though Pace is incompetent he is a football guy so I see this as an upgrade. I also think we have a very good in house GM ready to go. I like this as well as then that Fields connection stays. Both of these moves can be made fast, putting the focus on the new head coach.

is it perfect obviously not but I can live with this for the next few years until the new stadium and the new owner gets here to really turn this thing around.

I'd honestly much rather have him as a president/ceo than a GM.

I think he has a much better chance to find a proper GM candidate than Teddy/George do. I also think he has the chops to handle the financial aspects of the bears going forward. Guy has an MBA in marketing and went to the NFL executive program at stanford. He's pretty much been groomed for this.

Kick Nagy to the curb, Kick Pace upstairs. Put Teddy in charge of the financials of the new stadium.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

I think he has a much better chance to find a proper GM candidate than Teddy/George do. I also think he has the chops to handle the financial aspects of the bears going forward. Guy has an MBA in marketing and went to the NFL executive program at stanford. He's pretty much been groomed for this.

Kick Nagy to the curb, Kick Pace upstairs. Put Teddy in charge of the financials of the new stadium.
Didn’t he hire Nagy and got us in this situation now? He needs to be fired too. We the fans need new ownership.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Didn’t he hire Nagy and got us in this situation now? He needs to be fired too. We the fans need new ownership.

Yea, he did, but you could do a lot worse than Pace as your president.

We're talking about a guy who handles 90% business ops mostly.

Nagy was a shit hire, but he was the right hire at the time. Everyone here loved it. Seemed like a home run. Nagy has been the #1 reason for his downfall. There may be a good coach there eventually but the guy is just too proud to admit when he's wrong.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not just....

Fire Teflon Ryan and hire a new GM, like 31 other franchises would do (or would have done)?

TELLY46

Liked Posts:
And you trust Pace to hire a GM LOL!

TELLY46

Liked Posts:

Usually agree with you ,but i don't think he has done anything to show he has any financial chops to handle anything going forward

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Pace's fingerprints are all over this debacle.
He's proven to have zero skills other than rubbing Ginny's feet.
Successful organizations do not maintain, much less promote incompetence.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Would pace still give millions to Ernie arcorsi to make decisions for him?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Interesting discussion. If Ownership was competent then they could be like everyone else. The last 2 times they have gone outside the organization because they don't know how to hire a GM or HC. Trust Pace more than Ownership on a GM hire. Could be wrong.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Who do you think that is? If you were a @remydat alt, I would assume you mean Sean Desai, but if not, I don't think anyone in house has shown anything that screams, or even whispers, GM in waiting.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Who is the in house GM you speak of?

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I could live with Pace's drafting if he managed the cap well and showed the ability to build for the future. Instead, he continually mortgages the future to acquire mediocrity. Why would you want to keep him in house?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes. And yes, the Bears need new ownership. Agree. But since that isn’t happening until Virginia dies, and likely not then, we have to hope for the better situation.