Only way to salvage this is to find a way to trade up to #3

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
they should have but didnt, in order to move up from 20 to 3 lets say...the cost is very likely going to be 3 first rd picks...thats not going to be very appealing for a new GM coming in to work with...i dont see the bears trading up to grab a fields/wilson...
Is that Pace's grand scheme? Is he trying to make the Bears' GM position so unappealing that the Bears would be stuck with either Pace or someone from the Bears Forum?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Patriots upgrades: too many to count

Every other team’s upgrades: too many to count

Bears upgrades: Mante Tao, Andy Dalton

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Is that Pace's grand scheme? Is he trying to make the Bears' GM position so unappealing that the Bears would be stuck with either Pace or someone from the Bears Forum?

getting wilson or watson is his only saving grace...like i said pace should have been fired but mccaskey decided against it and now we're here...

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fallout gonn be huge. Not only from fan base, but fa’s and Arob not gonna want to play here. Sure as hell not gonna spend money on Sunday ticket for that inevitable dumpster fire.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I figured that Pace would go all out to get a top QB to save his job and Nagy's. Never dreamed of him signing Noodle Ginger with Foles on the roster.

Liked Posts:
Nick Foles, Twentieth overall and 2022 first for sixth overall. Eagles owe the Bears for the whole Carson Wentz thing. Bears get Mac Jones, and who even knows maybe he'll be good enough maybe he won't. But at least its a plan.
You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You're going to have to do a lot better than that.
Last time a team traded into the top ten was 2019. Pittsburgh gave Denver twentieth overall, fifty-second overall and a third rounder the next year. Bears are moving up four more spots, but then again a future first is worth more than a second and a third. There's a statue of Foles outside their stadium, I know they are all about Jalen Hurts publicly but if there's one place Nick Foles would feel at home...

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Patriots upgrades: too many to count

Every other team’s upgrades: too many to count

Bears upgrades: Mante Tao, Andy Dalton

You mean teams with cap room?

Did you honestly expect a flurry of FAs?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Lawrence- possible Roethlisberger
fields - Sanchez
Wilson- Fitzpatrick
Trask- Winston

save this revisit in three years. College QBs are very suspect the past decade there is literally only a handful of serviceable ones.
and few come from star studded teams. this AD move is fucking stupid either get a proven STARTING vet or go all in all Lawrence which is a looooong ass shot. The rest are just scraps this year.
I think Mac Jones will be better than a lot of people realize

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some people defended Pace.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
You mean teams with cap room?

Did you honestly expect a flurry of FAs?

I didn’t, but I expected 1 major trade, ideally for a QB, something to wake up a hibernating fan base..even Wentz would have been better than this

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I tend to like Mac Jones a lot too, but its basically impossible to evaluate college quarterbacks and have it be anything more than throwing darts.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn’t, but I expected 1 major trade, ideally for a QB, something to wake up a hibernating fan base..even Wentz would have been better than this

So if Wilson and Watson were unavailable. What options were there? They tried with Wentz, he didn't want to come here. Thats out of their control

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Here's how it's going down...

1st round - Bears trade up to #12....for a WR.

2nd round- Bears sit tight and select Kyle Trask at #52.

The remaining draft picks will be used on defensive players and in the 6th Chicago finally drafts an OT who will never see playing time until 2023 for another organization.

Dalton "wins" the starting gig over Foles who ends up starting by week 6 because Dalton sucks. Foles will subsequently fail miserably and by week 12 Dalton will retain the starting job while the entire fanbase continues to scream for Trask to start the rest of the season. In week 15 it happens...Nagy brings in his "promising" rookie who completes a couple bubble screens and is handed the job the rest of a lost season. Dalton and Foles get richer. Bears fans contemplate mass suicide while Nagy and Pace get one more year with Trask as the day 1 starter.

It's like I've watched this movie a few hundred times.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here's how it's going down...

1st round - Bears trade up to #12....for a WR.

2nd round- Bears sit tight and select Kyle Trask at #52.

The remaining draft picks will be used on defensive players and in the 6th Chicago finally drafts an OT who will never see playing time until 2023 for another organization.

Dalton "wins" the starting gig over Foles who ends up starting by week 6 because Dalton sucks. Foles will subsequently fail miserably and by week 12 Dalton will retain the starting job while the entire fanbase continues to scream for Trask to start the rest of the season. In week 15 it happens...Nagy brings in his "promising" rookie who completes a couple bubble screens and is handed the job the rest of a lost season. Dalton and Foles get richer. Bears fans contemplate mass suicide while Nagy and Pace get one more year with Trask as the day 1 starter.

It's like I've watched this movie a few hundred times.
Just go after Mond. I don't like Trask.

Rise

Liked Posts:
So if Wilson and Watson were unavailable. What options were there? They tried with Wentz, he didn't want to come here. Thats out of their control

options: use 10 million to increase offer to Trent Williams to secure him, and then use the rest to get additional oline help. Start Foles with actual blocking and then in the draft trade up for one of the top 5 qb prospects to sell to the fans.

by securing Trent Williams and letting Trubisky walk you also keep the russel Wilson talk alive in case things develop differently. Or maybe even Watson who knows? Darnold maybe to give to Seahawks next year after the dead cap hit is gone?

sometimes the best move is no move. But I don’t expect this certified idiot of a gm to understand that.