Orlando Brown vs Mike McGlinchey

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The way contracts are going I'd rather build through the draft and then trade before the rookie contract is over. But so many around here aren't willing to spend high firsts on pass protection, only pass rush. If we can't draft them we have to sign and pay them.

We do need to spend something in FA. If that is on oline any that are worth getting are going to be $18m+ (again, Whitehair is $14m). That's just the price known commodities go for. If we're going for scrubs to protect the QB Bears may as well disband the team and let someone who wants to win have the spot.

I don't care if it's Brown or McGlinchey or anyone else. If big names are going to be available in FA and trades for oline that is about the most affordable thing we can do. FA pass rush or WRs are going to really cost. Filling the oline in FA frees up the draft for other more expensive positions on a 4-5 year cheap deal.

See the low lights video with circus music? Talk about blatant propaganda (and I saw it from an actual reporter). I've never seen him be that bad playing against us.

It will be funny if we get the offensive player we should've drafted after trading the defensive one we shouldn't have the same year and it will probably cost about the same.

Yeah. I don't know that I've seen that but I've heard people claiming certain things negative about him.

My hope it's like Julius Peppers.

I don't know if you remember, but when he became a free agent, people in Carolina including the reporters were doing backflips and celebrating that he was off the team, calling him lazy and saying he just didn't have the work ethic anymore.

Turns out it was just that Carolina was a shit show and the change of scenery brought us vintage Peppers back, which propelled us to an NFC championship game...

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah. I don't know that I've seen that but I've heard people claiming certain things negative about him.

My hope it's like Julius Peppers.

I don't know if you remember, but when he became a free agent, people in Carolina including the reporters were doing backflips and celebrating that he was off the team, calling him lazy and saying he just didn't have the work ethic anymore.

Turns out it was just that Carolina was a shit show and the change of scenery brought us vintage Peppers back, which propelled us to an NFC championship game...
Lol this isn't true.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Some of you guys are going to be suicidal when they don't get Orlando Brown and sign a bunch of guys that aren't on your radar because you only casually watch football and have only heard of the big names.
Imagine what will happen to @Montucky when the Bears draft JSN. Did you know he’s only able to generate RAC when he plays teams like Akron? Yep, that’s what I’ve been told.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I think the choice should be between McGlinchey and Taylor really. Run blocking vs pass blocking.

Absolutely spot on. I live in KC and most Chiefs fans will be happy to be rid of Brown. He over played his hand by turning down KC's offer before this past season. Now as the only real LT on the market, he might do well, but just because the Bears can spend, doesn't mean they should. Orland Brown is no John Tait from back in the day. The Andy Reid offense and Patrick Mahomes really cover up alot of issues that Brown has.

Personally, I like Taylor a bit more because of his pass blocking ability. Fields needs to be protected and I think that Taylor really solves that issue from the right side. Run blocking, IMO, is not as big of a deal for the Bears when you have a dual threat QB like Fields because the front 7 of the defense usually is a step slower because they have to read and react to a dual threat as opposed to a traditional drop back passer.

If I was GM for this offseason, I would sign Taylor for RT, and then draft BPA at 8-11 (I feel that is where the Bears end up drafting). Then they have the option of one of the DE's falling OR taking 1 of the 2 top O linemen which then they could kick Jones inside or if they took Soronski, move him inside and now you are set on the online (also assuming that they take 1 of the top 3 centers in the draft, all of which are day 1 starters IMO).

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
I would agree. Not that Braxton can't eventually do the job, but he lacks the power and anchor to do it. Maybe that gets fixed in an offseason or two in an NFL training regiment, as that's been known to happen for Offensive Linemen, but it would be insane to count on that.

His technique was solid despite getting bull rushed to death last season, so I would keep him on as a swing tackle and let him develop his potential from the bench.
Thank you for saying that. Watching the tape on him get pushed back or out of the way is very concerning. This is the QBs blind side and needs to be addressed.