Orlando Brown vs Mike McGlinchey

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Orlando Brown Jr. is the better player at the premium position. Its a minor miracle he's even available.

I'll be happy with either. I would not be entirely opposed to both, but that would be a massive investment.

He's a FA because of the insanely huge deal he turned down. They don't have the resources to overpay for guy better suited at RT with the Mahomes contract.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He's a FA because of the insanely huge deal he turned down. They don't have the resources to overpay for guy better suited at RT with the Mahomes contract.

Insanely? NFL Offensive Line Spending - Cap
That deal would've put him right at 15 by my math, it comes out to $18.6m/yr.
That's not insane when you consider how many around here weren't blinking an eye at making Smith the highest paid LB in the NFL at around $22m.
Then look where Whitehair is with $14m!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we're getting a FA RT :poop:, I'd rather we get Jawaan Taylor or Kaleb McGary.

Orlando Brown is going to cost like 25 mil, and he has questions at LT, but is a great RT. McGlinchey will cost slightly less, but has some injury concerns regarding his injury in 2021. Some people are saying to steer clear of him because he doesn't have the same strength since that injury. Who knows. Would hate to sign him for 18 a year and find out that he's in full decline mode. Lol.

Kinda like I think I'd rather take Dre'Mont Jones over some of the bigger names out there. Let's get some of that ascending talent!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Insanely? NFL Offensive Line Spending - Cap
That deal would've put him right at 15 by my math, it comes out to $18.6m/yr.
That's not insane when you consider how many around here weren't blinking an eye at making Smith the highest paid LB in the NFL at around $22m.
Then look where Whitehair is with $14m!

Let me ask you this, do you want the bears to pay him more than the 6 year, 139 million offer that paid 95 million over the first 5 years? I do realize that he will never see the full amount but that seems like huge money for a guy that isn't elite at his position and probably better suited for RT. For the record, I don't deny he'd be an upgrade for the Bears.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Mike looked pretty brutal in the playoffs, tbh. I don't watch either enough to say for sure.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some of you guys are going to be suicidal when they don't get Orlando Brown and sign a bunch of guys that aren't on your radar because you only casually watch football and have only heard of the big names.

That’s half the fun!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Let me ask you this, do you want the bears to pay him more than the 6 year, 139 million offer that paid 95 million over the first 5 years? I do realize that he will never see the full amount but that seems like huge money for a guy that isn't elite at his position and probably better suited for RT. For the record, I don't deny he'd be an upgrade for the Bears.

The way contracts are going I'd rather build through the draft and then trade before the rookie contract is over. But so many around here aren't willing to spend high firsts on pass protection, only pass rush. If we can't draft them we have to sign and pay them.

We do need to spend something in FA. If that is on oline any that are worth getting are going to be $18m+ (again, Whitehair is $14m). That's just the price known commodities go for. If we're going for scrubs to protect the QB Bears may as well disband the team and let someone who wants to win have the spot.

I don't care if it's Brown or McGlinchey or anyone else. If big names are going to be available in FA and trades for oline that is about the most affordable thing we can do. FA pass rush or WRs are going to really cost. Filling the oline in FA frees up the draft for other more expensive positions on a 4-5 year cheap deal.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I've heard the Coast Guard is more forgiving about fallen arches ("fat feet")
Yeah, those Warrior Spirit types seem to know an awful lot about keto and intermittent fasting.

Want to know who does NOT know anything about those diets? Answer: people who are not fat-fucks.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Never been in the Coast Guard and my wife has only ever beaten me in an enjoyable manner.

So you joined in with the mong gang who sits around playing pretend all day? Congratulations!
Pretend?

As in, Sandy Hook was pretend?

As in, you don't have the most cringe homo-erotic avatar of all time?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I personally don't want Braxton protecting Fields blindside. I don't know why people are so confident in him in that role, as a 5th rounder. Would rather get a Paris Johnson who could be your next 6-10 year starting LT, and try moving Braxton to RT. Braxton only became the LT out of desperation, I don't think it needs to stick.

I also think Poles' get lean philosophy was specific to last year's offensive line, when our talent was low and we needed a way to sell our offensive line's potential. A pure running line, and avoiding having Fields air it out, was out of necessity. While he may incorporate some of that going forward, I don't think he's as beholden to it as some seem to think, as we start filling that position with talent.

I would agree. Not that Braxton can't eventually do the job, but he lacks the power and anchor to do it. Maybe that gets fixed in an offseason or two in an NFL training regiment, as that's been known to happen for Offensive Linemen, but it would be insane to count on that.

His technique was solid despite getting bull rushed to death last season, so I would keep him on as a swing tackle and let him develop his potential from the bench.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is a lot of Bears beat buzz that they hear McGlinchy is their target.

Yup - hearing this pick up speed.

Also heard McGlinchy isn't exactly amazing and has some issues, but he's still overall really good, and let's face it, anyone with a pulse would be better than Borom last year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yup - hearing this pick up speed.

Also heard McGlinchy isn't exactly amazing and has some issues, but he's still overall really good, and let's face it, anyone with a pulse would be better than Borom last year.

See the low lights video with circus music? Talk about blatant propaganda (and I saw it from an actual reporter). I've never seen him be that bad playing against us.

It will be funny if we get the offensive player we should've drafted after trading the defensive one we shouldn't have the same year and it will probably cost about the same.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think the choice should be between McGlinchey and Taylor really. Run blocking vs pass blocking.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
So they offered him a huge deal? Did they know he sucks? I just found out here today myself.

PS. I don't think he is worth the money myself. But he is a good player.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So they offered him a huge deal? Did they know he sucks? I just found out here today myself.

PS. I don't think he is worth the money myself. But he is a good player.

I can imagine KC reading the internet thinking how close they came.:ROFLMAO: