Orphan Black

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
it is pretty good but not second to GoT good.......of course these are just opinions.....your mileage may vary

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Never heard of either. Is it on Netflix?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Orphan Black is on Prime.....

Houston

Liked Posts:
One of those shows that didn't know what was good about itself. Obviously the appeal was the characters (clones) living their lives, but season 2 opened up with a bunch of boring plot mumbo jumbo about that secret agency that zzz.....

It was a character driven show that spent too much time on the plot no one was watching for.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of those shows that didn't know what was good about itself. Obviously the appeal was the characters (clones) living their lives, but season 2 opened up with a bunch of boring plot mumbo jumbo about that secret agency that zzz.....

It was a character driven show that spent too much time on the plot no one was watching for.

So you liked season one but S2 is no FTWD?

Liked Posts:

The shows not even over. Did you get to season 3 yet?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You've never heard of Game Of Thrones? I find that hard to believe.

Derp game of thrones lol. I don't think it's anywhere near one of the best shows. If you read the books the shows suck. I might try the other show

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Derp game of thrones lol. I don't think it's anywhere near one of the best shows. If you read the books the shows suck. I might try the other show

Compare books to books and tv to tv. There is nothing currently in production for tv as good as GOT, not even close. My favorite tv show of all time is The Sopranos, and if GOT nails the last 13 episodes, it could become my new all time favorite.

I've heard so many good things about Orphan Black and basically nothing negative, I have to give it a shot, just not this time of the year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
But it really fucks with me how low budget they went with some of my favorite parts of the books. Omitting rob starks best battle scene stuff like that.

The one thing I give got is they have casted the roles perfectly and the acting is pretty good. But they went to low budget on what could have been lord of the rings type epicness.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But it really fucks with me how low budget they went with some of my favorite parts of the books. Omitting rob starks best battle scene stuff like that.

The one thing I give got is they have casted the roles perfectly and the acting is pretty good. But they went to low budget on what could have been lord of the rings type epicness.

As great as GOT is I can only image what they could have done with a film budget. The Battle Of Blackwater was the coolest thing I've ever seen on a tv show.

You are right about the book battle, this is from one of the show runners:

"It would be difficult for a $200 million feature to do justice to the battle from the book.” They did what they could for $8M.

http://www.wetpaint.com/cost-how-much-film-battle-824556/

Liked Posts:

The star of Orphan Black has the perfect reply to that.

9b8da420-24cb-0133-7705-0aecee5a8273.gif