2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Never had it, but I am never going to miss the annual threads involving people bragging about scamming Direct TV into giving them that Sunday Ticket package for free or some discount like it was something to be proud of.

Good luck pulling that with Amazon or Apple!
you kidding? It's been 35 years since I've been a student, but I've been paying the student rate for Amazon Prime for 8 years now at $6.99 a month

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you kidding? It's been 35 years since I've been a student, but I've been paying the student rate for Amazon Prime for 8 years now at $6.99 a month
Proof or didn’t happen

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

How did that play out?

Did you lie?

Did you demand the discount for being a "loyal customer"?

Did Amazon completely screw it up from the moment you signed up and you have just stayed quiet?

Genuinely curious.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How did that play out?

Did you lie?

Did you demand the discount for being a "loyal customer"?

Did Amazon completely screw it up from the moment you signed up and you have just stayed quiet?

Genuinely curious.
Back then ( I assume now it's different) you clicked on the student discount link. They had absolutely no verification back then if you're a student or not. I assume they ask for proof now. That was it. THen I got my discount. I assumed after 4 or 5 years they would ask or have me prove I'm still a student, but nothing has ever been asked. So I keep enjoying my discount

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back then ( I assume now it's different) you clicked on the student discount link. They had absolutely no verification back then if you're a student or not. I assume they ask for proof now. That was it. THen I got my discount. I assumed after 4 or 5 years they would ask or have me prove I'm still a student, but nothing has ever been asked. So I keep enjoying my discount

So a little Option One & a little Option Three.

Enjoy your "late in life" college days via free 2 day shipping!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Forgot I had Prime. Hopefully the stream is butter

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine getting stuck in Detroit and not able to watch the Directv app or stream the early London game because you don't have NFL+.
When Directv goes, my Sunday Ticket goes, and I'm out. NFL can kick rocks as far as I care.

NOTE: I can watch almost every other sport, but for NFL it checked to see if I was on my home wifi. So as I said when Directv goes, NFL is gone.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Ive used NFLBite for all 5 games this year. ive tried the dot to and the dot io and both are okay. Certain links are trash. I dont get pop ups, but suffer from buffering issues from time to time and those outright freezes. Got a tip on the discord way but havent went that route yet.

Wish the NFL would just package individual team games for the year at 100 or something. Id pay for that. Maybe. 50 plus ads., def

If i had more time and cared more. Id reboot my Kodi rig and find the latest build for all me entertainment needs.
Been using NFLBite for years... I also use a popup blocker that makes the freezes and shit a non issue. Works good for me. ?‍♂️

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Living in central Florida, the reception is hit or miss with the usual evening storms, so have the ability to stream it with the Sunday Ticket app is nice. I prefer to record the games so I can start a bit later and zip through the commercials and pause for dinner so my wife doesn't kill me. I don't know how to do that through the Sunday Ticket app on my TV and I'm not sure it's possible. I could be wrong.

Amazon's Thursday Night Football is fine. But as some have mentioned, the quality is nowhere near as good as it is on DirecTV. There's the occasional video glitches. I have 1 gigabit internet so I don't think that's the issue.

I'm still bitching I can't just pay per team. Just give me the Bears games dammit.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the OP, no, not really. Bad reception in poor weather is a big part of that. That said, we now have xfinity and it can be slow. I have heard nightmare stories about their service (xfinity), too. My sister just recently had one. So, I don’t care as long as it is easily accessible and relatively cheap. I suspect I’ll be paying more for the usual or lesser quality, in reception and on the field, going forward.