OT. Around the rink talk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just saw that our buddy, Colby Cohen, is doing color for tonight's game. Time to turn off the volume. Actually, it's better than you would think. You get a more objective view on what is happening rather than being forced to hear the jibberish from behind the mike.

BTW, apparently old Colby wasn't a huge favorite in Philly either.....

words from the city of brotherly love

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have a busy day of hockey tomorrow. My youngest is playing in Georgia in the am, and than me and him will head to Charlotte for my son’s tournament. Looks like he has 2 games on Saturday and another 2 on Sunday, and depending on how they do a game on Monday.

On a complete side note; my oldest son got weighed and measured at the Dr today, and he came in at 5’7 135lbs not to be bad for a 12 yr old.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My oldest son is finishing up his season at a tournament in Nashville this weekend. His 2nd game went coast to coast and scored the only goal for his team. Todays game they played a team that should have been slotted in the division above. Had a kid in 12u that was about 6’3 on skates. Big dude cross checks my sons d partner, and starts punching him. My son than starts punching the big kid and cross checks him hard. Another one of my sons teammates joins in and next thing thing about 5 kids are throwing punches.

My son is close to 6ft with skates on, and it was awesome to see him and his buddies stand up for their teammates. This kid just kept picking on all the smaller kids, and got bitchy when the bigger kids came after him. We still got beat by 5 as they gave 2 of our players game misconducts which took 2 of our better kids out. My son didn’t get assessed a penalty and than just start laying the body.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I’m going to warm everyone;

Do not, repeat, do not watch the Clayton Keller hit.

Legs do not bend that way.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hawks played spoiler and officially knocked Vegas out of the playoffs. Knights also have a few guys whose contracts are up so their cup window is now closed. Robin Lehner finished hurt as usual . . .

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, we got pick 6, so we give that to Cbus and have 2 1st rounders next season.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Well, we got pick 6, so we give that to Cbus and have 2 1st rounders next season.
Well it certainly was no surprise that Montreal won the lottery. Not that the number 1 pick is a game changer as in Mcdavid, Crosby, Kane, Ovi, but it’s becoming so obvious that the draft lottery is starting to look rigged. It started with Pitts winning the lottery behind closed doors and drafting Crosby, the ridiculous amounts of First round picks Edmonton have had, The leafs and Mathews, and now the Habs, the draft is in Montreal, the team was down in attendance, yes they finished last but this lottery is starting to look fishy.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well it certainly was no surprise that Montreal won the lottery. Not that the number 1 pick is a game changer as in Mcdavid, Crosby, Kane, Ovi, but it’s becoming so obvious that the draft lottery is starting to look rigged. It started with Pitts winning the lottery behind closed doors and drafting Crosby, the ridiculous amounts of First round picks Edmonton have had, The leafs and Mathews, and now the Habs, the draft is in Montreal, the team was down in attendance, yes they finished last but this lottery is starting to look fishy.
I don't disagree, but I believe Montreal had the best odds this year so it is not *that* big of a surprise that they won. But to your point, look at 2007 when we capitalized by moving up from 5th to get Kane...not that I'm complaining. ;)

At this point Davidson is on the clock for the rebuild. It'll be interesting to see how he reloads for next year. I'm hoping for a "flesh out the prospects but don't rush anyone" season, and hopefully without MAF we won't be that good and be in a similar slot or better next season.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't disagree, but I believe Montreal had the best odds this year so it is not *that* big of a surprise that they won. But to your point, look at 2007 when we capitalized by moving up from 5th to get Kane...not that I'm complaining. ;)

At this point Davidson is on the clock for the rebuild. It'll be interesting to see how he reloads for next year. I'm hoping for a "flesh out the prospects but don't rush anyone" season, and hopefully without MAF we won't be that good and be in a similar slot or better next season.
Yes I can’t argue about the fact the Habs had the best odds, but either way the league was handing them a first round pick.
In relation to Davidson I want the Hawks to be bottom 3 next season and achieve a top 3 pick, and with Tampa’s first rounder we have 2 picks, Kane and Toews salary are off the books, Decat will have to be resigned and the build begins. Use the upcoming season to try out as many players as possible and go from there. Let’s see what the kids can do and get rid of the dead weight, DeHaan, Gus for starters.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The Hawks need another top ten pick in 23.

The top 3 in 23 would be the first overall in 22. It’s arguable the next seven in 23 would go second overall this year.

This is such a good draft the Hawks dodged a bullet losing the lottery.

Bedard and Michkov are generational, Fantilli will be an elite first line center, Ritchie, Benson, and Carlsson will be first line studs.

The only person I’m not high on is Dvorsky as I’ve watched a lot of Swede streams but everyone else is extremely high on the kid.

If it was Kelly he would have first overall and take somebody off the board, pass on Bedard, and say the Hawks have enough centers. Glad he’s gone

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes I can’t argue about the fact the Habs had the best odds, but either way the league was handing them a first round pick.
In relation to Davidson I want the Hawks to be bottom 3 next season and achieve a top 3 pick, and with Tampa’s first rounder we have 2 picks, Kane and Toews salary are off the books, Decat will have to be resigned and the build begins. Use the upcoming season to try out as many players as possible and go from there. Let’s see what the kids can do and get rid of the dead weight, DeHaan, Gus for starters.
Well, if my guesstimation is right, this team will be worse next year than it was this year. No MAF to steal wins, no appreciable increase in defense (only addition by subtraction by losing DeHaan and Gus... hopefully, and running kids with the vets), and any O increase would be hedging bets that Toews returns to 2015/2016/2019 form, Dach has a breakout year, and Reichel, if he plays, comes in hard next season. I don't think Kane or Debrincat can score at a much larger clip than what they are doing.

I don't see that really happening, and I think if the 'hawks continue with the kids in net, or get a lower class vet netminder, we do have a shot at the top 3 with what we're icing.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wow Letang agrees to 6 year/6 million per deal with Pens. Does that mean Malkin's gone for sure? I hope so.

And Tarasenko still wants out of St. Louis. Hope that happens also.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Vancouver is an utter shit-show right now, it's almost impressive. Getting booed for the last like 10 minutes of the game and fans throwing jerseys on the ice. That's what they get for sticking with Boudreau.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been a busy hockey season this year for my sons. 13 year old boy has been playing bantam and helping a u18 high school team. As a d-man he has the most goals and assists on his team, and absolutely takes games over at times. With skates on he is almost 6’3 and is the fastest kid on the ice, he absolutely blows by people and his separation is crazy. He has developed quite nicely, and is hoping the makes the A/AA team next year.

I moved up my 10 year old to pee-wee and also gets to play bantam everyonce in awhile if we need players. Been playing defenceman all year and is now the best d-man we have on the team. Kid shows no fear and always looks to hit the biggest kid in the ice. He had a perfect hip check in a game a couple weeks ago were, and ref came up to me on the bench and said that was textbook. Like my oldest he is hoping to move to A/AA this upcoming season.

Been able to coach both my sons teams has been fun, and looking forward to travel next year.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What a comeback from the Leafs last night. I thought they were dead in the water at 4-1; now they have a stranglehold on the series.

Really surprised at Jersey and the Kraken.

Refs are ruining the playoffs with their bull shit ticky-tack calls. There should be zero penalties during scrums in the playoffs at least. It's pathetic.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What a comeback from the Leafs last night. I thought they were dead in the water at 4-1; now they have a stranglehold on the series.

Really surprised at Jersey and the Kraken.

Refs are ruining the playoffs with their bull shit ticky-tack calls. There should be zero penalties during scrums in the playoffs at least. It's pathetic.
Maybe Toronto has learnt a thing or 2 from the past 3 series they lost. They have the talent, there issue is executing, they still have a long way to go, but they are certainly in the drivers seat versus Tampa.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Matthew Tkachuk is saving hockey right now. This dude has been a beast since Day 1 in the league. His brother too. So refreshing that there are at least a handful of guys who still play the game this way. Though he got the mouthguard bit from Kane.