OT. Around the rink talk

Granada

Keith Yandle loses 9 teeth in the first period last night. Misses the second and comes back for the third. After dental work this morning will be playing at 5 pm today keeping the current NHL iron man streak alive.
People will probably disagree with me, but this is one of the reasons why I consider hockey to be the greatest sport. You simply don't see this type of thing in other sports, and there are so many examples. I remember the Boston Bruins' Campbell literally breaking his leg after blocking a slap-shot in the playoffs, and with a broken leg, stayed out on the penalty kill for a minute and a half because he didn't want to leave the ice. We all remember Duncan Keith getting 7 teeth knocked out from Marleau in the Western Conf. playoffs in 2010, and he never missed a beat. Same thing happened to Roenick when he was on Phoenix and got destroyed by Darien Hatcher -- his jaw was literally folding like an accordion.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
My favorite teams
Portland Timbers Chicago Blackhawks
People will probably disagree with me, but this is one of the reasons why I consider hockey to be the greatest sport. You simply don't see this type of thing in other sports, and there are so many examples. I remember the Boston Bruins' Campbell literally breaking his leg after blocking a slap-shot in the playoffs, and with a broken leg, stayed out on the penalty kill for a minute and a half because he didn't want to leave the ice. We all remember Duncan Keith getting 7 teeth knocked out from Marleau in the Western Conf. playoffs in 2010, and he never missed a beat. Same thing happened to Roenick when he was on Phoenix and got destroyed by Darien Hatcher -- his jaw was literally folding like an accordion.
Exactly! Too bad I could only like this once.

Meanwhile, "The Bulls will be playing without Derek Rose this season; Rose was apparently scared by a kid on hallowe'en..."

hawkinmontreal

My favorite teams
Oakland Athletics Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Duke Blue Devils
As much as I don’t believe the hit was illegal it was great to watch Kassian throw that little puke around they way he did. Tkachuk got what he deserved, karma is a bitch.

Granada

As much as I don’t believe the hit was illegal it was great to watch Kassian throw that little puke around they way he did. Tkachuk got what he deserved, karma is a bitch.
I actually like Tkachuk -- he's old school, plays the game extremely hard. There aren't enough players like that in today's NHL. I love how he almost destroyed Doughty on top of it. I wish we had someone like him on the Hawks. I can understand opposing fans hating him, but to me, he's one of the funnest players to watch in the game right now.

I agree with you that it was a clean hit. Also, that's another thing I like about Tkachuk -- he isn't afraid of anyone. Kassian is a tough customer obviously, yet Tkachuk plastered him, no hesitation -- gotta respect that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Most guys don't punch like killers like Kassian was doing there. I guess thats why guys don't hit him. They should take note and let it go.

Granada

Oilers/Flames did not disappoint last night. Tkachuk dropped the gloves, which was great and makes me respect him as a player even more, considering the two hits he gave Nurse last game were perfectly legal. I know people hate him, but Tkachuk plays the game the right way -- he'll hit you, and he'll answer the bell. Did the same thing with LA. It's refreshing to see a guy like Tkachuk instead of the multitude of players who hit but refuse to drop the gloves because they hide behind the instigator rule.

Granada

Fucking Nashville just won 2 games straight against Washington and Jersey, now one point above the Hawks with a game in-hand. Hope they don't start heating up after the All-Star break.

Granada

Did anyone watch the other games? Canes Rangers was awesome -- massive hits, a goal, and a fight in the first 3 minutes of play. Out of all the games I saw yesterday, that Canes game felt the most like a true NHL playoff game -- damn entertaining.

Tkachuk took out Schieffle in the Flames/Jets game when his skate came up -- didn't look at all intentional in my book, but Schieffle went down hard and will probably be out for a while.