hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah, I hate that song, but then again, I hate Chelsea Dagger too.
To be fair Chelsea Dagger was different at the beginning in comparison to other goal songs around the league, it was fun to hear especially when it was pissing Roberto Louongo off, but just like the GM things need to change.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair Chelsea Dagger was different at the beginning in comparison to other goal songs around the league, it was fun to hear especially when it was pissing Roberto Louongo off, but just like the GM things need to change.

I agree with both.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like Hell finally froze over......

Pirri had one start on a sub .500 team and Sukura had a handful with a top team.........how TF can a guy trade Dylan Sukura and lose that trade?LOFL!!!!!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Damn, that Florida/Tampa game was good; certainly lived up to the hype. I was/am rooting for the Panthers, but I wasn't even mad they lost because the game was so damn good -- that's what playoff hockey is all about. I thought the Boston/Washington game was the best one so far until last night. In the Boston game, the intensity kind of waned from the first period, but in the Florida game, it never let up the entire game. So many momentum shifts too. Just fantastic.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn, that Florida/Tampa game was good; certainly lived up to the hype. I was/am rooting for the Panthers, but I wasn't even mad they lost because the game was so damn good -- that's what playoff hockey is all about. I thought the Boston/Washington game was the best one so far until last night. In the Boston game, the intensity kind of waned from the first period, but in the Florida game, it never let up the entire game. So many momentum shifts too. Just fantastic.
It's hard to beat the defending champ without one of the league's best D-men in the lineup without em taking a goal away and they really let Tampa play. McDunna got a minor for a dangerous cross-check from behind on Duclair(guess a guy has to stay down longer),Suckachev did the same a few shifts later and no call at all and now I hear Bennett gets a game.....a PO game for his hit in the 3rd.
The league obviously wants TB back in the finals but Q just might out-matchup Cooper as the series goes on.......again.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's hard to beat the defending champ without one of the league's best D-men in the lineup without em taking a goal away and they really let Tampa play. McDunna got a minor for a dangerous cross-check from behind on Duclair(guess a guy has to stay down longer),Suckachev did the same a few shifts later and no call at all and now I hear Bennett gets a game.....a PO game for his hit in the 3rd.
The league obviously wants TB back in the finals but Q just might out-matchup Cooper as the series goes on.......again.

I thought the officiating was atrocious, especially in favor of Tampa. Lot of missed calls on Tampa, whether purposeful or not -- they got away with a lot more. That said, I guess I get suspending Bennett for a game, that was a pretty dangerous hit. Very stupid on his part, as that hit changed the complexion of the game.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought the officiating was atrocious, especially in favor of Tampa. Lot of missed calls on Tampa, whether purposeful or not -- they got away with a lot more. That said, I guess I get suspending Bennett for a game, that was a pretty dangerous hit. Very stupid on his part, as that hit changed the complexion of the game.
How is this one just a minor then?

Granada

Liked Posts:
How is this one just a minor then?

Because it's Ryan McDonough? Lol. You know how this league deals with its "stars."

Seriously though, probably because of the distance traveled, maybe they deemed Bennett's more "predatory" in nature. In McDonough's defense, to me, that wasn't as bad as Bennett's. If you suspend McDonough there, you would have to suspend a lot of players for similar infractions, and I wouldn't like that for the game.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it's Ryan McDonough? Lol. You know how this league deals with its "stars."

Seriously though, probably because of the distance traveled, maybe they deemed Bennett's more "predatory" in nature. In McDonough's defense, to me, that wasn't as bad as Bennett's. If you suspend McDonough there, you would have to suspend a lot of players for similar infractions, and I wouldn't like that for the game.
I've seen some awful cross-checks from behind that were only 2-3 feet from the boards that absolutely destroyed guys. Bennett's hit was charging,nobody was hurt and it deserved a minor IMO.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I've seen some awful cross-checks from behind that were only 2-3 feet from the boards that absolutely destroyed guys. Bennett's hit was charging,nobody was hurt and it deserved a minor IMO.

Yeah, I get why the league did it, but I would have been totally fine had he not been suspended.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Question for you granada? Would you agree that this year in comparison to lets say the last 20 years, the Cup is up for grabs without a clear cut team being the odds on favorite. There are so many teams in the playoffs this season with so much talent. Vegas, Tampa, florida, Colorado, Washinton, Pitts, Islanders and not to take anything away from Minny, St.Louis, Boston, Edmomton, Toronto(another beast) Montreal, Winnipeg. I cant remember when there was so many stacked teams vying for the cup.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Question for you granada? Would you agree that this year in comparison to lets say the last 20 years, the Cup is up for grabs without a clear cut team being the odds on favorite. There are so many teams in the playoffs this season with so much talent. Vegas, Tampa, florida, Colorado, Washinton, Pitts, Islanders and not to take anything away from Minny, St.Louis, Boston, Edmomton, Toronto(another beast) Montreal, Winnipeg. I cant remember when there was so many stacked teams vying for the cup.
Tough to say. It depends on how you define a "powerhouse." This year, Colorado was considered a pretty clear-cut favorite from the onset -- and they've consistently proven it all season. Same with Vegas and Tampa. Now, were any of them as favored as any other Cup contender in the last 20 years? I'd say yes with Colorado, but it's a bit subjective.

If I had to pick a year where the Cup was most up for grabs in the last few years, I'd probably say 2013 over this year, when you had the "tournament of previous and recent champions" in the Conference Finals. But I do agree with you, there are a lot of stacked teams this year.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last two rounds oughta be interesting with none of the teams having seen each other all year.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last two rounds oughta be interesting with none of the teams having seen each other all year.

I wonder how it will play out with the Canadian travel/quarantine restrictions.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I get why the league did it, but I would have been totally fine had he not been suspended.
I agree think the league sent a message about series please beat the crap out of each other. but if see the name you gotta let up some. This is what the league wants to showcase, its just one bad hit and someone really hurt to mess that up.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It has been great playoff hockey so far Bob, really fast paced, very aggressive, officiating has been suspect but overall it’s been a pleasure to watch..
In terms of the western and eastern finals yeah, its going to be interesting no doubt.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I wonder how it will play out with the Canadian travel/quarantine restrictions.
I have heard the borders are going to be open very shortly, but in all honesty with the clowns running our country I will take that with a grain of salt. In terms of the clubs I am pretty much certain they have all received at the minimum one shot of the covid vaccine.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Tampa really took control in that second game after the first period. Hopefully Bennett provides a spark when he returns. I know Q was regularly alternating goalies in the regular season, but I wouldn't have switched from Bob for Game 2. I'm not blaming last night's loss on Driedger, but still, I didn't like the move. It's not looking too good for Florida now; Tampa just seems to have way too many weapons. Hope I'm wrong.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It just blows my mind how Tampa year after year have such a stacked lineup. I think back to the 2010 lineup and how after 1 cup the Hawks were decimated, but yet Tampa continues to ice an allstar team. Yes I know the cap did us no wonders, but jesus murphy it’s ridiculous. Yea the Hawks won 3 cups but imagine if the cap was on our side.