OT. Around the rink talk

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa really took control in that second game after the first period. Hopefully Bennett provides a spark when he returns. I know Q was regularly alternating goalies in the regular season, but I wouldn't have switched from Bob for Game 2. I'm not blaming last night's loss on Driedger, but still, I didn't like the move. It's not looking too good for Florida now; Tampa just seems to have way too many weapons. Hope I'm wrong.
Driedger allowed an offensive machine two goals......you don't think that was a good move?

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anybody play in men's leagues anymore?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Driedger allowed an offensive machine two goals......you don't think that was a good move?

I don't, personally -- because now what do you do (if you're Q)? You go back to Bob now?

Yes, Driedger only let in 2 goals, but he also only faced 29 shots compared to 40 for Bob. Once Tampa scored that 2nd goal, they essentially locked down defensively the rest of the game.

I think once playoffs come around, you have to be set on your goalie. Inserting Driedger, to me, is like second-guessing yourself as a coach; and now, you painted yourself into a corner because, now what do you do for Game 3? I'm guessing he goes back to Bob. I would have given Bob the first two games of the series at least before immediately inserting Driedger.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Q is a button pusher I think the move to CD60 was an attempt to get his team to tighten up defensively.
Thats a real good and well coached team over there. I would assume back to Bob also just because you have him for another 5 years. Also the Avs look like they are in there own league right now.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Q is a button pusher I think the move to CD60 was an attempt to get his team to tighten up defensively.
Thats a real good and well coached team over there. I would assume back to Bob also just because you have him for another 5 years. Also the Avs look like they are in there own league right now.

Yeah Avs are tearing it up. The only thing that is saving the Blues is Binnington right now. Dirty hit by Kadri in the third though, can't see how he doesn't get at least a 5 game suspension.

Last edited:

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Yeah I like his game but he just is stupid, they can get bye without him against the Blues but Vegas ?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Damn, that Florida/Tampa game was good; certainly lived up to the hype. I was/am rooting for the Panthers, but I wasn't even mad they lost because the game was so damn good -- that's what playoff hockey is all about. I thought the Boston/Washington game was the best one so far until last night. In the Boston game, the intensity kind of waned from the first period, but in the Florida game, it never let up the entire game. So many momentum shifts too. Just fantastic.

Your bandwagon florida team and coach Q is about to CHOKE

Granada

Liked Posts:
You sure?

That comeback was awesome. Definitely my favorite series so far. I was surprised Q went with Driedger again; I think he needs to ride Bob the rest of the series. What's your thoughts on Forsling this series? Scored a huge goal obviously; I think overall, he's looked pretty good. Hartman for Minny has been really good too, from what I've seen.

Crazy hit with Tavares in that Toronto game. I've always hated Perry, but I don't see how that's his fault there. Either way, he answered the bell. That shorty to end it was awesome. Notice who took (and cleanly won) the important last faceoff for Montreal? None other than Danault.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Goose has looked good lots of min since Eckblad went down crazy he is still just 24. Tavars incident was awful.Yeah that Danault trade still frost me, they had a Bolland replacement for years if they kept him. Hartman is playing with Krill so he has to be doing something right had no problem letting him go though

Granada

Liked Posts:
Goose has looked good lots of min since Eckblad went down crazy he is still just 24. Tavars incident was awful.Yeah that Danault trade still frost me, they had a Bolland replacement for years if they kept him. Hartman is playing with Krill so he has to be doing something right had no problem letting him go though

Yeah it makes you sad some of these guys got away. Danault was always the hardest to lose; and Goose would have been nice to have this year in my opinion. Meant to mention this before: Q sitting Yandle? I like Q as much as the next guy, but between this and how he's handled the goaltending, I feel like he's over-coaching this series, he better be careful. I'm sure that rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way, considering Yandle's consecutive game streak. Kind of reminds me of when Q sat Vermette against Tampa.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody talking about the Canes. They're going to be a handful for whoever faces them after they (hopefully) finish thumping the Preds

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah it makes you sad some of these guys got away. Danault was always the hardest to lose; and Goose would have been nice to have this year in my opinion. Meant to mention this before: Q sitting Yandle? I like Q as much as the next guy, but between this and how he's handled the goaltending, I feel like he's over-coaching this series, he better be careful. I'm sure that rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way, considering Yandle's consecutive game streak. Kind of reminds me of when Q sat Vermette against Tampa.
Forsling was terrible in Chicago, maybe with good coaching it would of changed, but we all know the current coaching staff is brutal no matter who is playing back there.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That comeback was awesome. Definitely my favorite series so far. I was surprised Q went with Driedger again; I think he needs to ride Bob the rest of the series. What's your thoughts on Forsling this series? Scored a huge goal obviously; I think overall, he's looked pretty good. Hartman for Minny has been really good too, from what I've seen.

Crazy hit with Tavares in that Toronto game. I've always hated Perry, but I don't see how that's his fault there. Either way, he answered the bell. That shorty to end it was awesome. Notice who took (and cleanly won) the important last faceoff for Montreal? None other than Danault.
If we go back to the start of the '17-18' season,Forsling and Rutta both looked good for the first 6-8 weeks and then both tailed off. Fast forward three years and both are helping teams in a ferocious PO series. Natural maturation process I guess.

Gotta ride Bob now......Brian Douchebag said so........GOD does the game miss Doc Emerick!
Q was in a spot,play the 10M dollar Vezina winner or play the much better goaltender,he gave Bob the start out of respect in game one.
Bob has done nothing but shit the bed in Sunrise ever since he held Uncle Dale up for 70 million,every other GT on the roster the last two years has put up better numbers. Uncle Dal did leave Spencer Knight as a parting gift though and he's the real deal!

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody talking about the Canes. They're going to be a handful for whoever faces them after they (hopefully) finish thumping the Preds
Canes might be the best coached team in the game and will be a test for anybody.....still not sure they have enough top end forwards or the experience in net. Great special teams,3rd best PP and 3rd best PK are big but 5 on 5 play is more important when the whistles get swallowed. I still wouldn't bet a dime against them in a series though....they're very stingy!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Canes might be the best coached team in the game and will be a test for anybody.....sill not sure they have enough top end forwards or the experience in net. Great special teams,3rd best PP and 3rd best PK are big but 5 on 5 play is more important when the whistles get swallowed. I still wouldn't bet a dime against them in a series though....they're very stingy!
Love to have their coaches