OT. Around the rink talk

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Nobody talking about the Canes. They're going to be a handful for whoever faces them after they (hopefully) finish thumping the Preds
Figured we would talk more about them second round. Yes they can play with anyone . Netminders not battle tested as some but they are loaded big fast and skilled. Yes well coached.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
Forsling was terrible in Chicago, maybe with good coaching it would of changed, but we all know the current coaching staff is brutal no matter who is playing back there.
well....Q had him 79 games across 2 seasons...total of 5 goals and 13 assists.
i thought he was gone before JC showed up, but he had him his first season for 43 games, he had 3 goals and 6 assists.
looking at his numbers, the thing that jumped out at me was that he's still just 24 years old (almost 25), and i didn't remember him being as big as he is...6 foot tall, 186 lbs. not huge, but bigger than i remember.
then there's the other guy that fckn baffles me....and maybe 5 other former teams as well. that's anthony duclair.
i don't recognize him this year. he's one of their go to guys now. he's scoreless and a -2 in 3 games this p/o year but he's had heaps of chances and at least 2 goal posts until now.
i remember his last year in ottawa...21 goals in his first 37 games, then he fell off the map with 7 goals in his last 29 games. typical of his career to that point...flashes of brilliance but next to zero consistency across a whole season.
this year (regular season) he had 32 points in 43 games and was 2nd on the team with a sparkling +27 which led all forwards and only trailed weegar by +2 for the team lead. (while we're on the topic, forsling was the 2nd best defenseman and was 4th overall onthe team at +17).
now...i would've thought that a duclair and a forsling were 2 players that Q would've had a gutfull of, but holy shit, those are 2 guys that for whatever reason are absolutely bringing it the second time around with their old coach.

both are in the last year of their contracts so we'll see how it goes forthem next year. but forsling at 700k and duclair at 1.7 mill have to be among the biggest bargains in the league this season.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Nobody talking about the Canes. They're going to be a handful for whoever faces them after they (hopefully) finish thumping the Preds

Yet Blackhawks and Canes are mostly tossup games. Weird how the Preds totally have the Hawks number starting with that playoff sweeep years back which started the downfall against them.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
and your other bandwagon team the Oilers down 3-0 with the best player in hockey about to get swept!!!

Lose 1-0 with the Oilers goalscorers? They cHoking!
The Jets are solid as fuck. So long as they stay out the box they will sweep the McOils.

Sleeper team is the Habs. So under the radar compared to the media darlings but if Price is on watch out.

If the Habs sweep the Laffs, how many bars get burnt to the ground in Toronto?

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Jets are solid as fuck. So long as they stay out the box they will sweep the McOils.

Sleeper team is the Habs. So under the radar compared to the media darlings but if Price is on watch out.

McDavid who is sitting on a 12.5 million cap hit of whom put up over 100 points in a condensed regular season schedule. Thus far zero points in these playoffs. Choke!

Last edited:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet Blackhawks and Canes are mostly tossup games. Weird how the Preds totally have the Hawks number starting with that playoff sweeep years back which started the downfall against them.

I know. Don't know what it is, like a country curse or something

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we go back to the start of the '17-18' season,Forsling and Rutta both looked good for the first 6-8 weeks and then both tailed off. Fast forward three years and both are helping teams in a ferocious PO series. Natural maturation process I guess.

Yeah it makes you sad some of these guys got away. Danault was always the hardest to lose; and Goose would have been nice to have this year in my opinion. Meant to mention this before: Q sitting Yandle? I like Q as much as the next guy, but between this and how he's handled the goaltending, I feel like he's over-coaching this series, he better be careful. I'm sure that rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way, considering Yandle's consecutive game streak. Kind of reminds me of when Q sat Vermette against Tampa.
Couldn't clear the double quote for some reason but Q has never been happy with Yandle's offense first approach but he played Yandle in every regular season game since he got there out of the respect you mentioned. Yandle's consecutive regular season games streak remains intact. I don't know if I sit him either in favor of another vet like Stralman but I give Q his latitude out of the same respect he showed Yandle the last two seasons.

Let's hope sitting Yandle has the same outcome sitting Vermette did.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We hear talk of getting top picks and elite players in the draft but isn't this exactly what the Oil did? The rest of the team is getting pushed all over the ice by big,rugged guys like Adan Lowry and losing puck battles all over the place.
The Jets 1LC is 6'5" 225lbs.........big,fast,elite and plenty physical too.....the Oil have NO answer for players like these.
The Oil have two of the very best players in the game and they lost to a hapless Hawks team last year.....thanks to JT and CC!!!
The postseason is almost the polar opposite of the the regular season and it's always been that way.....the time and space McJesus and Drystrudle saw all regular season comes with a price to pay once the PO's start and not all of those elite player are willing to pay it.

Gotta have 'horses for courses' and an old plow horse by the name of Cal Clutterbuck who had 4 all year potted 2 right in front Thursday night.

The Oil just ain't built for this shit and even though no team has seen more of Sam Bennett the last five years....they let Florida get him for a 2nd and a 3rd at the TDL.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Q is a button pusher I think the move to CD60 was an attempt to get his team to tighten up defensively.
Thats a real good and well coached team over there. I would assume back to Bob also just because you have him for another 5 years. Also the Avs look like they are in there own league right now.

Lost 6-2, oooops!! Got his guy Tallon fired, not lookin good for Florida.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cats have been the better team 5 on 5 but the PK and net front play have been bad.........hard to miss one of the best D-men in the league and this is where it shows. Big,tough bastard too.

Looks like two dirty Russians might miss Monday night's game for TB but don't make the same mistake.....it'll be must see TV! Take Stamkos out too.

It may indeed be night time in Sunrise or it may be 'Knight' time. Play the kid because he's the real deal and the future of the team.

Remember when the know-nothings said Q didn't like physical hockey......he just had too many small Euros.....like now.

Try to imagine this small,fragile timid Hawks team in a series like we see in Florida because I can't.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
well....Q had him 79 games across 2 seasons...total of 5 goals and 13 assists.
i thought he was gone before JC showed up, but he had him his first season for 43 games, he had 3 goals and 6 assists.
looking at his numbers, the thing that jumped out at me was that he's still just 24 years old (almost 25), and i didn't remember him being as big as he is...6 foot tall, 186 lbs. not huge, but bigger than i remember.
then there's the other guy that fckn baffles me....and maybe 5 other former teams as well. that's anthony duclair.
i don't recognize him this year. he's one of their go to guys now. he's scoreless and a -2 in 3 games this p/o year but he's had heaps of chances and at least 2 goal posts until now.
i remember his last year in ottawa...21 goals in his first 37 games, then he fell off the map with 7 goals in his last 29 games. typical of his career to that point...flashes of brilliance but next to zero consistency across a whole season.
this year (regular season) he had 32 points in 43 games and was 2nd on the team with a sparkling +27 which led all forwards and only trailed weegar by +2 for the team lead. (while we're on the topic, forsling was the 2nd best defenseman and was 4th overall onthe team at +17).
now...i would've thought that a duclair and a forsling were 2 players that Q would've had a gutfull of, but holy shit, those are 2 guys that for whatever reason are absolutely bringing it the second time around with their old coach.

both are in the last year of their contracts so we'll see how it goes forthem next year. but forsling at 700k and duclair at 1.7 mill have to be among the biggest bargains in the league this season.
Duclair just didt work out in Chicago, he certainly has the talent, some players just excel in different environments and he is one of them.
Forsling was gone before JC, my point is with the trainwreck the Hawks have currently on the defensive side of things it wouldn’t of mattered. We can agree that he is a steal at his current salary cap hit, but let’s be real here, he would fail in Chicago, not to be a Debbie downer, but there is zero reason to be optimistic about anybody who needs coaching and developing to succeed with this lineup of lapdog coaches that Stan has lined up to sink the team further into the abyss.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
McDavid who is sitting on a 12.5 million cap hit of whom put up over 100 points in a condensed regular season schedule. Thus far zero points in these playoffs. Choke!
Yeah but if he's going against Scheifele he's a friggin tank and that's really not a knock of McJesus.

If Dach can become half of what Scheifele is I'd be happy.

But the Hawks showed last year how to beat the Oilers, stay out the box so your not dealing with McD and Drain on the PP.

The Peg is a pretty good team, tho. The Oilers benefitted from the trash divisions and if it was normal I highly doubt they're a playoff team

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
We are the Preds Detroit. They will always have some extra juice when playing us.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
We hear talk of getting top picks and elite players in the draft but isn't this exactly what the Oil did? The rest of the team is getting pushed all over the ice by big,rugged guys like Adan Lowry and losing puck battles all over the place.
The Jets 1LC is 6'5" 225lbs.........big,fast,elite and plenty physical too.....the Oil have NO answer for players like these.
The Oil have two of the very best players in the game and they lost to a hapless Hawks team last year.....thanks to JT and CC!!!
The postseason is almost the polar opposite of the the regular season and it's always been that way.....the time and space McJesus and Drystrudle saw all regular season comes with a price to pay once the PO's start and not all of those elite player are willing to pay it.

Gotta have 'horses for courses' and an old plow horse by the name of Cal Clutterbuck who had 4 all year potted 2 right in front Thursday night.

The Oil just ain't built for this shit and even though no team has seen more of Sam Bennett the last five years....they let Florida get him for a 2nd and a 3rd at the TDL.
ill give you all those points. But also the OIL is just as sloppy with the puck as we are and that just is bad news in the playoffs. If you cant tighten up you die off quickly. And they did a good job first 2 games and then you cant protect a 4-1
lead wow.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Wasn't it like three years ago Oilers fans were proclaiming it "their time" and the "next Oilers dynasty"?

Sit the fuck down.

You know, Chia gets shat on for making the Oil bigger and tougher....

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wasn't it like three years ago Oilers fans were proclaiming it "their time" and the "next Oilers dynasty"?

Sit the fuck down.

You know, Chia gets shat on for making the Oil bigger and tougher....

Yeah, but so were a lot of analysts too. I love they're down 0-3. Also loved seeing the Avs bounce St. Louis -- even though Ott is just a coach now, I never tire of watching him lose.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Forsling was terrible in Chicago, maybe with good coaching it would of changed, but we all know the current coaching staff is brutal no matter who is playing back there.
True. It's just funny how many guys have come in with sky-high hopes, but essentially crashed and burned, at least here; Forsling was one of them. Oesterle also had high hopes. Johns, Joker, etc. Now we're essentially starting from square one, again.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Carey Price has been incredible.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Carey Price has been incredible.

Speaking of incredible -- Spencer Knight. Unbelievable. Although the stat sheet won't show it, Forsling also had a solid game and saved a goal.

Meant to mention this before, but what is with Nashville fans standing the entire game? Zero clue of hockey etiquette obviously. Just another reason to dislike them I guess, lol. I really hope Carolina doesn't blow that series.

Liked seeing the Isles win last night. Didn't see the Jets/Wild late games, but was pleasantly surprised both won. Edmonton, what a shit show.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said the kid was the real deal and the future of the team.......I saw him coming a mile away!

"It's still hockey,right......we go out on the ice every day" and "the score starts at zero,just have fun and play hard" aren't things you hear from the average 20yro and this kid ain't the average 20yro.....he's gonna be a star!

Sounds like a young player who's been listening to his HoF coach!

Florida had the toughest 1st round draw against one of the best teams assembled in years despite having the 4th best record in the league and it's a series now.....

Last edited: