OT. Around the rink talk

Granada

Liked Posts:
Keith Yandle loses 9 teeth in the first period last night. Misses the second and comes back for the third. After dental work this morning will be playing at 5 pm today keeping the current NHL iron man streak alive.

People will probably disagree with me, but this is one of the reasons why I consider hockey to be the greatest sport. You simply don't see this type of thing in other sports, and there are so many examples. I remember the Boston Bruins' Campbell literally breaking his leg after blocking a slap-shot in the playoffs, and with a broken leg, stayed out on the penalty kill for a minute and a half because he didn't want to leave the ice. We all remember Duncan Keith getting 7 teeth knocked out from Marleau in the Western Conf. playoffs in 2010, and he never missed a beat. Same thing happened to Roenick when he was on Phoenix and got destroyed by Darien Hatcher -- his jaw was literally folding like an accordion.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People will probably disagree with me, but this is one of the reasons why I consider hockey to be the greatest sport. You simply don't see this type of thing in other sports, and there are so many examples. I remember the Boston Bruins' Campbell literally breaking his leg after blocking a slap-shot in the playoffs, and with a broken leg, stayed out on the penalty kill for a minute and a half because he didn't want to leave the ice. We all remember Duncan Keith getting 7 teeth knocked out from Marleau in the Western Conf. playoffs in 2010, and he never missed a beat. Same thing happened to Roenick when he was on Phoenix and got destroyed by Darien Hatcher -- his jaw was literally folding like an accordion.
Exactly! Too bad I could only like this once.

Meanwhile, "The Bulls will be playing without Derek Rose this season; Rose was apparently scared by a kid on hallowe'en..."

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
As much as I don’t believe the hit was illegal it was great to watch Kassian throw that little puke around they way he did. Tkachuk got what he deserved, karma is a bitch.

Granada

Liked Posts:
As much as I don’t believe the hit was illegal it was great to watch Kassian throw that little puke around they way he did. Tkachuk got what he deserved, karma is a bitch.

I actually like Tkachuk -- he's old school, plays the game extremely hard. There aren't enough players like that in today's NHL. I love how he almost destroyed Doughty on top of it. I wish we had someone like him on the Hawks. I can understand opposing fans hating him, but to me, he's one of the funnest players to watch in the game right now.

I agree with you that it was a clean hit. Also, that's another thing I like about Tkachuk -- he isn't afraid of anyone. Kassian is a tough customer obviously, yet Tkachuk plastered him, no hesitation -- gotta respect that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Most guys don't punch like killers like Kassian was doing there. I guess thats why guys don't hit him. They should take note and let it go.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Oilers/Flames did not disappoint last night. Tkachuk dropped the gloves, which was great and makes me respect him as a player even more, considering the two hits he gave Nurse last game were perfectly legal. I know people hate him, but Tkachuk plays the game the right way -- he'll hit you, and he'll answer the bell. Did the same thing with LA. It's refreshing to see a guy like Tkachuk instead of the multitude of players who hit but refuse to drop the gloves because they hide behind the instigator rule.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Fucking Nashville just won 2 games straight against Washington and Jersey, now one point above the Hawks with a game in-hand. Hope they don't start heating up after the All-Star break.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Did anyone watch the other games? Canes Rangers was awesome -- massive hits, a goal, and a fight in the first 3 minutes of play. Out of all the games I saw yesterday, that Canes game felt the most like a true NHL playoff game -- damn entertaining.

Tkachuk took out Schieffle in the Flames/Jets game when his skate came up -- didn't look at all intentional in my book, but Schieffle went down hard and will probably be out for a while.