OT. Around the rink talk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone watch the other games? Canes Rangers was awesome -- massive hits, a goal, and a fight in the first 3 minutes of play. Out of all the games I saw yesterday, that Canes game felt the most like a true NHL playoff game -- damn entertaining.

Tkachuk took out Schieffle in the Flames/Jets game when his skate came up -- didn't look at all intentional in my book, but Schieffle went down hard and will probably be out for a while.

Yeah, that was a great game. It sucks it happened, but I think the Schieffle incident was accidental.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was a great game. It sucks it happened, but I think the Schieffle incident was accidental.

Same here. I think Maurice knows it was accidental too -- he's just trying to curry favor with the refs/league for the upcoming games.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did anyone watch the other games? Canes Rangers was awesome -- massive hits, a goal, and a fight in the first 3 minutes of play. Out of all the games I saw yesterday, that Canes game felt the most like a true NHL playoff game -- damn entertaining.

Tkachuk took out Schieffle in the Flames/Jets game when his skate came up -- didn't look at all intentional in my book, but Schieffle went down hard and will probably be out for a while.

I watched the last period and a half of the Blues/Avs game.....which included the most last second win in the history of sports. Avs scored with less than a tenth of second in regulation for the win. Also featured the longest look at a replay that I can remember....but in this case it was completely understandable.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I watched the last period and a half of the Blues/Avs game.....which included the most last second win in the history of sports. Avs scored with less than a tenth of second in regulation for the win. Also featured the longest look at a replay that I can remember....but in this case it was completely understandable.

That was insane -- I don't think I've ever seen a better buzzer beater; not only in hockey but in all of sports, than that goal.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Montreal just acquired Jake Allen. Somewhat strange considering they already have Price at 10 mill. They have 15 million invested in their goalie tandem now.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montreal just acquired Jake Allen. Somewhat strange considering they already have Price at 10 mill. They have 15 million invested in their goalie tandem now.

Could Price be getting moved? Not sure of his contract situation.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Could Price be getting moved? Not sure of his contract situation.

I don't think so. I think either the Habs want to follow Vegas' (or Chicago's, before they traded Lehner's) model of having two stud goalies; or the Habs are planning on flipping Allen in a trade. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Habs' back-up this year sucked. Price played 58 games this year -- in a season cut short by covid -- which is crazy. Maybe they just want a bonafide 1B goalie to take some of the workload during the regular season.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I forgot to talk about my sons first ever hockey game a month ago. My youngest is in Mites first game he had he scored 9 goals and 1 assist. By the 3rd game he got moved over to the select mite team and played with better kids. He only had 1 assist, but what impressed the fuck out of me was he had 2 puck hogs who refused to pass even though my son would in the crease. What would happen was the other team would steal the puck and move down the ice with nobody getting back to play in the D-Zone. After they scored 2 goals my boy said fuck this and started back checking and stick lifting and stick checking them. They stopped scoring after that. Plus he kept going to the net and waiting. I was super stoked to watch him play a complete game, and told him you play complete game like that you are going to go far in this game. Kid looks like he will be a 200 ft monster out there.

My oldest is in pee-wee and was able to have 1 goal on a great rebound. He still looks a tad slow out there but has worked his ass off at the house on his edge work, and he is getting better every game. He has a high IQ and always needs to be were he should in both the O and D zones, but he needs to improve his edges. Even though they aren’t supposed to check he planted a kid right on his ass behind the net and was able to move the puck to his d-man and out the zone for a breakout. I told him eventually he might get moved to Defence just because he sees everything so well, and plays like one. Right now he is playing the wings and looks like Bickell out there.

I’ve been a proud Dad watching them, and the fun thing is since we spend a total of 4 hours in the car. I record their practices and games, so they can watch them on the way home to see were they need to improve.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot to talk about my sons first ever hockey game a month ago. My youngest is in Mites first game he had he scored 9 goals and 1 assist. By the 3rd game he got moved over to the select mite team and played with better kids. He only had 1 assist, but what impressed the fuck out of me was he had 2 puck hogs who refused to pass even though my son would in the crease. What would happen was the other team would steal the puck and move down the ice with nobody getting back to play in the D-Zone. After they scored 2 goals my boy said fuck this and started back checking and stick lifting and stick checking them. They stopped scoring after that. Plus he kept going to the net and waiting. I was super stoked to watch him play a complete game, and told him you play complete game like that you are going to go far in this game. Kid looks like he will be a 200 ft monster out there.

My oldest is in pee-wee and was able to have 1 goal on a great rebound. He still looks a tad slow out there but has worked his ass off at the house on his edge work, and he is getting better every game. He has a high IQ and always needs to be were he should in both the O and D zones, but he needs to improve his edges. Even though they aren’t supposed to check he planted a kid right on his ass behind the net and was able to move the puck to his d-man and out the zone for a breakout. I told him eventually he might get moved to Defence just because he sees everything so well, and plays like one. Right now he is playing the wings and looks like Bickell out there.

I’ve been a proud Dad watching them, and the fun thing is since we spend a total of 4 hours in the car. I record their practices and games, so they can watch them on the way home to see were they need to improve.
Absolutely some of the most precious moments you can have with your kids. I love mountain bike racing and got my kids into it, GOOD TIMES!!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe a future Hoss in the making?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

@DarrenDreger

Sources say contract talks between the St Louis Blues and Blues captain, Alex Pietrangelo have broken off. The team has advised Pietrangelo to pursue unrestricted free agency.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Glad to see TB win it over Dallas last night. I hate Dallas, particularly Jamie Benn and obviously Corey Perry; and Pavelski (sneaky little dirtball) and Radulov. Even though I've never been a fan of Cooper, I can't help but like Hedman, Brayden Point, and Cirelli.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I have always said the NHL revolves around Crosby, and look no further, the NHL still have him ranked up next to Mcdavid and McKinnon as the top forward in the league. It’s ridiculous, he is not even top 10 anymore.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well my favorite Bruin just retired. I'll always have a soft spot for Adam McQuaid for this simple act alone:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Funny story from the rink today with my boys. My youngest gets done with his mite game, and as I come out of the bathroom him and his brother are laughing their ass’s off. I go what is so funny they go wait till mom and sister leave to get breakfast. Once they leave my oldest tells my youngest tell Dad. Youngest goes Dad I had to go you know what, and I start laughing and go did you piss yourself. Youngest replies hell yes I did, and of course I go dude why didn’t you come off the bench, so I could take you. He looks at me and goes Dad; I’m not coming off the ice and missing a shift for anything. Me and my sons all just start laughing like a bunch of school girls. Man I love that my kid is that dedicated he would rather pee himself during a game than come off the ice and miss a shift

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have always said the NHL revolves around Crosby, and look no further, the NHL still have him ranked up next to Mcdavid and McKinnon as the top forward in the league. It’s ridiculous, he is not even top 10 anymore.
Yeah but thats like saying Thornton isn't top ten.

Ask to find a better passer than either? Patrick Kane?
Like Toews the position has worn his scoring ability down some, but if I was in a 7 game series I'm not sure there are ten guys I would rather have.