OT. Around the rink talk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the Isles TB game with my youngest, and he goes hey dad 44 just did the same backhand shot that I do. He goes on to say he stole my move. I just laughed

I hope this series goes 7. Loving the intensity right now.

Yes! The next game at Nassau has the makings of being epic. I'm pulling for the Isle here.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Vegas just can’t match the Intensity of the Habs. Price standing tall and Fleury mishandling the puck cost them game 3. If the Hawks can learn anything from this series, you watch the Canadians and they never stop skating, Vegas being a big heavy team just can’t match the skating of the Habs, the irony behind this, Hawks 3 championships followed the same philosophy, yes the Hawks were stacked, but the Sharks, Kings and Ducks couldn’t compete in the skating department, you can crash and bang all night, but ultimately it’s the timing of the hits. The Habs lineup is just compromised of hard workers, another thing Stan needs to identify.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Vegas just can’t match the Intensity of the Habs. Price standing tall and Fleury mishandling the puck cost them game 3. If the Hawks can learn anything from this series, you watch the Canadians and they never stop skating, Vegas being a big heavy team just can’t match the skating of the Habs, the irony behind this, Hawks 3 championships followed the same philosophy, yes the Hawks were stacked, but the Sharks, Kings and Ducks couldn’t compete in the skating department, you can crash and bang all night, but ultimately it’s the timing of the hits. The Habs lineup is just compromised of hard workers, another thing Stan needs to identify.

LOL!

Habs eeked into the playoffs. They weren't good in the regular season. The only thing this shows is just get in and get HOT at the right time, DUH!!!!!!!

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's funny because both teams sort of play a rope-a-dope style, where they bank on the opposition making the first mistake. They're both comfortable withstanding an early barrage from the opposition, relying on their stellar goalies, and waiting for the right time to strike. Neither team is an offensive powerhouse. The only difference is that the Knights are bigger and more physical, but like you said, that doesn't always translate to success. The Ducks were like that too, and they never got over the hump. I'd love to see Vegas suffer the same fate.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It's funny because both teams sort of play a rope-a-dope style, where they bank on the opposition making the first mistake. They're both comfortable withstanding an early barrage from the opposition, relying on their stellar goalies, and waiting for the right time to strike. Neither team is an offensive powerhouse. The only difference is that the Knights are bigger and more physical, but like you said, that doesn't always translate to success. The Ducks were like that too, and they never got over the hump. I'd love to see Vegas suffer the same fate.
It certainty looks like Price is frustrating them and hats off to Weber, Edmundson, Petry and Charot for playing stellar defence. In relation to your comment, the Habs love playing these close games and capitalizing on your errors, where Vegas needs to score first and have the Habs change there game plan.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What a performance by the Habs last night. Petry returning was huge for them. I never would have expected rooting for a team with both Perry and Burrows on it, but seeing Martinez and the darlings of the league lose is just too much fun. Hope the Habs can finish them off.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What a performance by the Habs last night. Petry returning was huge for them. I never would have expected rooting for a team with both Perry and Burrows on it, but seeing Martinez and the darlings of the league lose is just too much fun. Hope the Habs can finish them off.
I don’t think I have ever seen the Canadians play that well. Bad decision letting Fleury back in the net as well.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What a comeback for the Isles last night, especially after the shellacking they took the game prior. Really happy this one is going to 7.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What a comeback for the Isles last night, especially after the shellacking they took the game prior. Really happy this one is going to 7.
The Islanders played like a desperate team last night. barzal was humming, the crowd was chirping, it was entertaining as all hell, the fuck you Stamkos chant was hilarious. Nice give away from Coleman to seal the deal for the Isles. Game 7 is going to be great, the loss of Kucherov may hurt the Lightning if he can’t play. Let’s hope for a classic.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nice seeing the Habs complete the upset -- now I'll have at least one team that I don't completely despise in the Final. Danault is going to get a huge payday after all is said and done.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Tampa in 6, The Canadians run will come up short, Tampa is just to strong up and down the lineup. Vegas had issues in nets and on defence, Tampa doesn’t have those same issues

Bust

Liked Posts:
Tampa in 6, The Canadians run will come up short, Tampa is just to strong up and down the lineup. Vegas had issues in nets and on defence, Tampa doesn’t have those same issues

If Price can't play on his head it's ovah. Save pct of .800 in game 1 with a huge cap hit to boot. He looks like the Blackhawks net minders this game.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aller à Tampa Bay

Granada

Liked Posts:

I'd like Montreal to win, but at the end of the day, the only thing that will suck about Tampa winning is they'll be a team (like Pitt) that went back-to-back in the modern era, which is something the Hawks never did. And it will suck seeing Cooper get another ring especially, but it's still better than Vegas winning it all.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like Montreal to win, but at the end of the day, the only thing that will suck about Tampa winning is they'll be a team (like Pitt) that went back-to-back in the modern era, which is something the Hawks never did. And it will suck seeing Cooper get another ring especially, but it's still better than Vegas winning it all.
Tampa's very fortunate to be a great team in an era of pretenders. You could stick a fork in the Hawks years ago,the Pens and Bruins both got old,the Caps fired their cup winning coach,the Blues were one hit wonders,Vegas may have fired the right HC too and the Isle and Panthers were both missing one of their best players...........Lee and Ekblad are both big,rugged game changing type of players.
The Canes are regular season wonders and the Avs are phonies and like the Leafs and Oilers.....filled with underachieving, millennials who were made insanely wealthy before they achieved anything.

Cooper's coached an all-star team for the last 7 or 8 years with only one 'bubble cup' against a weak sister to show for it and now he goes up against a team who was three over in the finals........it'll be the cheapest of repeats IMO.