OT. Around the rink talk

Granada

Liked Posts:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wow, Wild buying out both Suter and Parise's contract. 4 years remaining. Ouch.

You know Bowman will be on this. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes after both.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

WOW is right. The Wild see a large cap advantage next year but very little the next three from these buyouts so I'm surprised to see both at the same time but unlike our coward..........many GM's are willing to buyout players for the good of the team..............too bad the two buyouts weren't Calvin deHAAN-job and Brett 'buyout' Connolly but that would take a man big enough to admit a mistake.
What's the Hawks last buyout?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

I was thinking the same Granada

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tarasenko wants out of St. Louis -- best news I've heard all day. Saw Rutherford on NHL Network saying that it's pretty much a certainty you will not see him in a Blues jersey next year. And Landeskog negotiations are not going well in Colorado.

Tarasenko is injury prone and overrated

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Shea Weber is done. Oil re-sign Smith for 2 more years, not sure about that move.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sons had the their first game of the year. My youngest moved up to squirts and was playing Left Defenceman. He had never played their before, and struggled with positioning for the first period. After that he figured it out and was out their being his normal crazy self. Stopped a few rushes moved the puck to his other d-partner and cleared the zone. Funny how my youngest son team does a way better job of passing to each d-man to create space than my older son team

My oldest son is in his last year of pee wee and is the biggest kid on the ice. I thought he was going to try forward this year, but they asked if anyone played defenceman before so he volunteered to play defenceman. Had a solid game only got beat twice once kid got the angle on him and turned the corner the other for some reason he just kept back skating and eventually ate it. He told me he was trying to work on his back skating. He did shut down the other team best player and forced him to the boards when they were one on one. Definitely liked how he used his big body and stick to ride the other player away. He did score from the blue line which was freaking hilarious. He goes probably only one I will score, and than the vary next shift he stepped in the passing lane stole it and had a breakaway. Could have had another goal but rushed his shot. Told me he was way to excited, and pulled a Sharpie.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sons had the their first game of the year. My youngest moved up to squirts and was playing Left Defenceman. He had never played their before, and struggled with positioning for the first period. After that he figured it out and was out their being his normal crazy self. Stopped a few rushes moved the puck to his other d-partner and cleared the zone. Funny how my youngest son team does a way better job of passing to each d-man to create space than my older son team

My oldest son is in his last year of pee wee and is the biggest kid on the ice. I thought he was going to try forward this year, but they asked if anyone played defenceman before so he volunteered to play defenceman. Had a solid game only got beat twice once kid got the angle on him and turned the corner the other for some reason he just kept back skating and eventually ate it. He told me he was trying to work on his back skating. He did shut down the other team best player and forced him to the boards when they were one on one. Definitely liked how he used his big body and stick to ride the other player away. He did score from the blue line which was freaking hilarious. He goes probably only one I will score, and than the vary next shift he stepped in the passing lane stole it and had a breakaway. Could have had another goal but rushed his shot. Told me he was way to excited, and pulled a Sharpie.
That's awesome. Not trying to scare you, but D-man is always tough because the crowd always notices when you're down a goal and you don't hold the puck in, and the "ohhh" is always audible in the kids' games. Lot of young D have trouble with this, so be sure you practice that with him!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's awesome. Not trying to scare you, but D-man is always tough because the crowd always notices when you're down a goal and you don't hold the puck in, and the "ohhh" is always audible in the kids' games. Lot of young D have trouble with this, so be sure you practice that with him!
Spot on with what you said happened in my oldest sons pee-wee game. Him and his partner literally shut down entry’s from the other team at the center line. You could here the other teams parents moaning that their kids would just get stonewalled they had a lot of trouble gaining entry and when they would try to clear my son and his partner would step up and keep the puck in the o-zone.