OT: Bills give Josh Allen 6 year extension

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He’s an interesting case study because he looked like garbage for 2-3 years. Like he had major accuracy issues and lacked good decision making. He’s definitely progressed significantly, but something in my gut wonders if last year was a little bit of an anomaly.

We shall see. Good for the Bills in sticking with him and properly developing him as a QB.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hopefully for the bills the improvement Allen showed last year is real and not an anomaly.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s an interesting case study because he looked like garbage for 2-3 years. Like he had major accuracy issues and lacked good decision making. He’s definitely progress significantly, but something in my gut wonders if last year was a little big of an anomaly.

We shall see. Good for the Bills in sticking with him and properly developing him as a QB.

He was innacurate as hell. I figured he'd be a sure bet to bust since accuracy almost always is the hardest thing to improve in the pros.

Guy legit went from completing barely over half his passes to over 2/3. That's crazy.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He was innacurate as hell. I figured he'd be a sure bet to bust since accuracy almost always is the hardest thing to improve in the pros.

Guy legit went from completing barely over half his passes to over 2/3. That's crazy.
Makes sense why Trubisky would want to go there for a taste or whatever the coaches' secret sauce is.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Well I'm glad he secured the bag. Hopefully he continues to play well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s an interesting case study because he looked like garbage for 2-3 years. Like he had major accuracy issues and lacked good decision making. He’s definitely progress significantly, but something in my gut wonders if last year was a little big of an anomaly.

Fascinating development. I have trouble coming up with a comp for him. Huge risk on the Bills part.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I share my doubts as well, but even if he projects as a mid 90s QBR starter for a decade.. would you not extend him?

I think the mistakes many teams make isn't so much paying a QB, but trying to build a mega offense around their average to above average QB. There are a few elite QBs in the league where you can build an offense around them and win super bowls, but once you get out of the top 5 that becomes a very difficult job.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
shouldn't we start looking into extending Fields? these things are a domino effect
Yeah, teams want to draft QBs to get that 5th year option, only to extend them to mega deals before they get to that 5th year. Crazy…

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Its a gamble...if he plays at the same level of the past year it will be worth it. If its an anomaly they are fucked

Not necessarily, they do have a backup...

Monster

Liked Posts:
I hope Rodgers sees that and goes…. Oh… just a second GB… seems to be a new bar.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
That's a stupid contract to make by Buffalo. Allen really only had one good year and had underwhelming performances in the playoffs.

Mahomes can carry teams. Not sure Allen can carry a cap strapped team. Buffalo should have waited until after this season and even use a franchise tag if necessary. This is premature.