1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The top 3 are Rice, Moss, and T.O.

Let the record show.

I'd take CJ and Fitz over Moss and TO fairly easily, but those two certainly round out the top five.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd take CJ and Fitz over Moss and TO fairly easily, but those two certainly round out the top five.

Fairly easily? You have to be 30 yr or under to make the statement. Just take a look at career stats and keep in mind T.O. and Moss played before half the QBs in the league were throwing for 4000 yards.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fairly easily? You have to be 30 yr or under to make the statement. Just take a look at career stats and keep in mind T.O. and Moss played before half the QBs in the league were throwing for 4000 yards.
Your rewarding longevity over talent.
Did DC fear CJ, Moss, or T.O more?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

LOL, no. I've seen them all and realize that CJ and Fitz put up gawdy numbers while having relatively little around them. Moss and T.O. routinely quit on their teams and forced trades when they were in situations CJ and Fitz put up with their entire careers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Owens and Moss played 218-219 games to Calvin's 135.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fear factor lol? I’d say 1) Moss 2) Megatron 3) TO.

Moss might have feared DC’s more than any player in nfl history.
Debatable. CJ never had any years were he quit on the team. Moss did. Moss had more straight line speed, CJ was better at 50-50 balls and ran better routes.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL, no. I've seen them all and realize that CJ and Fitz put up gawdy numbers while having relatively little around them. Moss and T.O. routinely quit on their teams and forced trades when they were in situations CJ and Fitz put up with their entire careers.

I’d argue what C.J. did was worse. Dude straight up admits he quit in his prime because his team sucked. How great are you when that’s your approach? Not top 3 :)

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Debatable. CJ never had any years were he quit on the team. Moss did. Moss had more straight line speed, CJ was better at 50-50 balls and ran better routes.

Better at 50/50 balls?!?

Kindly re-familiarize yourself with Randy Moss.

Here’s 9 minutes worth of 40 yard touchdowns lol.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I’d argue what C.J. did was worse. Dude straight up admits he quit in his prime because his team sucked. How great are you when that’s your approach? Not top 3 :)

He never straight gave up on the field and became a malcontent like Moss and T.O. did. Fitz and CJ were/are better route runners than Moss and T.O., which is why I'm distinguishing them above those two. If we were talking sheer talent, Randy Moss is number one.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better at 50/50 balls?!?

Kindly re-familiarize yourself with Randy Moss.

Here’s 9 minutes worth of 40 yard touchdowns lol.

Kindly take the opinion of someone that played with both................

Start at the 4:24 mark

game-set-match

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He never straight gave up on the field and became a malcontent like Moss and T.O. did. Fitz and CJ were/are better route runners than Moss and T.O., which is why I'm distinguishing them above those two. If we were talking sheer talent, Randy Moss is number one.
Calvin was a complete player, right down to blocking.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Calvin was a complete player, right down to blocking.

When we're talking about the best to ever play the game, they all pretty much are. Moss was such an athletic freak that if he had the drive of Rice or T.O., he'd very easily be the best WR to play the game.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When we're talking about the best to ever play the game, they all pretty much are. Moss was such an athletic freak that if he had the drive of Rice or T.O., he'd very easily be the best WR to play the game.
Moss was great for sure, but when talking about Calvin vs Moss, you have to take everything into consideration. Yeah Moss has some great highlight tape, but what is more telling is the tape of him when the play wasn't designed to go his way. Compare that to the tape of CJ when the play wasn't designed to go his way. There really is no comparison.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Moss was great for sure, but when talking about Calvin vs Moss, you have to take everything into consideration. Yeah Moss has some great highlight tape, but what is more telling is the tape of him when the play wasn't designed to go his way. Compare that to the tape of CJ when the play wasn't designed to go his way. There really is no comparison.

I know, and T.O. used to improvise on his routes as well. That's part of the reason I got Fitz and CJ ahead of both of them.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was just gonna say this. If Moss had the work ethic of say, Khalil Mack, I think he woulda been hands down the greatest receiver to ever play the game.