OT: Calvin Johnson article

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
IMO Randy Moss was the 2nd best WR behind Rice.

CJ is still living his dream. Loved the guy as a player and decent/non-diva person, as much as you could love someone on a NFCN opponent, but he really had to deal with some shit teams. A little bit like Walter in that regard, but perhaps with a bit less drive. If he had the drive of Jerry Rice, he would have been the best ever, by far. IMO.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ultimately, he could have forced his way out of detoliet. Can you imagine if he would have hooked up with N.E. or Peyton Manning along the way?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wrong. Some of the beat DBs said Moss was the hardest cover because he made every route look the same you you couldn’t tell what he was running by his moves. He was an underrated technician.

Which ones? I honestly can't remember a single time Moss went over the middle.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Again people think moss only ran Go routes but that’s simply not true. I think this description sums it up nicely:

“Some of the most intriguing clips of Moss’ play are the ones that show off his receiver techniques. Phenomenal releases off the line of scrimmage, excellent deception throughout his route, late hands to deceive defensive backs, staggered speed and changing acceleration through the pattern, even excellent control of his face — all contributed to his excellence on the field.”

Moss-Route-Running-1.gif

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Another nuance as explained by Greg Jennings:

“Randy Moss took this to another level on deep balls. Obviously, Randy was fast. But he also did something that most receivers can’t do because it’s such a difficult skill. Randy would turn and spot the ball in the air midway through his route, then he would take his eyes off the ball to run to where it was going to be, then he would turn his eyes back to the ball at the very last second and raise his arms to catch it.“

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And congratulations. You missed why I used that gif. Because he called Megatron overrated...your quarterback will forever be mired in mediocrity in my eyes.

*Shrug*
My apologies then.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Tillman used to play both Johnson and Moss real tough.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Anyone thinking about calling Megatron and making a 5th round offer to DET for the rights and bringing this poor bastard out of retirement?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone thinking about calling Megatron and making a 5th round offer to DET for the rights and bringing this poor bastard out of retirement?
He would watch Mitch, and laugh his ass off.