OT: Chicago Sports Radio

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Anybody still listening now a days? It's pretty much shit compared to the olden days, but I still tune in. I used to love 670, but it's pretty bad now. I liked Mac. Bernstein has no sense of humor anymore. Worst part is most shows rarely ever take callers.

I listen to 1000 more simply because they take callers. Jurko is a meatball, but I enjoy him. It's baffling to me that 670 still beats 1000 in ratings. The Score is such shit now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Given the Bulls are absolutely butt right now, nobody cares about the Blackhawks, and the two MLB teams in town have zero in their budgets this offseason, the only thing left to talk about are the 3 win Bears. And since nobody wants to talk about a 3 win team, they talk about Justin Fields. Now, I only listen from the time I get into my car after work until I pull into the driveway - a 30 minute drive.

You'd think at this point Parkins and Spiegel would have exhausted every angle on Justin Fields, but I'm sure soon enough they'll have a yoga and vegan expert on to talk about how that will effect Justin 10 years from now

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Anybody still listening now a days? It's pretty much shit compared to the olden days, but I still tune in. I used to love 670, but it's pretty bad now. I liked Mac. Bernstein has no sense of humor anymore. Worst part is most shows rarely ever take callers.

I listen to 1000 more simply because they take callers. Jurko is a meatball, but I enjoy him. It's baffling to me that 670 still beats 1000 in ratings. The Score is such shit now.
I literally listen passively and also actively intermittently throughout the day every day and most days also have the stream broadcast on one of my monitors or labtop at my trading and gambling workstation and enjoy the content almost 100% percent so I will never understand why anyone would resent it like you seem to appear to but maybe perhaps I am acturally someone whomst would be considered to be a hard-core scorehead?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

maybe they'd take more calls if the callers hadn't become so incredibly racist.

Bust

Liked Posts:

sports talk podcast has pretty much taken over sports talk radio, no?

podcasts for one have far less commercials which is a welcome break.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Sports writing is worse. I'll still listen to some sports talk in the background.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
sports talk podcast has pretty much taken over sports talk radio, no?

podcasts for one have far less commercials which is a welcome break.
?

I haven't listened to sports talk for a couple of decades. Too many commercials.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol I assume this is a joke. Although Bernstein and Holmes do love when they can find somebody to accuse of being racist.
not a joke at all, anyone who listens to the score regularly when there's callers can expect at least 2-3 racists a day, and that had a huge uptick in the last 6-7 years.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
not a joke at all, anyone who listens to the score regularly when there's callers can expect at least 2-3 racists a day, and that had a huge uptick in the last 6-7 years.
Huge exaggeration.

I know you aren't allowed to question Fields' football IQ on that crappy show. That makes you instantly a racist in their minds.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I listen to specific guests/topics through podcasts. No need to waste time listening to something I don't care about. When I do that, I generally like it.

Caller segments are the absolute worst though. 90% of it is either:
- I agree with what you said
- Guy doing a bit by making a stupid voice that he practiced in the shower that morning
- Truly awful sports take from someone that is incapable of higher level thought.

It used to be ok because they could at least make fun of the guy that did the third thing. Now even that has been toned down.

Plus 670 all the way.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I used to listen, online, back in the day. I stopped for a loooong time, after they got rid of Jason Goff. I only listen to them for Holmes, Bernstien, Rahimi, and Spiegs. Everyone else is boring as shit. Also, I don't blame them for the lack of calls. As a whole, most callers tend to be monumentally fucking stupid. So, there's that.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It used to be ok because they could at least make fun of the guy that did the third thing. Now even that has been toned down.

yep. in the new world order, anything you say there will always be someone who will be offended and take their gripes to social media, lol

It is what it is

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Anyone who prefers 1000 to 670 is confirmed a vegetable brain idiot.
It's more of a testament to what 670 has become. They decided to get rid of all humor. Prime B&B is absolutely untouchable. Obviously you couldn't do that radio now a days. Not taking callers means you miss out in radio like the clip below. You just don't find anything that hilarious on 670 anymore.