OT: Chicago Sports Radio

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to really enjoy Mully. Now he's like nails on a chalkboard to me. Haugh is probably fine, but being paired with Mully makes me not want to listen.

Bernstein and Holmes I like a lot better than I thought I would. I do wish they had Who ya crappin, but overall, I think the show is good and even better when Leila is there.

Parkins and Spiegel. It took me a long time to come around on Matt. I did not like him at all when he was paired with Mac (never been a Mac fan myself) , but started appreciating Spiegs with Goff, and now I really like him. Parkins... I like that he knows who he is and can lean into it for laughs.

Overall, I also like the trend towards smarter football talk. I feel like that shift really started about 10 or so years ago when Holmes put Bowen and Dan Durkin on and they would actually dig into route concepts and coverage shells. It makes me enjoy football a lot more.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Me @Chief Walking Stick and @Hawkeye sometimes listen to the score together in our discord chat. Smart sports radio unlocks a lot of great conversation among us elite posters
Lol at thinking 670 is smart radio. Bernstein and Rahimi unironically suggested a Dylan's Cease for Joc Pederson trade 2 years ago, and even said it wouldn't be enough for Joc Pederson. It ain't smart radio, bub.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's more of a testament to what 670 has become. They decided to get rid of all humor. Prime B&B is absolutely untouchable. Obviously you couldn't do that radio now a days. Not taking callers means you miss out in radio like the clip below. You just don't find anything that hilarious on 670 anymore.

They haven't gotten rid of all humor, it's just a different world and 670.
Lol at thinking 670 is smart radio. Bernstein and Rahimi unironically suggested a Dylan's Cease for Joc Pederson trade 2 years ago, and even said it wouldn't be enough for Joc Pederson. It ain't smart radio, bub.
IDK who either of those players are and don't care. 1000 is for super fan idiots who want hot takes and knee jerk reactions. 670 is for people who want to be informed. Glad to know you prefer the former. And for the record you've never even eaten savoy cabbage in your life!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

They're right though. There is not enough compensation in the world that can account for Braves legend, world champion, and elite necklace game Joc Pederson.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
They haven't gotten rid of all humor, it's just a different world and 670.

IDK who either of those players are and don't care. 1000 is for super fan idiots who want hot takes and knee jerk reactions. 670 is for people who want to be informed. Glad to know you prefer the former. And for the record you've never even eaten savoy cabbage in your life!
Of course you don't know who they are. Your brain simply isn't as big as mine.