OT: Colts 0-2

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How did the impeccable Chris Ballard-designed Colts end up 0-2? I thought he was the best GM in the game?

Surely the best GM in the league wouldn't hinge his team's SB hopes on a bum like Wentz right?

All joking aside, plenty of time for them to turn it around. But that roster doesn't look like a SB contender at all.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How did the impeccable Chris Ballard-designed Colts end up 0-2? I thought he was the best GM in the game?

Surely the best GM in the league wouldn't hinge his team's SB hopes on a bum like Wentz right?

All joking aside, plenty of time for them to turn it around. But that roster doesn't look like a SB contender at all.
They almost beat the SB rams.

But they are clearly no match for the first place bears

greg23

Liked Posts:
Vs best division in football in nfc west.

Doubt the bears win more than 1 game vs that division this year (and 0 is in play)

They're in a shit division so they just need to keep pace with the titans.....see what I did there?

;)

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Colts are a good team, but they simply don't stack up against top 10 teams. They will beat the bottom 20 teams consistently, but lose to top 10 consistently as well. They are a borderline playoff team, but no chance at making a run...they might not even be that though without Wentz

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have hard time believing they wouldn't part with at least a third round pick for Foles now. That price seems extremely cheap when you weigh the potential of it saving your otherwise doomed season.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have hard time believing they wouldn't part with at least a third round pick for Foles now. That price seems extremely cheap when you weigh the potential of it saving your otherwise doomed season.
Lol nobody could possibly think foles is saving anyone

greg23

Liked Posts:

Ballard vs Pace

Somehow we'll trade them Fools and picks ....and be on the hook for all of his salary.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Lol nobody could possibly think foles is saving anyone
That offensive coordinator literally won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles at quarterback. If you're the Colts you are quickly running out of options. Say what you will about Nick Foles, but he's gonna give you a better chance than Jacob Eason.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
at least a 3rd?

lol

is this real or just lonely trollin?
Oh OK then fine go waste a season with Jacob Eason throwing picks and fucking everything up because you couldn't give up some pick in the seventies or eighties.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
That offensive coordinator literally won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles at quarterback. If you're the Colts you are quickly running out of options. Say what you will about Nick Foles, but he's gonna give you a better chance than Jacob Eason.
Point taken but I dont think we would get a third rounder

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Point taken but I dont think we would get a third rounder
If I am the Colts I would just pay that price and try to save my season. That price is not so onerous that you'll be really kicking yourself for paying it, even if it doesn't work out.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If I am the Colts I would just pay that price and try to save my season. That price is not so onerous that you'll be really kicking yourself for paying it, even if it doesn't work out.
Cam Newton is free and likely at a minimum salary this year only.

Fools...should cost a pick and 2 year financial commitment

Plus if The Ginger is out we'll need Fools as the backup (and is Wentz out long term?)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cam wouldn't win on any roster. Dude is done.

But Ballard fucked up immensely by not trading up to get a QB in this draft and instead settled for Wentz. Again, they could turn it around but this is a roster that maxes out at 11 or 12 wins and never gets past the wildcard round. Kind of like the Texans(under Bill), although they made it to the divisional round by never seriously challenged any team

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They've had a tough schedule facing Seattle and LA Rams to start. But both were at home. Now they get 3 in a row, on the road, against teams that won 10 games last year (TEN, MIA, BAL).

greg23

Liked Posts:
Cam wouldn't win on any roster. Dude is done.

But Ballard fucked up immensely by not trading up to get a QB in this draft and instead settled for Wentz. Again, they could turn it around but this is a roster that maxes out at 11 or 12 wins and never gets past the wildcard round. Kind of like the Texans(under Bill), although they made it to the divisional round by never seriously challenged any team
Don't disagree...cam looks blah.

But he's an improvement over what they have and if Wentz isn't out long term he's a better short term guy vs that division

Rise

Liked Posts:
can they spare a cb?