OT: Cowboys release Jaylon Smith

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Looks like hes getting briggs fat and slow.. wonder if hes on those texas ribs..

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's he an upgrade over, Roquan? Ogletree? LMAO knock it off
Ogletree definitely.....he lost his job because he doesn't fit the scheme of new DC and Parsons pick....he hasn't played much....but yeah coming off 154 tackles and being an All Pro/Pro Bowler the year b4 means he is washed at 26 lol

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That knee injury was always going to be a long term concern. Looks to me like it's taken a bad turn.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pats have released Gilmore as well !

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Why did he get cut?? Seems like he’s been rather solid, if not above that
He's slow and target practice when he's on the field in pass plays and teams know it so they attack it. Like Danny T or Buster Skrine. He had an outstanding 2018 but kind of fell off after.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dude looks like Urlacher in his last season. That knee is shot and about to fall to pieces. Dallas is paying him his entire season's salary just to go away so that they are not on the hook for next season's salary when it shreds to bits.

Jaylon Johnson's knee:

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's a shocker. He had 154 tackles last year & was 1st team probowler the year before. Never been injured. He didn't fit Dan Quinn's new scheme apparently & they drafted Parson's, but they just released him which saves them nothing against the $10m cap hit & $7.2 (before guarantee's) salary.
Isn't he the guy that had the nerve issue in his foot that threatened his NFL career before it started?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ogletree definitely.....he lost his job because he doesn't fit the scheme of new DC and Parsons pick....he hasn't played much....but yeah coming off 154 tackles and being an All Pro/Pro Bowler the year b4 means he is washed at 26 lol

Are you pulling a REMY?

There are like 3-4 lowlights from this season, in this thread, that show he's bad. Guy's taking terrible angles and doesn't have the athletic ability to recover. You can't fix that.

Use your eyes, not PFF, which is just some guy Remy pays to use their eyes for him. Never understood the hype PFF got, its literally all subjective grading. It's no different than Maddens grades for players.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
PFF can highlight oorah plays and really bad whiffs. Just looking at the TV can tell you that. It doesn't reflect on silent screw ups. Where people don't cover their lanes, etc. The crowd sourcing has little idea which play is being called so they are not going to be privy to 90% of the info that coaches are.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone next to RO will look good. We need an athlete next to him which is what is making Ogletree look good compared to Danny T

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
PFF can highlight oorah plays and really bad whiffs. Just looking at the TV can tell you that. It doesn't reflect on silent screw ups. Where people don't cover their lanes, etc. The crowd sourcing has little idea which play is being called so they are not going to be privy to 90% of the info that coaches are.
I actually think pff can cover the silent mistakes and assignments although they have to look at everyone to assume assignments. I think the issue is if someone is in the right place 95% of the time maybe they grade fairly well even if that other 5% leads to disastrous plays. They probably can't weight a play for how big of an issue it creates. I could definitely be wrong though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think pff can cover the silent mistakes and assignments although they have to look at everyone to assume assignments. I think the issue is if someone is in the right place 95% of the time maybe they grade fairly well even if that other 5% leads to disastrous plays. They probably can't weight a play for how big of an issue it creates. I could definitely be wrong though.
they use crowd sourced info. Each play is graded. The crowd sourcing doesn't have the benefit of always knowing where the person is supposed to be....even the announcers are guessing sometimes....PFF player grading is unreliable at best...the value PFF provides is pre-snap placement stats and the periphery stats like pressures, etc......those are measurable to a better accuracy.