OT: Daboll impressive. Bills O is nuts

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I never moved any goalposts because I'm not half this thread. I'm responding to you. This is simple.

What is better to prove oneself:

Being an offensive coordinator where you control the whole offense, call the plays, run your system, in an environment where you are comfortable and with a great QB who you helped develop or

Follow the coach around, run his offense, maybe call plays (but probably not), have little control over the offense, in an new environment.

It's not a tough question. Helping to develop and then working with a great QB has never been an impediment to success for a coach. It's a huge part of the reason Daboll is going to be a head coach.
That’s the point. He’s already worked to develop Allen. Coming with Daboll and being the guy to develop Fields too…that’s gold. Continuing to keep Allen going isn’t going to add anything, especially when most believe it’s Allen leading it all.

Oh…how many teams and QBs has Daboll worked with to get his shot?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That’s the point. He’s already worked to develop Allen. Coming with Daboll and being the guy to develop Fields too…that’s gold.

Oh…how many teams and QBs has Daboll worked with to get his shot?
He got his shot by designing and running his offense, not someone else's. And what is getting him the HC looks is the good QB. Will be the same for whoever their next OC is if he does well, and you'd have to think that Dorsey fits right in.

Also those were Daboll's offenses on those other teams.

I guess I could see him following if he's a Nagy type, and in reality isn't able to do it on his own. But imo that's like hiding.

Last edited:

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Gotta also give some credit to that receiving corp on Buffalo, Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Knox, McKenzie, I wouldn't mind having just a few of those guys.

Bust

Liked Posts:
47-10 and they don't give Mitch any snaps ... ?

WOW! Poor Mitch

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He coached for Wilks for a while, not sure what his scheme was, Arians left after 2017 and Leftwich was there for 2018. He also followed a head coach around (after he was fired in AZ) not a coordinator to another job.
Again he was hired by Bruce Arians after 2017 Bruce Arians retired Wilkes inherited Leftwich and he was a quarterback coach until the final two months of the 2018 season when the OC mike McCoy was fired and they promoted Leftwich to finish the season at the end of the season Leftwich was fired. So he was a coordinator for Wilkes for two months. Wilkes didn’t hire him, he was Ariens guy he was left over and retained. They finished 3-13. His next coaching stop was with Ariens in Tampa.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Again he was hired by Bruce Arians after 2017 Bruce Arians retired Wilkes inherited Leftwich and he was a quarterback coach until the final two months of the 2018 season when the OC mike McCoy was fired and they promoted Leftwich to finish the season at the end of the season Leftwich was fired. So he was a coordinator for Wilkes for two months. Wilkes didn’t hire him, he was Ariens guy he was left over and retained. They finished 3-13. His next coaching stop was with Ariens in Tampa.
Yes I know. He's been an OC under Arians and briefly Wilks. He didn't follow a coordinator who became a HC to then become a coordinator. He was promoted to coordinator and then left to be coordinator under a different coach after he was fired. How is that analogous to Dorsey going with Daboll?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Given other places he’ll be interviewing, I can’t see him choosing the Bears and Fields.
Giants, Texans, Dolphins, Denver, maybe Raiders, JAX. I don't think any of those are objectively better situations.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
(It's been a few days)

(There's no way they remember all of what I've said)

(I'm gonna go for it)

(8k posts)

Canth

Liked Posts:
I posted this in the main HC/GM thread, but thought I would copy it here too as it pertains to DaBoll:

Huh, just looked more at DaBoll and his coaching history. I like that he has done more than coach QB's and been OC. He has history coaching WR's and TE's in addition to QB. He has been an OC in more than one place. I had forgotten that he was the OC for Alabama for a year in 2017. Now granted, Bama is stacked, but he did obviously have success there with Jalen Hurts and Tua being on a team that won a National Title.

I hadn't realized that he had spent as much time as he did with Belichick and the year with Saban. When you add that to his time with McDermott from the Reid coaching tree, he has certainly experienced a lot of different ideas and ways to get it done.

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
Bills were fuming over that 3 pass attempt performance and running game by Bill

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Giants, Texans, Dolphins, Denver, maybe Raiders, JAX. I don't think any of those are objectively better situations.
Yeah right. All are either better opportunities right now or will be very soon. All will have significantly better rosters with at least a few playmakers they can retain, better draft capital, better ownership.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Ken Dorsey is largely responsible for developing Josh Allen — he is the guy that works with Allen daily, ironing out his mechanics.

Daboll is ok. Personally I am not looking for another Coordinator to take over and be a “rookie” Head Coach. I want someone who has been in that position before.