OT: Daboll impressive. Bills O is nuts

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Your last question doesn’t have anything to do with daboll being legit or not. He might be. Certainly he deserves SOME credit for Allen’s development. The question is, how much credit? Tough to say
Not really. Developing Fields should be the #1 priority for the new HC or #2 if not #1. You can only hire who’s available, so it becomes a question of who offers more based on their resume.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Not really. Developing Fields should be the #1 priority for the new HC or #2 if not #1. You can only hire who’s available, so it becomes a question of who offers more based on their resume.

Well sort of. The HC has many responsibilities but it is the offensive staff that will do the developing.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well sort of. The HC has many responsibilities but it is the offensive staff that will do the developing.
Well Daboll has actually done it before. So he guarantees at least one guy on the hypothetical staff who can definitively say they’ve done it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Da bears daaaaboll

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The GM and HC have to be sold that fields is the guy without question moving forward. That’s not a given. If the GM isn’t convinced, the priority isn’t going to be hiring an offensive guy solely for fields.

Even if the GM is sold on fields, you still have to hire the best overall HC who might not be an offensive guy. Look no further than the chargers hiring staley. Tomlin is a defensive guy. Harbaugh….

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I thought this was going to be a close game. Woops.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The GM and HC have to be sold that fields is the guy without question moving forward. That’s not a given. If the GM isn’t convinced, the priority isn’t going to be hiring an offensive guy solely for fields.

Even if the GM is sold on fields, you still have to hire the best overall HC who might not be an offensive guy. Look no further than the chargers hiring staley. Tomlin is a defensive guy. Harbaugh….
Well then don’t hire guys who aren’t sold on Fields. That shouldn’t be an issue. Build around your QB.

There’s also no available potential HCs who are clearly a better HC candidate than Daboll. There are no guarantees. Other than Harbaugh, who I don’t think is coming, the closest one is is Flores. And based on his track record with OCs and some of the stuff that has come out of Miami I’m not so sure I trust him with my quarterback. At least with Dabboll you’re getting a good play caller on offense.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Guarantee all George sees is the Frazier shut out. Dreaming of him paired with Ireland

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well then don’t hire guys who aren’t sold on Fields. That shouldn’t be an issue. Build around your QB.

There’s also no available potential HCs who are clearly a better HC candidate than Daboll. There are no guarantees. Other than Harbaugh, who I don’t think is coming, the closest one is is Flores. And based on his track record with OCs and some of the stuff that has come out of Miami I’m not so sure I trust him with my quarterback. At least with Dabboll you’re getting a good play caller on offense.
I wouldn’t hate daboll but I’d be far from sold. But if the identified best GM isn’t sold on fields, you can’t pass on him right? Like if Rick smith said he’s interested but he’s not convinced on fields, you’d turn him down?

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Lol. We’re not hiring a GM that isn’t sold on Fields.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I wouldn’t hate daboll but I’d be far from sold. But if the identified best GM isn’t sold on fields, you can’t pass on him right? Like if Rick smith said he’s interested but he’s not convinced on fields, you’d turn him down?
I mean what’s the alternative? Is Dodds sold on Fields? Is Schoen sold on Fields? If those answers are yes, then hell yeah I pass. We don’t have a first round pick, makes finding a QB a hell of a lot harder.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You have to want the gm to be sold on fields. Now that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have backup plans in case he busts.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. It can be both and…