OT: Daboll impressive. Bills O is nuts

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah right. All are either better opportunities right now or will be very soon. All will have significantly better rosters with at least a few playmakers they can retain, better draft capital, better ownership.
The Giants, Jacksonville, and the Texans don't have better rosters or ownership than the Bears, at all. The Texans maybe have the worst ownership in all of pro sports.

Denver had a better overall roster but no QB. Miami if you like Tua but they are obviously a dumpster fire at the management level.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes I know. He's been an OC under Arians and briefly Wilks. He didn't follow a coordinator who became a HC to then become a coordinator. He was promoted to coordinator and then left to be coordinator under a different coach after he was fired. How is that analogous to Dorsey going with Daboll?
Gosh , smh.

I
The comment was “ following another offensive coach around and employing his scheme”

Nagy Followed an offfensive coach (Reid) around employing Reid’s offense until people thought he was capable of being a head coach himself.

Leftwich followed and offensive coach (Bruce Arians) around ( first to Arizona and then to Tampa) employing Ariens’ offense and now some people believe that he is ready to be a head coach.

Granted, Leftwich may not have employed Ariens O in Arizona he was actually running Mike McCoy‘s O in the final few games of the 2018 season that I don’t know why you want to give him credit for being a coordinator for those final six weeks, he was forced in by the OC getting fired and he was next man up and he was horrible The entire team was horrible.

Canth

Liked Posts:
If both Bears and Dolphins offer it’ll come down to QBs likely.

I wonder how much timing could come into play. Miami is just searching for a HC, so if they like a guy currently available, they could hire him now.

My hope with the Bears is that they hire the GM first. So, if the Bills make a deep playoff run, then DaBoll's availability will come several weeks from now. If the Bears really do like him, it gives them more time to evaluate the possible GMs.

The same would be true of Hackett if/when the Packers make a run.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Gosh , smh.

I
The comment was “ following another offensive coach around and employing his scheme”

Nagy Followed an offfensive coach (Reid) around employing Reid’s offense until people thought he was capable of being a head coach himself.

Leftwich followed and offensive coach (Bruce Arians) around ( first to Arizona and then to Tampa) employing Ariens’ offense and now some people believe that he is ready to be a head coach.

Granted, Leftwich may not have employed Ariens O in Arizona he was actually running Mike McCoy‘s O in the final few games of the 2018 season that I don’t know why you want to give him credit for being a coordinator for those final six weeks, he was forced in by the OC getting fired and he was next man up and he was horrible The entire team was horrible.
OK, sorry for not being more specific. Their situations are unlike Dorsey's in several ways that I've mentioned - Leftwich was away from Ariens for a year, he was fired, both guys were with their rabbi only when the rabbi was HC. Nagy followed Reid as a quality control guy and moved up really only within one org.

Also Ariens has said that the offense is all Leftwich's now.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buffalo is very talented, and they are missing a top 5 CB in the league. They have been lights out drafting over the last few years. IMO this game is shining a light on Joe Schoen as much as on Daboll.
Schoen is my top hope for GM,

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Posted this in the now dead in game thread, but I will repeat it here, regarding Daboll's offense tonight.

Buffalo did not punt, attempt a FG, turn the ball over, or turn it over on downs.

First team in NFL postseason history to do that.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Posted this in the now dead in game thread, but I will repeat it here, regarding Daboll's offense tonight.

Buffalo did not punt, attempt a FG, turn the ball over, or turn it over on downs.

First team in NFL postseason history to do that.
And against a pretty solid defense and hall of fame coach at that. Pretty damn impressive.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
That entire Bills team looked really impressive tonight, except the kicker missed 2 extra points

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I know we all can overreact, and Buffalo could follow this up with a poor offensive showing next week, and I am not catapulting Daboll to the top of the list for one game, but

After tonight, could you imagine interviewing Daboll and hiring Jim Caldwell?

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the playoff game and holy crap.

The bills do not have a great offensive line, but they play like their hair is absolutely on fire.

Just a ton of activity and energy and wow. It's like the entire offense was taking uppers.

Just really damn impressive stuff and I could easily see Justin Fields running the same offense...

I like you, @Mighty Joe Young

Good stuff. Saw highlights, exciting to see if that can happen here. McDermott is a defensive-minded coach, right? So Daboll isn't a product of his HC's playbook (like Reid to Nagy)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know we all can overreact, and Buffalo could follow this up with a poor offensive showing next week, and I am not catapulting Daboll to the top of the list for one game, but

After tonight, could you imagine interviewing Daboll and hiring Jim Caldwell?
I have never once overreacted on CCS. I take offense to that!