OT- Every NFL team's logo changes through the years, in one GIF

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
I have no idea how to post the actual GIF so I am just posting the link. Thought this was cool. Crazy that the two first teams were the Chicago Cardinals and the Bears. Basicially football is a game that 100% started in Chi-Town...I knew that the Bears were one of the charter orginizations but I didnt know that they were literally the first (and kind of the second considering the cardinals were the Chicago cardinals).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-through-the-years--in-one-gif-140942362.html

Every NFL team's logo changes through the years, in one GIF
By Frank Schwab
July 15, 2015 5:01 PM
Shutdown Corner

When an NFL franchise changes its primary logo or uniform design, it feels like a major event. In many ways, an NFL team's identity is tied to its logo.

Teams have freshened up their look through the years, with some teams doing it more than others. Ironically enough, the Boston Braves/Boston Redskins/Washington Redskins franchise has seemingly had the most logo changes, using 10 different primary logos over the years, although most of them have portrayed the same thing. No team in sports has had more discussion about changing their nickname than Washington's NFL franchise, though the team has been resistant to do so. The opposite end of the spectrum is Washington's rival, the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys have had just two logos, which are very similar, and the last change was 1964.

Yahoo Sports' Eric Orvieto has put together a GIF that shows the evolution of NFL logos for each of the 32 franchises. It's a great look at how things have changed — and strangely, it has usually gone from very elaborate to more simple as the years go on. A h/t goes to http://www.sportslogos.net/ and http://sportsteamhistory.com for all of the logos (check out their sites; they have amazing archives), and to Redditor gordontrue for the inspiration, by doing one on the NBA.

The GIF starts in 1920, with the Cardinals (Chicago at the time) and the Bears, expanding as franchises came into the NFL. You can see some odd iterations — the Steelers started off as the Pittsburgh Pirates, in 1943 the Steelers and Eagles briefly merged to become Phil-Pitt, otherwise known as the Steagles (you can see by the identical logos in the GIF), and in 1944 the Steelers and Chicago Cardinals briefly merged to become "Card-Pitt" - as we go through the history of NFL logos:

View photo
.The history of the NFL, as told through team logos through the years.
The history of the NFL, as told through team logos through the years.
yahoosports

140 notes

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'll help you out:

bbcbea735d4564d9264f7dd754d85df3

Being on this board without knowing how to gif is like wandering through life without a penis. I'll PM you how.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
One of those early Detroit logos looks like man-lion sex.

Also the first 49ers just looks like a drunk redneck with a gun.

Also also why was the earlier Browns logo an elf/dwarf? That could be the least intimidating logo of all time.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Thanks Pegger!! I have been wondering how to do it for a while not but didnt really want to be bothersome and ask people.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Also also why was the earlier Browns logo an elf/dwarf? That could be the least intimidating logo of all time.

Not if you are an Orc or troll tho'.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not if you are an Orc or troll tho'.

brah, I was busy banging chicks when you were playing D&D, so I have no idea what you mean...

Seriously though, we aren't talking about this

ologhaitroll.jpg

we are talking about this:

browns-mascot.jpg

Does this elfish thing have a ponch? Seriously I looks like his belly starts growing where his ass ends and his shoulders are the thinnest part of his entire frame.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
America in the 1930's was apparently insane.

Is there another kind of redneck?

I guess it's a "Brownie". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_%28folklore%29
A fucked up homo psycho brownie. Makes those boring ass Browns helmets look pretty good by comparison.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The 49ers early logo actually makes sense though; they were named after California prospectors -- the gold rush began in 1849 -- who were notoriously drunk and ill-tempered after all.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
brah, I was busy banging chicks when you were playing D&D, so I have no idea what you mean...

Seriously though, we aren't talking about this

ologhaitroll.jpg

we are talking about this:

browns-mascot.jpg

Does this elfish thing have a ponch? Seriously I looks like his belly starts growing where his ass ends and his shoulders are the thinnest part of his entire frame.

I donno, but I'm pretty sure he has a boner.