OT: Fisher to the Colts

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Colts signed T Eric Fisher to a one-year, $9.4 million contract.​

It's about $100,000 less than Fisher made in 2020. Landing Fisher, who started 113 of 117 games with Kansas City from 2013 to 2020, is a boon for Carson Wentz, who was under constant pressure last season in Philadelphia. Fisher will now protect Wentz' blindside in 2021 -- and beyond, if the team extends Fisher sometime this year. Pro Football Focus graded Fisher, 30, as 2020's 22nd best pass blocking tackle. He'll join an Indy offensive line graded as PFF's seventh best pass-blocking unit in 2020. The Athletic's Stephen Holder said Fisher, who suffered an Achilles injury in the 2020 postseason, is expected to be back to full health by the end of September. The Indianapolis Star's Jim Ayello said the team has no timeline on the veteran's return. It wouldn't be surprising if Fisher missed the season's first month -- maybe two.
Remember when people here said they wanted Fisher to as a bridge to Teven Jenkins at LT? Good times, good times.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears just couldn’t afford that, plus what are the odds he really is able to play the whole season at a high level? Don’t like the signing for the Colts, he won’t be 100% ready for another year if ever.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL the bears don't have enough cap space to sign their draft pool. Forget about free agency until after that's taken care of.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
As a KC fan, that deal is mindboggling. How you can pay a guy $9.4 million when he likely won't be ready to go at all next year, at least not until very late in the year. I read a study where the type of surgery he had would typically take nearly a year to recover from. That would keep him from returning at all in 2021. If the Chiefs thought there was any chance he could return for a decent season, they wouldn't have released him. (Glad they didn't, since they got Brown from the Ravens instead).

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
As a KC fan, that deal is mindboggling. How you can pay a guy $9.4 million when he likely won't be ready to go at all next year, at least not until very late in the year. I read a study where the type of surgery he had would typically take nearly a year to recover from. That would keep him from returning at all in 2021. If the Chiefs thought there was any chance he could return for a decent season, they wouldn't have released him. (Glad they didn't, since they got Brown from the Ravens instead).
Ballard never gets fleeced! He’ll be an all pro in ‘21