OT: Fox Sports 1

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody watch Fox Sports 1's equivalent if Sportscenter (it's called FoxSports Live) tonight in the network debut? I watched it and it was not to bad, obviously it had its flaws I mean it was only day 1 of the 1 but I liked it.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody watch Fox Sports 1's equivalent if Sportscenter (it's called FoxSports Live) tonight in the network debut? I watched it and it was not to bad, obviously it had its flaws I mean it was only day 1 of the 1 but I liked it.

Did they threaten a filibuster or NFL shutdown? :hitler:

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Did they threaten a filibuster or NFL shutdown? :hitler:

That's the problem with the FOX brand these days. Their terrible, horribly biased and intentionally misleading news channels makes it hard for anything else they produce to be taken seriously, or even believed. I always look at their programs and ask myself, "What's their agenda with this?"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That's the problem with the FOX brand these days. Their terrible, horribly biased and intentionally misleading news channels makes it hard for anything else they produce to be taken seriously, or even believed. I always look at their programs and ask myself, "What's their agenda with this?"
It's a sports network.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Anybody should try to find a balance between Fox and NBC as far as news. Fox is just expanding sports coverage and it will probably be poor this year. I don't think you should hate it because you hate the news channel's political agenda.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
These sportscasters on Fox Sports Live are not very good. They might need to be replaced. Other than that, looks pretty good.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
I watched a kick ass UFC fight card on that channel last night, that's for sure. The U.S. fighters cleaned house.

i'm still a newbie to ufc and mma in general but after seeing the way sonnen control the fight last night was shocking..especially since the only fights i seen of his he got destroyed

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anything is better than ESPN

GoBears

Liked Posts:
It's a sports network.

You are absolutely right but FOX NEWS is so self-serving that anything with the letters F-O-X makes me distrustful.

It's as irrational as ingesting poison and then being leery of the band, Poison, but FOX NEWS has hurt my country so much that just the brand name makes me suspicious.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are absolutely right but FOX NEWS is so self-serving that anything with the letters F-O-X makes me distrustful.

It's as irrational as ingesting poison and then being leery of the band, Poison, but FOX NEWS has hurt my country so much that just the brand name makes me suspicious.

Do you ever think for yourself?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

It's a sports network.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I always laugh at people who get upset at fox news, because the same claims can be made about CNN and MSNBC on the flip side of the coin.

I find that all news is inherently biased, and people watch the news not to actually get the truth of whats reported, but to have whats reported done so in such a way to make themselves not have to question their own preconceived notions.

I can watch just about any news agency just fine, and take all reports with a grain of salt and a watchful eye.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I caught some of it, and thought it was a little weird. They had Donovan McNabb, Andy Roddick (the fuck is he doing there?), Gary Payton, and some ex-Football player I don't know on to answer questions. Talk about the most random group you could ever assemble.

It'll never take the place of ESPN unless it gets the rights to the sports we actually care about.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I watched a kick ass UFC fight card on that channel last night, that's for sure. The U.S. fighters cleaned house.

The camera angles were awesome also...

They had a few views that put you right in the action... and it was crystal clear...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Fox news is especially terrible, it can't be compared to the like s of CNN or MSNBC.

When they called Obamas dap with Michelle a 'terrorist fist bump', and more recently the shameful interview they conducted with reza aslan is beyond the pail

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm still a newbie to ufc and mma in general but after seeing the way sonnen control the fight last night was shocking..especially since the only fights i seen of his he got destroyed

Love the ufc. Wasn't surprised sonnen won. He's always been really good in non-title fights. And shogun has been on a huge decline the last couple years. Badly conditioned and always gasses in his fights. He's way past his prime.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Fox news is especially terrible, it can't be compared to the like s of CNN or MSNBC.

When they called Obamas dap with Michelle a 'terrorist fist bump', and more recently the shameful interview they conducted with reza aslan is beyond the pail

Oh sure it can. Trust me. You just dont see it because CNN fits with your own mental agendas.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Do you ever think for yourself?

Some might believe because I think for myself, I have so much distrust for the news network.

I am an admittedly weak on football. I've watched the Bears for 30 years but I've never really dug into tomes dedicated to football strategy, etc. And my trivia knowledge regarding the sport is horrible.

However, you might be surprised at my political acumen.

Quite frankly, when it comes to news, if you want to read about it first, you have to follow media outside of radio and network news. If you want accurate and insightful political analysis, there are a number of websites that can be far more informative then anything the news on tv delivers.

Pundits such as Hannity and Todd are utter hacks for their networks. Nothing useful comes out of their mouths. Anchors like Kelly, Williams, Sawyer, are equally worthless. The days of anchors having political clout, ie. "if I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America" are long, long gone.

I now return you to your football forum!