Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
At first I thought the guy in the Tom Cruise members only jacket was Gardiners dad. And then i realized it was Gardiner. And I was like This makes way more sense to me now that I know who is who.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At first I thought the guy in the Tom Cruise members only jacket was Gardiners dad. And then i realized it was Gardiner. And I was like This makes way more sense to me now that I know who is who.
Same. Was confused then releaved.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good for him man. Some desperate team is going to trade for him this off season I bet. Just not enough good quarterbacks to go around and I'm willing to bet someone is going to be willing to pony up a second rounder or a third to take a swing with him again.

That's what this start did for him. I bet it gives him a chance at a second life at starting in the NFL.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Good for him man. Some desperate team is going to trade for him this off season I bet. Just not enough good quarterbacks to go around and I'm willing to bet someone is going to be willing to pony up a second rounder or a third to take a swing with him again.

That's what this start did for him. I bet it gives him a chance at a second life at starting in the NFL.
It was against the Jets. He’s a backup.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Has anyone ever told you that you have a most profound grasp of things conspicuously discernable?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It was against the Jets. He’s a backup.

I know that. But tell that to a qb-starved team who has no shot at one in the first round.

A performance like that, even against the Jets, can have a desperate team hoping he's the next Ryan Tannehill.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know that. But tell that to a qb-starved team who has no shot at one in the first round.

A performance like that, even against the Jets, can have a desperate team hoping he's the next Ryan Tannehill.

You're right it was a good performance, he had 242 yards, which is just bordering elite territory on the Brainblow scale.

He did, however have a fumble. Due to that, we have to decrease his yardage by 50 on the brainblow scale.

He did however have a yards per attempt of 9.4, which is another important brainblow metric. Shockingly, this would put him at #1 in the league!

So upon my calculations, based on the brainblow performance scale, Gardner Minshew is set to become an elite NFL QB.....that or a a bus boy somewhere because he fumbled.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're right it was a good performance, he had 242 yards, which is just bordering elite territory on the Brainblow scale.

He did, however have a fumble. Due to that, we have to decrease his yardage by 50 on the brainblow scale.

He did however have a yards per attempt of 9.4, which is another important brainblow metric. Shockingly, this would put him at #1 in the league!

So upon my calculations, based on the brainblow performance scale, Gardner Minshew is set to become an elite NFL QB.....that or a a bus boy somewhere because he fumbled.

All mocking aside, all I am saying is that in a league that gives Cam Newton, Jamais Winston, and had given Brock Osswieller multiple chances, that a performance like that will make another team who has no QB and no shot at one in the top 15 of next year's draft possibly willing to take a flyer on the guy, whereas before that performance, he likely would have been thought of as nothing more than a backup for all 32 teams.

That's all I am saying - the guy potentially gave himself a chance to start somewhere in the league next year.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Probably the next Ryan Fitzpatrick—best journeyman option that racks up 25k+ yards hopping across teams for the next decade.

He's better than what Denver, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Washington are throwing out there now or have lined up for the future as borderline playoff teams. Maybe even New Orleans or Cleveland. Or a seat warmer for Detroit or Houston.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Actually put up pretty decent stats. Career 94 QBR. Very likely he will get a chance to compete for a starting job again.

Jags likely only went with Lawrence because he was a generational talent. Had they not had #1 overall I they might have gone in a different direction in the draft and Gardener would have started for them this season.