OT help coming soon.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yeah, this season has been low production completely due to him.

it doesn’t matter that he plays for a shit coach, a shit system, with a shit offensive line, and a rookie QB that is playing behind said shit o line

but yeah, he suddenly just isn’t producing. Gee, I wonder why ?
ARob is a great WR. That’s my opinion. But he is not elite. He is just not one of those guys like Hopkins or Julio from a few years ago or Megatron. He just isn’t. No elite speed or physical attributes. He is a fantastic possession receiver. He is not worth the $20m/per he was reportedly seeking. Use that to invest in the OL.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
LMAO @ Bears fans that think ARob is irreplaceable.

Uncoverable speed like Tyreek Hill? Nope.
Insane ball skills like Hopkins? Nope.
Physical specimen like DK Metcalf? Nope.
A hard blocking max effort type guy like Hines Ward? Nope.

I'd love to hear what specifically is so irreplaceable about ARob.

His tape this season says otherwise. ?‍♂️

Ah yes, it'll be Bernard Berrian all over again.. how will we ever recover?!? lol

everything considered, every GM in the NFL would take Mooney over Robinson.

18 million per year???? I wouldn’t have tagged him! Offensive line would be much more important than slow possession receiver.

he won’t get ten million next year and teams will have a lot more money. His lack of speed is going to show so much more these next two to three years.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
If borom comes back can he please help at rt bc peters is by far the better tackle Ober the other options.

Borom will be an absolute stud!

Jenkins I don’t know anything about really.

then we have the problem with the center getting so much push back into the qb, brady has said that you can’t have pressure from the middle then you’re screwed.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see them keep Borom at LT and let him learn one position. He was at LT all training camp because of the Jenkins injury, and I thought he looked good in the snaps he got against the Rams when Peters went down. It's enticing to throw him back at RT now because of the circumstances, but I'd stick with Bars, and then when Jenkins comes back, he should be their starting RT.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh the guy is currently sleep walking thru the season as the 71st ranked WR in the league with 23 catches, 250 yards, and 1 whole TD but sure, let's keep pretending he's still a top 10 WR in the league.... ?

The harsh reality is the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" business and lately ARob looks like "just another guy" out there going thru the motions collecting a paycheck. He's shown literally nothing this year to warrant the contract he's looking for.

20+ million for a glorified possession receiver with an oversized ego? No thanks.

Spend that money literally anywhere else where the ROI actually makes sense.
Should probably offer a 2023 4th for Mahomes if that’s how it works then

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
ARob is a great WR. That’s my opinion. But he is not elite. He is just not one of those guys like Hopkins or Julio from a few years ago or Megatron. He just isn’t. No elite speed or physical attributes. He is a fantastic possession receiver. He is not worth the $20m/per he was reportedly seeking. Use that to invest in the OL.
Whether or not he’s worth that kind of money wasn’t really a topic of discussion. I was merely responding to someone claiming ARob is mediocre…and he isn’t. While I agree he isn’t Nuke or Julio or Megatron in their prime, he’s still an absolute stud WR

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I know that Arob is a really good receiver but I've gotten so tired of his lack of effort over the last couple years. He consistently dives down on catches on slants because he's scared of contact. His blocking is embarrassing. His stopping his route twice in the packers game instead of continuing to run almost cost 2 interceptions. I've seen him a few times the last few weeks run lazy slow routes (I assume he is not the primary read and doesn't care to run crisp routes in that case). I think the money can absolutely be spent better elsewhere

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Whether or not he’s worth that kind of money wasn’t really a topic of discussion. I was merely responding to someone claiming ARob is mediocre…and he isn’t. While I agree he isn’t Nuke or Julio or Megatron in their prime, he’s still an absolute stud WR still
Can’t argue with that.