OT: How good are the Jets with Aaron Rodgers?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think they will be marginal and this trade will end up being considered a disaster for the jets in the end. They won’t be winning any super bowls, which is the only reason this would make sense

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If Tua's brain doesn't get scrambled the Fins walk away with the division. Adding Fangio as DC is one of the best moves any team made this off-season. We go to 3-4 games a season and that is a seriously talented roster.

mecha

Liked Posts:
My question is... do I want Rodgers to fail with Jets because of dislike for Rodgers? Or do I want Rodgers to light it up with the Jets and spite the Packers. ??
Rodgers crash and burn. Packers under Love may be a whole other dumpster fire. both may flourish. we don't know yet.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers dragged talentless Packers rosters to routine division championshisp. Now to be fair it was the short bus division, but three thirteen win seasons before this last one is pretty impressive.

This idea that they should be happy with a wild card is really stupid. You don't trade a first and a second for wild card. The Jets are trying to win it all right now, and honestly I don't see anyone better positioned than them to do it aside from the Bengals.
Yeah that Kansas City team sucks…

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If Tua's brain doesn't get scrambled the Fins walk away with the division. Adding Fangio as DC is one of the best moves any team made this off-season. We go to 3-4 games a season and that is a seriously talented roster.
Agreed. That coaching staff is top notch with talent abound.

It’s a shame it all hinges on Tua’s head injuries

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

2023 New York Jets Schedule​

DateOpponentTime/TVTickets
Date TBAView attachment 28586Washington CommandersMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Thursday
Aug. 3
View attachment 28587at Cleveland Browns (Preseason)Tom Benson HOF Stadium, Canton, OH8:00pm ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28588at Dallas CowboysAT&T Stadium, Arlington, TXTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28589at Denver BroncosEmpower Field at Mile High, Denver, COTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28590at Las Vegas RaidersAllegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NVTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28591at Miami DolphinsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28592at New England PatriotsGillette Stadium, Foxborough, MATime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28593at New York GiantsMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28594Buffalo BillsMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28595Miami DolphinsMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28596New England PatriotsMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28597Kansas City ChiefsMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28598Los Angeles ChargersMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28599Philadelphia EaglesMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28600at Buffalo BillsHighmark Stadium, Orchard Park, NYTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28601at Cleveland BrownsFirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OHTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28602Houston TexansMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Date TBAView attachment 28603Atlanta FalconsMetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJTime TBATV TBABuy Tickets
Minus those last three games, it's not looking pretty.... I think he's going to be second guessing himself, by November. That is a brutal ass schedule.

He could realistically be fighting to stay above .500

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Seems like a year that one of Rodgers’ collarbones breaks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What defense do the Fins run? If they run a 4-3, they might have some problems transitioning to a base 3-4. I agree that it was a great decision. Fangio knows how to create a great defense though it might take him a year to get the type of players he likes.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah that Kansas City team sucks…
In my mind, I read Monty's comment like Jets and Bengals have the best chance to dethrone the defending champions.

I may have created that in my mind though.

mecha

Liked Posts:
What defense do the Fins run? If they run a 4-3, they might have some problems transitioning to a base 3-4. I agree that it was a great decision. Fangio knows how to create a great defense though it might take him a year to get the type of players he likes.
the google seems to indicate the Dolphins were one of the 3-4 teams. their defense was pretty poor last season, so they might not turn into world beaters overnight.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Aaron Rodgers dragged talentless Packers rosters to routine division championshisp. Now to be fair it was the short bus division, but three thirteen win seasons before this last one is pretty impressive.

This idea that they should be happy with a wild card is really stupid. You don't trade a first and a second for wild card. The Jets are trying to win it all right now, and honestly I don't see anyone better positioned than them to do it aside from the Bengals.

except the Chiefs and the Bills and the Eagles
and maybe the Dolphins and the 49ers and the Chargers
and really the Cowboys and the Jaguars and the Ravens are all on a level if we're talking hopes and dreams and not facts.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Depends which Rodgers they get. If he is motivated they could be really good. I’d still bet on the Bills taking the division though. Dolphins I think are 3rd and the Pats 4th.

If I had to bet today I’d say a wild card team, out in the 2nd round.

I think it will interesting to see how Rodgers handles or gets handled by the NY media as well. Especially if he doesn't return to form, that could get ugly fairly quickly. And I don't think he is used to that kind of pressure either.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
The reality is we may never find out.. as the NFL can't begin the season until the draft has been held, and we obviously have no idea when (or if) that will actually take place.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My question is... do I want Rodgers to fail with Jets because of dislike for Rodgers? Or do I want Rodgers to light it up with the Jets and spite the Packers. ??
17-0 Reg season, lose first playoff game. Win-win!

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:
Pretty talented roster, largely held back by the QB position. I think they'll get a WC spot. And as much as I hate to say it, if Rodgers finds chemistry, I wouldn't be surprised to see them push the Bills for the division.

Your thoughts?

Post this crap on the Jets board and ask them. Who cares

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Might give them a one year run at it. Feel like it’s an overpay for a flaky guy that might dip next season. But if they get that superbowl it’s worth it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
except the Chiefs and the Bills and the Eagles
and maybe the Dolphins and the 49ers and the Chargers
and really the Cowboys and the Jaguars and the Ravens are all on a level if we're talking hopes and dreams and not facts.
Chiefs, really hard to repeat. Not impossible, but they lost a few key players and their replacements might not pan out right away. Again, its brutal to repeat.

Bills, not a believer. Could miss the playoffs. This happens every year in the NFL.

Eagles, a threat for sure. I don't think they get another year like the one they just got out of Jalen Hurts or particularly their defensive line, though.

Fins, lol sure I guess. Not what I'd call likely.

Niners, sure. Their problems at quarterbacks are real problems though

Chargers, what? Lame duck coach. No way.

Cowboys, Jags and Ravens. Dumb.