OT: J Williams out for Camp

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The if healthy part has to be scary for any Lions fan. Trading up 20 spots for an injured player is a huge gamble.
Yeah, the trade up for a WR, let alone one with that injury, was surprising. Still, IF he heals up, he will be a beast for a long time.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the trade up for a WR, let alone one with that injury, was surprising. Still, IF he heals up, he will be a beast for a long time.
IF they get a QB capable of getting the ball to him…

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The if healthy part has to be scary for any Lions fan. Trading up 20 spots for an injured player is a huge gamble.
It didn't cost much (the trade) and it's not much different from a risk perspective than Jenkins was. Article only states he won't be a full participant at the beginning of camp, not that he will miss all of TC. None of this has anything to do with his recovery, which is ahead of schedule, rather the Lions taking the cautious approach.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It didn't cost much (the trade) and it's not much different from a risk perspective than Jenkins was. Article only states he won't be a full participant at the beginning of camp, not that he will miss all of TC. None of this has anything to do with his recovery, which is ahead of schedule, rather the Lions taking the cautious approach.

Doesnt say he is ready but they are being cautious. Campbell flat out says they were hopeful or optimistic but he is not ready.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Did not say anything about the cost of the trade, just that it is a gamble to trade up for any player coming off a serious injury. Both the Bears and Lions have seen that kind of gamble go south in a hurry.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
An ACL rehab ‘ahead of schedule’ lmao where have I heard this before?

Canth

Liked Posts:
An ACL rehab ‘ahead of schedule’ lmao where have I heard this before?

Yeah, kinda like how every single surgery was successful. Although I guess that is technically correct, "Yes, we successfully cut him open and did stuff".

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
How was this kid not a Bear? Seems like that kind of pick is a Bear speciality.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'm pretty sure the article clearly stated that he is the next Kevin White. True or nah?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
maybe his knee wouldn't hurt if his gait wasn't so bad? who stand toes pointed out like that?
Dude is 6'2" 179 dripping wet. no way he survives long in the NFL.

1655039229528.png

This is a few years back but still kinda makes the point. J. Williams would have a 2.42 LB per inch. He is off the scales skinnhy.

1655039463128.png

1655039854550.png

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dude is 6'2" 179 dripping wet. no way he survives long in the NFL.

View attachment 20288

This is a few years back but still kinda makes the point. J. Williams would have a 2.42 LB per inch. He is off the scales skinnhy.

View attachment 20291

View attachment 20292

Damn had to look it up to see if you were trolling.

Dude literally is a toothpick. Don't think there are even nba guards skinnier than him.

Shit I remember people saying DeSean Jackson and Randy Moss were twigs, this dude is in a whole diff league. One good hit and he's going to be eating thru a straw.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Damn had to look it up to see if you were trolling.

Dude literally is a toothpick. Don't think there are even nba guards skinnier than him.

Shit I remember people saying DeSean Jackson and Randy Moss were twigs, this dude is in a whole diff league. One good hit and he's going to be eating thru a straw.
I thought the same thing about DeVonta Smith at 6-0 168 and he did survive his rookie year. Difference is Smith never has had an injury while Williams is coming off that ACL.