OT: Jamal Adams to the Seahawks

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's definitely more than what the Bears gave up for Mack.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Its similar to what we paid for Mack.

if they keep him for his entire career, its probably going to be worth it in that conference

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Jets should trade Darnold and just star tanking for Trevor Lawrence..

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Its similar to what we paid for Mack.

if they keep him for his entire career, its probably going to be worth it in that conference
We got a 2nd round pick back so no it isn't. We got a better player at a position of greater value for less. And if Jamal Adam gets paid more than Eddie Jackson even worse of a value for them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Jamal Adams is not the same type of impact player that Khalil Mack is. Simply because he’s a safety.
Right, but watching what most of us wanted to be our first round pick instead of Mitch getting two firsts, while our highly touted second rounder gets moved for a conditional 6th would have still been a smarter move.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Right, but watching what most of us wanted to be our first round pick instead of Mitch getting two firsts, while our highly touted second rounder gets moved for a conditional 6th would have still been a smarter move.
This is revisionist history. All pace had to do was him homework in 2017 and we would be the Kansas City Chiefs right now. Mahomes / Watson and this defense could have been the next dynasty.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
That is a lot to give up for safety! You have to figure that a team only gives up a haul like that if they think that player makes it a legitimate super bowl contender. Is Jamal Adams really that player? Is any safety?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. I'm what direction the Bears go when they pick 32nd. /end sarcasm
Well, that is good, because if/when the Cap drops to 175 mil next year, the Bears window is essentially over /end sarcasm.

EdxrYA9WoAADLrC

But in all seriousness, I am curious, if no College football is played in 2020, will that effect the "value" of a 1st round draft pick?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a lot to give up for safety! You have to figure that a team only gives up a haul like that if they think that player makes it a legitimate super bowl contender. Is Jamal Adams really that player? Is any safety?
It is a disservice to label Jamal Adams as just a "safety". Take a look at the positions he has lined up in over his NFL carreer:

Edge - 318
LB - 1,099
SS - 328
FS - 868

Not to mention he had 6.5 sacks last year.

Last edited:

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
My sources are telling me that Adams saw Shaheen come to the division and then he pressed his agent to get a deal done ASAP #hedidntwantthatsmoke