OT: Jeff Samardzija

Fred

New member
982
7
0
I made this post on thesportsstuff.com in March:

http://thesportspodcasters.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13138

Just as true today. What the hell has this guy done to deserve a start in the majors? Absolutely nothing. He went to Notre Dame, he was signed to a pathetic, ridiculous contract for a 5th round pick, and he's been promoted at every level, despite numbers that don't deserve promotions. It's no wonder we haven't won a Championship in over 100 years. I've seen all my life, with Brant Brown given starts ahead of Brooks Kieshnick, to N. Perez given 200 at bars before Theriot.

Samardzija's ERA before today was over 6. He didn't deserve a start. Yet they gave him a start.

When is this team, that I love so much, going to finally start giving spots to guys who earn it? I don't give a crap how much a guy makes. There is no good reason for Jake Fox not to be playing more too.
 

Newskoolbulls

New member
2,897
6
0
Fred wrote:
I made this post on thesportsstuff.com in March:

http://thesportspodcasters.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13138

Just as true today. What the hell has this guy done to deserve a start in the majors? Absolutely nothing. He went to Notre Dame, he was signed to a pathetic, ridiculous contract for a 5th round pick, and he's been promoted at every level, despite numbers that don't deserve promotions. It's no wonder we haven't won a Championship in over 100 years. I've seen all my life, with Brant Brown given starts ahead of Brooks Kieshnick, to N. Perez given 200 at bars before Theriot.

Samardzija's ERA before today was over 6. He didn't deserve a start. Yet they gave him a start.

When is this team, that I love so much, going to finally start giving spots to guys who earn it. I don't give a crap how much a guy makes. There is no good reason for Jake Fox not to be playing playing more.


LOL you think you have it bad my Mets had some very crazy starters the past two years.
 

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
4,459
1,155
0
Fred wrote:
I made this post on thesportsstuff.com in March:

http://thesportspodcasters.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13138

Just as true today. What the hell has this guy done to deserve a start in the majors? Absolutely nothing. He went to Notre Dame, he was signed to a pathetic, ridiculous contract for a 5th round pick, and he's been promoted at every level, despite numbers that don't deserve promotions. It's no wonder we haven't won a Championship in over 100 years. I've seen all my life, with Brant Brown given starts ahead of Brooks Kieshnick, to N. Perez given 200 at bars before Theriot.

Samardzija's ERA before today was over 6. He didn't deserve a start. Yet they gave him a start.

When is this team, that I love so much, going to finally start giving spots to guys who earn it? I don't give a crap how much a guy makes. There is no good reason for Jake Fox not to be playing more too.

I agree that Jeff should not have gotten the start but honestly who else was going to? Z, Lilly, & now Gorzelany are all on the DL. The Cubs are running out of starting pitchers. Jeff was starting in AAA before his last call-up so he was already stretched out. I'm not his biggest fan, but the kid does have some good stuff, he just lacks any sort of control.

My biggest problem with this team in general is the absolute lack of passion for the game. I have never seen as talented a Cubs roster as this on paper that simply just doesn't give a damn at all. Koyie Hill, D-Lee, Theriot, Fox, & Wells are the only players I have any sort of respect for on this team now. They are out there working hard & trying to make a difference while it seems everyone else is just going through the motions. I'm happy Bradley is hitting now, but his attitude is ridiculous & I'm sick of watching him mope around all the time.
 

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
4,459
1,155
0
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Did you see that Cubs fan who threw that beer on Shane Victorino tonight?

Shameless. That's a big reason why I hate alot of Cub fans. And I'm a Cubs fan. It ridiculous some of the shit that goes on in those bleachers. Any Cub fan can tell you, there's never a shortage of drunks in the bleachers. I know. I've been one of them on many occasions.

1 Bleacher ticket @ Wrigley Field: $75
Drinking since batting practice: $70
Gaining national attention for pouring beer on an oppposing outfielder: Priceless
 

Newskoolbulls

New member
2,897
6
0
Diddy1122 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Did you see that Cubs fan who threw that beer on Shane Victorino tonight?

Shameless. That's a big reason why I hate alot of Cub fans. And I'm a Cubs fan. It ridiculous some of the shit that goes on in those bleachers. Any Cub fan can tell you, there's never a shortage of drunks in the bleachers. I know. I've been one of them on many occasions.

1 Bleacher ticket @ Wrigley Field: $75
Drinking since batting practice: $70
Gaining national attention for pouring beer on an oppposing outfielder: Priceless


Do they eject alot of fans?
 

Fred

New member
982
7
0
That jerk wasn't a Cub fan. I don't think that there a lot of real Cubs fans these days in the bleachers. As bad as it was, does it compare to the Ligue clan attacking an umpire at the Cell a few years back? Can we condemn the entire Sox nation as a bunch of morons? Of course not...but if you want to I won't stop you.
 

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
4,459
1,155
0
Fred wrote:
That jerk wasn't a Cub fan. I don't think that there a lot of real Cubs fans these days in the bleachers. As bad as it was, does it compare to the Ligue clan attacking an umpire at the Cell a few years back? Can we condemn the entire Sox nation as a bunch of morons? Of course not...but if you want to I won't stop you.

I know he wasn't a true Cub fan, more like a drone Cub fan, which populates 80-90% of the bleachers. Overpriced beer, shitty food, the worst toilets of any stadium, it's a wonder I even go to games there anymore.

But happy times are coming....Bears vs. Bills, Saturday, 6pm CT. Thank you God.
 

hardguy

New member
23
0
0
Samardzija would do this town more good in burbonnais right now. Also is it me or does the pitching motion of our closer Kevin Gregg make him look like he's just throwing batting practice or one of those guys throwing to the home run derby participants at all star games.
 

brett05

867-5309
27,241
-1,264
105
Fred wrote:
That jerk wasn't a Cub fan. I don't think that there a lot of real Cubs fans these days in the bleachers.


As Fred has apparently forgotten, the bleachers are first come first serve. Almost for certain the first few rows are always Cub Fans. No casual fan is getting there hours early before the park even opens to get front row seating.
As bad as it was, does it compare to the Ligue clan attacking an umpire at the Cell a few years back? Can we condemn the entire Sox nation as a bunch of morons?

No Fred, you could not. One might be able to, but not likely you. The incident you referenced was done by a Cub Fan. He got drunk at the day game at Wrigley and then hit the Cell for a double header and apparently a trip to the clink. But hey, you can't remember everything. Cub fans rarely do.
 

Top