OT: Jets fire DC after Blitz Yesterday

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't know how many of you were watching Jets-Raiders (probably not many), but I happened to catch the last few minutes. Jets made a furious comeback and were in position to win their first and likely only game of the season. Probably 20 seconds left, Jets up by four, Raiders on the Jets' 46 with no timeouts.

First play, 2nd and 10 after first down spike, Carr roles a little right to escape some traffic and heaves it into the endzone in the middle of the field to Algholor, who is a step behind the safety. Overthrown by a couple steps. The replay inexplicable shows the safety sitting at about the 20 with no one behind him, Algholor split the safety and corner who were in deep thirds but no one was really protecting deep. WTF?

Third and ten the Jets for some crazy reason send 7 guys and play cover zero. Carr throws a balloon up the left side to Ruggs who beat his man by two steps on a brief double, and of course since cover zero there is NO SAFETY HELP AT ALL Ruggs for the easy TD. They were even spying a LB on Derek Carr, with no timeouts and 30 seconds to go. It was essentially a hail mary but the receiver was wide open.

When I watched it in real time I was totally stunned, and the only answer I could come up with was that they were trying to lose to preserve the #1 pick. I was wrong. Their DC is that stupid.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I thought it was tanking by the Jets. Let the same thing happen twice in a row with zero safety help? I watched it live too and my friends and I couldn't believe it. Our best guess was the Jets see the one-win Jaguars as a threat for Lawrence.

For them to fire their DC to try and cover for the fact that they threw that game in the final seconds is extremely unprofessional. I hope prospective candidates take note.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I like how the highlights for the game are basically a series of blunders.

mecha

Liked Posts:
People are annoyed by this in some quarters other than Jets fans who have a multitude of picks, are ridding themselves of a delusional cunt in Gase at the end of the season and have hope.

Who fucking cares? Greg Williams is a washed out old coach whose legacy is bountygate.

I honestly don't know how the league let him come back from that. also I'm one of the OGs that said Gase sucked balls years ago. #NeverForget

mecha

Liked Posts:
being a Bears fan isn't so bad I don't think.