OT: LaFleur Power Play

kg1187

Liked Posts:
I was about to say that Rodgers contract two years from now will be very team friendly to whoever trades for him. Packers could clear a ton of space and get pretty nice pick(s) for him. If Love is ready you do it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
They get him on a "rookie contract" for 2 more years. The 5th year would still be about 28m at that point, if not more.

And yes, it is a ton of money, it's more than Zadarius Smith averages for his contract.

17m could sign them an ARob type WR.

Eddie Jackson is only making 14m.

Its a ton of money.

It's a ton of money today. I doubt it stings that bad after the new CBA when we will see record setting contracts like crazy.

17 million is basically half of what the top QB's make today. Sure, you can use that 17 million to buy another free agent or sign homegrown talent, and that is the loss. However, with a rookie on a rookie contract when that would be surrendered it would still equal less than the top paid quarterbacks when the two numbers are combined.

Loves projected contract is 12.4 million, for the whole contract without the 5th year. Add the 17 million to that (29.4 million total) and it is still less than the top QB's for one year today.

For reference: 2020 NFL Draft First-Round Rookie Salary Projections: What Burrow, Tua And Chase Young Will Make

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Favre has joined the fray

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Please please let Rodgers come here to get revenge

Honestly, I don't think it would ever work. If there was ever a situation that would blow up in the Bears faces it would be Rodgers being a Bear.

Do not misunderstand that I think he is a great quarterback, and I understand and fancy the thought of plugging him in when he was in his prime right here. I just get that sinking feeling that it would end up bad if it happened today.