OT: Lawyer: Erin Andrews to sue over nude video

RPK

Liked Posts:
Couldn't they just have waited till she was broke and HAD to do playboy like so many of our favorite 80's pop singers?

The sports world's obsession with Erin Andrews has taken a disturbing turn.

Andrews has worked at ESPN since 2004. (Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images)

A lawyer for the popular ESPN sideline reporter says that she was unwittingly videotaped through a peephole in a hotel room without her consent and that she intends to take legal action against the still unknown perpetrators.

The video, which was later posted on the Internet, showed a woman in the nude. Reports say the initial video posting made no direct reference to Andrews being that woman, but her attorney later confirmed it.

"While alone in the privacy of her hotel room, Erin Andrews was surreptitiously videotaped without her knowledge or consent," Andrews' attorney, Marshall B. Grossman, said in a statement via PR Newswire. "She was the victim of a crime and is taking action to protect herself and help ensure that others are not similarly violated in the future. Although the perpetrator or perpetrators of this criminal act have not yet been identified, when they are identified she intends to bring both civil and criminal charges against them and against anyone who has published the material. We request respect of Erin's privacy at this time, while she and her representatives are working with the authorities."

It was not clear from the reports what hotel the video was filmed in or when it was made. The video has since been pulled from the Internet.

ESPN also came to Andrews' defense.

"Erin has been grievously wronged," ESPN spokesman Mark Mandel said. "Our people and resources are in full support of her as she deals with this abhorrent act."

Internet scandals
Photos: Erin Andrews isn't the only sports figure who has become embroiled in an Internet scandal. Check out these athletes who found trouble on the World Wide Web.

Andrews has been a subject of fascination ever since bursting onto the scene with ESPN. She was voted America's Sexiest Sportscaster by Playboy in 2007 and 2008.

She started working for ESPN in May 2004 as a member of their NHL coverage and has since covered numerous other sports, including college football and basketball, MLB and the College World Series.

Andrews also made headlines just 10 days ago when she was taken to a hospital after being hit on the chin by a foul ball during an MLB telecast.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
That's awful man. I don't know how she's gonna recover from the mental/emotional damage and eventually go back to work.

engies

Liked Posts:
i think ppl who pose for nude photos or make sex tapes need to accept this risk that it may leak out, even if they didnt conscent

however here this a gross invasion of privacy & imo anyone who tapes with conscent is just sick

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
engies wrote:
i think ppl who pose for nude photos or make sex tapes need to accept this risk that it may leak out, even if they didnt conscent

I sort of agree, but it's still wrong that the stuff leaks out.

however here this a gross invasion of privacy & imo anyone who tapes with conscent is just sick

This I completely agree with. It's really creepy, and it's kind of sad that there are probably tons of people google searching to find the video right now.

engies

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
engies wrote:

I sort of agree, but it's still wrong that the stuff leaks out.

I agree its wrong for anyone to film without consent, or to show others without that persons consent, but I think after the Pam & Tommy Lee tape got released it was a big warning for people. Especially celebrities, they are more likely to attract attention about it. However as stated this case is entirely different. A hole through a hotel room? thats absolutely nuts

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
who cares about her, what about me? I couldnt get the site the video was on. She thinks she was wronged well Xs by 20. lmao

You know who is better looking anyway, Rachel Nicoles. I would kill to see if the carpet matches the drapes.

Mike

Liked Posts:
Heh, this thread sure took a turn for the classy.

Poor girl.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
As much as she should be the one to control whether this sort of material goes public, it's probably the best career booster she could possibly hope for. Look at all the money Paris Hilton has made on the back of being shot to stardom from a crappy quality internet viral video.

engies

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
As much as she should be the one to control whether this sort of material goes public, it's probably the best career booster she could possibly hope for. Look at all the money Paris Hilton has made on the back of being shot to stardom from a crappy quality internet viral video.

A viral video that became a dvd & showed to the world how bad she is in bed

I see your point. But I think these days celeb sex tapes have gone passe. Kim Kardishan pretty much delibrately helped leak her one just to get famous

senrad

Liked Posts:
Pics?

Just kidding. That is really creepy. But her confirming it when she wasn't identified yet makes it sound like a publicity deal a this point.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
senrad wrote:
Pics?

Just kidding. That is really creepy. But her confirming it when she wasn't identified yet makes it sound like a publicity deal a this point.

I don't really see how this could really be a publicity stunt. It's not like she's an actor or musician. She doesn't really have anything to sell. People aren't going to tune into a sports event to see her....well very few people.

Mike

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
senrad wrote:
Pics?

I don't really see how this could really be a publicity stunt. It's not like she's an actor or musician. She doesn't really have anything to sell. People aren't going to tune into a sports event to see her....well very few people.

Agreed. I also think the comparison made earlier to Paris Hilton is pretty low. Hilton is essentially famous for being famous, and because of that, she could (in a round about way) actually stand to gain from what happened to her. That said, I definitely don't believe Paris Hilton would have allowed her tape to get out if she had any reasonable chance of stopping.

Erin Andrews was the victim of a disgusting invasion of her privacy. This wasn't some video to which she initially consented, or even knew about. This was some scumbag using a "peephole reverser" to record her private moments through the peephole of her hotel room door. This is the type of shit that's usually reserved for Lifetime movies.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Don't think Paris would have let the tape get out? I'm pretty confident she released the tape herself. The only thing that even gives me any doubt is the fact that perhaps that's giving her too much credit.

As far as Erin Andrews goes, if you don't think she can gain from this you have no imagination. You think she wants to be some crappy sideline reporter all her career? When was the last time you heard a kid say "when I grow up, I want to be a sideline reporter!" Chances are like any normal human being in the entertainment industry she has dreams of being a star.

I'm not saying she deliberately leaked this, but I also wouldn't bet my life against it either.

senrad

Liked Posts:
Any publicity is good publicity if you are in entertainment.....well unless it's felony worthy or you are found in a asian hotel closet. Erin Andrews is huge with the 18-30 male demographic. If you go to a college sports site like rivals.com and check their message boards you will find a ton of threads dedicated to her. I have no trouble seeing her segue into a reality show or her own talk show or something. Point is just about anything that keeps your name in the spotlight is a good deal.

engies

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
Don't think Paris would have let the tape get out? I'm pretty confident she released the tape herself. The only thing that even gives me any doubt is the fact that perhaps that's giving her too much credit.

As far as Erin Andrews goes, if you don't think she can gain from this you have no imagination. You think she wants to be some crappy sideline reporter all her career? When was the last time you heard a kid say "when I grow up, I want to be a sideline reporter!" Chances are like any normal human being in the entertainment industry she has dreams of being a star.

I'm not saying she deliberately leaked this, but I also wouldn't bet my life against it either.

Paris tried to stop it before realizing it was too late may as well cash in on it plus made her a bigger star. I know she was slightly known before hand, but the first time i had heard of her was the sex tape. When i looked her up i couldnt believe people found her attractive. That beak on her face is horrid.