Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of the biggest knocks against LeBron was that he was so successful because the East was dog shit. Most people said he wouldn't have made anywhere close to 8 NBA Finals had he played in the West.

Well, LBJ's first season in the West has led to him missing the playoffs, as you all know. Yes, the Lakers have dealt with a lot of injuries this year, but LBJ has played on injury plagued teams in the past and still made the playoffs.

How much do you think this tarnishes his legacy?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One of the biggest knocks against LeBron was that he was so successful because the East was dog shit. Most people said he wouldn't have made anywhere close to 8 NBA Finals had he played in the West.

Well, LBJ's first season in the West has led to him missing the playoffs, as you all know. Yes, the Lakers have dealt with a lot of injuries this year, but LBJ has played on injury plagued teams in the past and still made the playoffs.

How much do you think this tarnishes his legacy?

I don't think it really does tarnish his legacy. But definitely makes it harder to put him over Michael Jordan (if you ever could).

I also think its true LeBron wouldn't have made 8 FInals if he was in the West. The East these past 5-6 years has been some of the weakest of a conference we've ever seen. Something I say you could compare to the early 2000's east or even the 1980's Western Conference.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wonder if kids under 10 right now will end up having discussions about whether Ja Morant is better than Lebron.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's not forget that Lebron himself was injured for longer than he's ever been this season. Doesn't affect his legacy at all

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Let's not forget that Lebron himself was injured for longer than he's ever been this season. Doesn't affect his legacy at all

The Lakers still had a losing record when he actually played.

He's still probably the 2nd best player of all-time. The only thing it effects is his chance at GOAT status. Missing the playoffs this season ends his chance at an opportunity for GOAT title in my opinion.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Lakers still had a losing record when he actually played.

He's still probably the 2nd best player of all-time. The only thing it effects is his chance at GOAT status. Missing the playoffs this season ends his chance at an opportunity for GOAT title in my opinion.
Yeah don't get me wrong it was a bad season regardless of his health, but this season doesn't affect my opinion of Lebron whatsoever.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
LeBron ever being better than Michael was over after his showing against Dallas in the 2011 Finals. He did rebound from that and deserves all the credit for doing so, but thats a pretty big stain on his legacy that Jordan doesn't have.

Him missing the playoffs with a injured, badly constructed roster pales in comparison and no it doesn't affect my opinion of him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've actually been putting some thought into the question in the OP. Here's what I've come up with: it doesn't.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No...what he needs is a good scoring PG at this stage of his career to carry weight and dictate pace, control the game flow and take scoring load, as well as hit big clutch shots, w/leadership. A guard who can fill in Lebrons acknowledged weaker areas creates a dynamic team with him because of all the versatile things he does.

I could see an Embiid, or Anthony Davis type...shits...

if you seriously can't envision a

Irving-Ball-Lebron-Kuzma-Davis scenario just falling into place. The thing is that Ball can defend, rebound and pass....so will be part of a scenario where he is the 4th option, 5th options....just fine.
They have enough off the bench with that, getting two free agents in their lap, and then cheap veterans who wwant the Lebron Lakers experience. They will be back. That team would have alot of length, and some passing and ball skill with unique scorers.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Michael Jordon tarnishes all others legacies.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Michael Jordon tarnishes all others legacies.

Hmmm...I must have overlooked this Michael Jordon fellow you speak of

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Johnny Kilroy is underrated.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
did anyone see that guy on epsn who wrote a book about LeBron INC. where he states that Lebron to LA had little to do with basketball? He says that LeBron wants to own a team like Jordan does, and knows the money made off the court is what gets them in the financial situation to be in the purchase a team discussion. Claims Cleveland would be obvious, but he and Gilbert hate each other.

Guess the insider thinks like me.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Lebron James is like a better version of Jerry West. NBA is the only league where a guy can be nicknamed "Mr. Clutch" and have a 1-8 record in Finals series.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think most people knew that Lebron wasn't going to the Lakers to win. I think he really was just setting up his after basketball career in Los Angeles.