OT: Lions Release Jahvid Best

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shocking...Lions cut another first round pick.

Sidenote: Anyone think Bush makes some noise for them...or does he become another injury report waiting to happen?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

Sidenote: Anyone think Bush makes some noise for them...or does he become another injury report waiting to happen?

Bush has actually become an every down, reliable back. At the age of 28 IMO he'll be a bell cow in Detriot.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In reality...it's the best he's been set up offensively since leaving the Saints, but things just always go so terrible in that Detroit backfield.

I'd say Bush will break that chain, but...you know....fuck the Lions and all that jazz.....

Cutlerfan0615

Liked Posts:

He has hovered around 1000 yards the past two years with the dolphins at about 14 att/G with about 300 yards recieving. He will be their primary back ahead of Mikel Leshoure. My guess is he gets about 700 rushing yards with Leshoure getting 500 yards or so. I hope he doesn't take a screen to the house though. Remember 2006?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

It's unfortunate that Jahvid Best couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reggie Bush will be very good for the Lions this season and I think he will put up at least 1,500 total yards on offense.

In 2011, Bush averaged 5.0 yards per carry as the starting running back for the Dolphins. He started off good last season for the first three games but he got hurt in the middle of that third game, so his season kinda went downhill from there.

Slacker

Liked Posts:
He has hovered around 1000 yards the past two years with the dolphins at about 14 att/G with about 300 yards recieving. He will be their primary back ahead of Mikel Leshoure. My guess is he gets about 700 rushing yards with Leshoure getting 500 yards or so. I hope he doesn't take a screen to the house though. Remember 2006?
I don't care if he takes a screen to the house in a 14-39 loss.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reggie Bush was brought in to restore some much needed discipline to the team.......

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm not sure Bush can handle the load and stay healthy. He's talented enough to put up big numbers, but how will he fare behind the Lions OL? They turned over both tackles (Backus and Cherilus), right? Sims is the only decent lineman they have I believe.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Bush doesn't need to be a complete workhorse for them, Leshore is capable of serving in a platoon. He'll get all the passing down looks though, which in Det is almost all lol.

The biggest problem for Det's run game is their OL. What are they doing at T besides a raw, unproven Reiff? Do they have any interior linemen?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the highlight in that link and cringed every time a teammate slapped Best on the helmet after the play.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I remember how his taunting on the way to the end zone pissed off the Bears enough to make them stomp all over N.O.'s asses for the rest of the game. I certainly hope that if he unfortunately finds the end zone against the Bears in the future, he's dumb enough to pull something like that again.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Bush doesn't need to be a complete workhorse for them, Leshore is capable of serving in a platoon. He'll get all the passing down looks though, which in Det is almost all lol.

The biggest problem for Det's run game is their OL. What are they doing at T besides a raw, unproven Reiff? Do they have any interior linemen?

Yeah, their line is looking pretty rough - the one major piece holding back a pretty decent team (luckily). It'll be nice not having the worst line in the North this year.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
His best play of his career was hitting that ridiculous 57 yard run on us when Briggs missed his gap

and Urlacher was yelling at him on the bench, lol

ah, memories

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

Lets not get crazy with making fun of first round picks being cut. Do we even have a first rounder on the team from the Lovie Era? That's a big no

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
We have to remember, the Dolphins had a very good run blocking OL for a few years. Saints were pretty good too with their pro bowl interior. Detroit...not too worried about that OL opening holes in the running game. Pass blocking...now that is a different story. They were pretty good at that but hopefully with their LT gone, they will be vulnerable again.

Here's to laying the wood on Bush like the Eagles did in the playoffs! Crawling like a baby on a legal hit

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not afraid of bush. In more ways than one.

BEARSWAGGER

Liked Posts:
Mikel Leshoure isnt even the 2nd best RB on that team...that would go to Joique Bell. Bush gets hurt, Leshoure and Bell are terrible so the Lions bring in Kevin Smith!