OT: Lovie Smith new Texans DC

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Texans trying to score brownie points with Watson.
I dunno... them not waiting to interview Bieniemy has me thinking Watson is 100% gone now. I thought they would hire him and Watson would stay. There goes that.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lovie is a dinosaur. If you watched any University of Illinois football you would see a system that's totally overmatched in today's football. He remains loyal to the Tampa 2, he's still pretty inflexible, and that Texan defense isn't going to have the talent or the fit to be successful.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It would be classic Bears if Lovie Smith helped convince Watson to stay in Texas. Texans seem to be putting together a bunch of people Cal can pray with.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good for Lovie. I hope he does well.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
its not just that, why culley?? unless this guy was requested by watson which does not seem to be the case, he has no good credentials to show why he'd make for a good HC.
No doubt, the Texans are in complete disarray.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is the equivalent of the Bears hiring Martz. Both guys have success when gifted Pro Bowl and HOF talent, fail miserably elsewhere, leave the NFL( Lovie continues to fail at the collegiate level), and return to a different NFL. I imagine LS's results will be much like Martz'.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I dunno... them not waiting to interview Bieniemy has me thinking Watson is 100% gone now. I thought they would hire him and Watson would stay. There goes that.

Culley fits the bill, who I think will be be much better than Bienemy who rode the Mahommes, Reid coattails.

Last edited:

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This is the equivalent of the Bears hiring Martz. Both guys have success when gifted Pro Bowl and HOF talent, fail miserably elsewhere, leave the NFL( Lovie continues to fail at the collegiate level), and return to a different NFL. I imagine LS's results will be much like Martz'.
I think If the bears had a different defense those teams would’ve given up 0points for the year

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lovie has very little talent to work with on that defense. This season will be worse than his 2009 defense

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I thought they did end up talking with Bienemy or said they were planning on bringing him in or some shit?